[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think it's acceptable to go travelling while unemployed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: unemployment.jpg (101 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
unemployment.jpg
101 KB, 1200x675
Do you think it's acceptable to go travelling while unemployed?

Or do you think I should focus on getting a job (I've been unemployed for 7 months now...) and try and take a month off work in about a year's time?
>>
Do you have enough money to support yourself while traveling?
>>
>>1077975
>acceptable
What the fuck does that even mean in this context? Going traveling or not is not a moral question. If you have the money to go travel (and then still have enough money to support yourself while looking for work again afterwards), then go ahead. If you have money problems, look for a job instead.
>>
>>1077980
Yeah
>>1077986
> What the fuck does that even mean in this context?
Dunno I just always feel guilty about it and I think employers would go "lol what a faggot swanning off to the other side of the world, why the fuck would i employ you"
>>
>>1077975
Travel and get a job there thats what im gonna do
>>
Honestly, ive told myself that thr next time I have a big boy job and I'm in between them, I'll travel. You can do interviews over Skype if your resume is good enough and just fly back whenever. I have never been unemployed for too long but if I anticipated it would be longer than a month, I'd just travel until I get a call back. Granted, I don't really have obligations or dependents.

Most of the applications these days are online, anyway. As long as you're actually sending them out while you're traveling I think it's an amazing idea. You win either way.
>>
>>1077993
do you want to filter your life through "bbbut what will the boss think of me?"
>>
>>1077975
Why do you need a month off all at once? You see like you really don't even want to work.

Go back to work dude, and if you can't, you should be furthering your education or working outside of your field. Use your funds to pay for a relocation to somewhere else in the meantime. Go work where there are jobs right now. The only benefit I can see to traveling right now is to further your depression and make it harder to explain your lapse in employment.
>>
>>1077993
I think its the opposite, sitting on your ass at home for a long period of time is seen negatively on your CV, a trip abroad is actually a good thing.
>>
>>1078068
I wish I had this level of self confidence
>>1078082
No, but I don't have any self confidence
>>1078092
Because if I travel I want it to be proper fucking travelling, AT LEAST a month

I don't have anything against working, I just want to do travelling properly. I know so many people who have gone for months at a time. I don't just want to do a fucking one or two week holiday, that isn't the same thing as travelling.
>>
Do it faggot. Now if you have the money you can do whatever you want without needing to get time off work approved and limited to however much they give you. As aforementioned you can use traveling to explain your employment gap.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.