[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so in a female traveling solo to oslo, Stockholm, Berlin,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 625x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 625x433
Okay, so in a female traveling solo to oslo, Stockholm, Berlin, and then to Warsaw. I need some advice- what should I be cautious of? I've never been to those places and to be honest, all the shit I hear about the rape and refugee crisis in Sweden is freaking me out a little. Other than that, any other advice helps. What should I check out, where should I go?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Hey miss,
My first question is why have you not choose Copenhagen? Lots of things to do there and the architect is pretty awesome. Not to mention the hospitality and friendliness of the Danes
When I arrived in Copenhagen I had a male street advisor asking me of I was aware of the discrimination towards women happening around the world. He was just making people aware. It's a great place and so much cheaper than Oslo.
>>
>>1077432
Don't hang around train stations at night, as that's where the rapefugees lurk.

Honestly, it's much much safer than USA.
>American in Europe for 6 years, been everywhere you mentioned.

Oslo and Stockholm will be fine. In Berlin, the sketchiest that will happen is you'll see prostitutes on the street or someone will offer you coke. It can look pretty beat-up, but that's it's hipster flair and why it's popular with gentrifying white folks looking for urban authenticity minus blacks that they crave so much. I'm sure you'll like it. The Turks live in their own neighbourhoods, and if you've ever been to Chicago, LA or Detroit, you'll wonder what all the fuss is.

Warsaw, well... It's Poland. But you shouldn't have problems. Avoid gypsies, they're worse than refugees.
>>
>>1077432
Berliner here.

If you're a hipster/alternative you'll probably want to visit Kreuzberg. Just be cautious if you walk the streets alone at night especially in this district and beware of any Arabs/Blacks approaching you too. Most of the time they'll offer to sell you drugs laced with shit but usually they have an accomplice that will pickpocket you or mug you from behind.

No matter how much people tell how you cool it is, AVOID GÖRLIZER PARK. There is nothing there that you'll want to see. It's just minorities, robberies, muggings, drugs, crime, and refugees with some lefty crazy hippies smoking weed in the center.

Anything further east than Prenzlauer Berg or Friedrichshain is just a commieblock shit hole. Neukölln is Turk central. Anything south of Tempelhof is just suburbs. Everything you'll want to see is located in Mitte.

Do checkout Postdam. It's about a 45min ride outside of Berlin with the S-Bahn. In Berlin, as for the must sees go, check out Brandenburger Tor, Alexanderplatz, Kurfürstendamm, Museumsinsel, Potsdamer Platz, Tiergarten, most of Mitte, and then everything else depends on what your interests are.

Any other questions just ask.
>>
>>1077508
this guy is a boring idiot. fuck off and leave berlin.
>>
>>1077510
Fuck you, shithead. Not everyone is this world is all about drugs and refugees. If you want that shit then you should probably fucking kill yourself. Fuck off back to /b/ retard
>>
>>1077508
how can i differentiate myself from a refugee/turkish person in germany?

I'm from spain but i have a wicked tan (well compared to others from here) and i don't have a large nose

otherwise i could grow a beard and throw on some clothes and look like a syrian "refugee" help pls.
Should i wear a pigs head around my neck?
>>
>>1077432
I don't think it makes sense for a solo female to be traveling to predominatly muslim places (Berlin, Stockholm)
>>
>>1077535
Mmmmm that might not be easy. All I can suggest is to be clean shaven. Every muslim here has some facial hair. If you dress alternative then you won't be seen as a refugee.

At this point no one really cares.We have so many brown people that they don't even stick out anymore. You'll blend in just being yourself.
>>
>>1077535
Dress well. Refugees always wear that typical shit, like t-shirts or polo shirts with way too much meaningless writing on it, and all that artificially distressed denim. Honestly, we can tell. Wear a Spanish football jersey if it helps (Real and Barca fans are both annoying as fuck, but I guess it's better than being an Arab leech)
>>
>>1077432
Stockholm and Berlin are both very safe, most likely much safer than wherever you are from.

>>1077542
/pol/ please leave, edgy teenagers are not welcome here
>>
>>1077432
>>1077575
You'll be fine. Consider reading actual news and less /pol/.
>>
I'm from Seattle. I've spent a lot of time in the Bay Area of Cali. Thanks for all of your input.
>>
File: baithq.jpg (53 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
baithq.jpg
53 KB, 625x626
>>1077432
>a female traveling solo to oslo, Stockholm, Berlin
>all the shit I hear about the rape and refugee crisis in Sweden is freaking me out
>>
ficki ficki is just a myth all those nice muslim boys are just playing around

make sure you dress in skimpy clothes, im sure you will be very cultured by the end of it
>>
>>1077575
>most likely much safer than wherever you are from.
what kind of illogical advice is this? Give it a rest "realist." It's your personal problem, and not helpful.

OP, when a female alone, the trick is that you need to spend a little more money, unfortunately and not travel Real Traveler status at all. You travel like an ambassadors wife or someone with minor celebrity status trying to do a low profile from being spotted or mobbed by some fans. You don't need a handler in these places, but you do need some kind of door to door ability when possible vs public transport. So, you arrange limo to/from airports and train stations through your hotel in advance, who will have a vetted long term driver, not some random you flagged down. It might be about 25% more than a taxi, usually. The same drivers can be amazing for little day trips/tour ideas of less than a half day. Depending on the city, the taxi jobs are more controlled/regulated, and competitive, and done by the best of locals, not recent immigrants (some of the attacks in Cologne were muslim taxi drivers). I can't say with these citities because it's been 10ish years since I've been in any of them, cept for Berlin. This is general advice. Where language is an uncomfortable barrier, like maybe Warsaw, you might enjoy a private tour of some of the landmarks, cathedral, artsy places if you can arrange one. A guide to walk with you who know the good and bad streets, and someone who can chat the whole time about the culture, their life, their history, is like a paid friend. Spend money on something like this every 3rd day, and it isn't too much like traveling like the rich. Where to dine? Talk to concierges, they're not clueless as to what is safe for a single female. They get their little tip, but they know the feedback about safety, and can steer you right. They might even send you somewhere they know the owner/staff, and you can enjoy a little VIP service while there.
>>
>>1077921
Nigga you just went full kc tier.
>>
>>1077921
Tl;dr
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.