[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Far reaches of Africa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: TurtleIslandSL.jpg (225 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
TurtleIslandSL.jpg
225 KB, 1600x1067
/trv/,

I spend hours looking at the most remote places in Africa (most often the west coast) and I just want to hear from people who have been to the most remote places on the continent.

What did you see and do, what were the people like, where were you and what made you go there ??

Thanks all !!

(Pic related - Turtle Island Sierra Leone)
>>
Spent a lot of time in Mozambique for work. Met up with a lot of friends way out in the bush as well. Every city has it's own day throughot the year with a big celebration, which were always fun as well.

People there are great, if you're fine with doing things the local style it can be cheap as fuck (Hitching rides of around 1000km for about $3, and the driver will usually offered snacks)
>>
>>1078266

DRC and Sahara are last remote places.
>>
This is what Lonely Planet has to say about the Central African Republic: "The lack of development has left large swathes of lush rainforest, which still teem with wildlife, including thousands of gorillas and elephants. Travellers can float among wild rivers into an Africa that the world thought no longer existed. As rich life looms in its darkest jungles, warmth, generosity, and pride steadfastly survive in the hearts of its people. CAR is Africa at its most raw."

>>1078531
Not true at all.
>>
>>1078597
isn't it also in the middle of a civil war though?
>>
>>1078607
Idk man, probably. But that wasn't OP's question.

Personally if I wanted to get lost in Africa I'd go to Bioko. The entire island is covered in jungle and volcanoes. It's one of the most corrupt countries on earth but Americans can go there visa-free so they wouldn't have much opportunity to shake you down.
Supposed to be good scuba diving too.
Flights from Cameroon are cheap; now if only I could get to Cameroon...
>>
OP are you interested in the Sahara at all? I've been to Mauritania which is very sparsely populated and wild west-y. Really nice people and cool landscape. For a couple hundred euro you can hire a camel and guide and go literally anywhere.
>>
>>1078597

Ugh yeah DRC is you are stupid.
>>
The Namib desert is a pretty far out place, beware of German tourists though.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.