[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food and drink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: SAM_2670.jpg (4 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
SAM_2670.jpg
4 MB, 4000x3000
Can we get a thread of OC photos of food and drink from around the world?
Stories about your culinary experiences also welcome.
I'll post a few to start. Rats roasting in the Mekong Delta
>>
File: SAM_2669.jpg (8 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
SAM_2669.jpg
8 MB, 3000x4000
Pho for breakfast at Cai Rang floating market
>>
File: eszköz_20141207_019.jpg (2 MB, 3552x2000) Image search: [Google]
eszköz_20141207_019.jpg
2 MB, 3552x2000
by the time the meal is ready, i can't think of taking photos anymore... this is the closest probably, it's only the rice and the marinated meat missing, the sides are almost all set. busan, the restaurant where we saw most locals go in. no fish there.

the best food pics on my phone are wechat uploads from random nanning kids in china. they upload all these chickens beheaded in dusty backyards all the time, gotta love them.
>>
File: 1111.jpg (636 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
636 KB, 1920x2560
This is a photo of a Torta Guacamaya.

Tortas are just sandwiches made in Mexico. I had them all over the place. I've seen a few different versions but the one with roasted pork meat was probably most common. They were all awesome. Until I made it to Guanajuato and tried this one. This one wasn't just awesome, it was one of the best things I've ever eaten.

First of all, they person just made a regular sandwich with some roasted pork head meat. Lots of fatty bits in there. Then they started putting in pieces of chicharron in there. They just kept stuffing it and stuffing it to the point where it was no longer possible to bite it without pulling out some of the pieces of fried pork skin. Everything was covered in the best salsa I've ever had in my life and one I will likely never eat again. The person who made it said it was made with 7 different chilies some of which were local. It's pictured in the back. Avocado was in there as well somewhere but seriously, it's all about the chicharron and salsa in this one.
>>
File: IMG_20151224_160004.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151224_160004.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
Best foie gras you'll find on earth, directly from the the farm in south west France
>>
>>1077426
MURDERER
>>
>>1077497
I am 100% ok with this
Fuck the hypocrite who critize the making of foie gras and won't think twice about going to McDonalds eating beef who never saw the light of day
>>
File: 2015-10-30 004.jpg (4 MB, 5279x2969) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-30 004.jpg
4 MB, 5279x2969
Bought 11 cheese types in Tunisia, 100 grams each.
Ate them with bread. 6 of them were pretty good, 2-3 of them weren't meant for eating standalone. Should've probably eaten real food instead of this, but I like cheese.
>>
>>1077517
>Caring either way about the animal

Only thing that matters is the taste. If happy animals leads to better food I'm for it. If miserable animals doesn't affect the taste and is cheaper, I'm for it.
>>
>>1077522
As a lover of cheese, this looks like heaven if you combine it with a good drink and good company.
>>
>>1077423
>this is why you're fat
and Mexicans too. But seriously, I'd eat it.
>>1077522
IME, Arab cheeses aren't that wildly different. You've got your soft feta-type cheeses, your hard halloumi-like cheeses (which I do love) and occasionally slightly aged soft gouda-like cheeses. Brined or not. That's about it.

>>1077557
Wow, such principles! Such ethics!

Honestly, free range meat does taste better. The difference can be subtle (or really freaking obvious!), but once you get used to it, going back to mass produced meat is a noticeable change. GOOD foie gras geese get to waddle around outside, they are just force-fed, but it honestly doesn't spaz them out too much. I'd avoid the kind that are just kept in dank pens all day. Yes it's cruel to the animals, but it also tastes flatter.

That said, although I like goose generally, I'm not a huge fan of liver. Top-shelf foie gras is something to try, it's rich, but still to 'livery' for me.
>>
File: Honeyview_P7030146 (2).jpg (112 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Honeyview_P7030146 (2).jpg
112 KB, 853x480
less animal rights QQ, more pics pls

here is minke whale, in Iceland
>>
>>1077616
I had a rich neighbor who bought a summer estate nearby me, and he gave me some really expensive, really high quality beef.

Didn't taste that much better. Actually preferred the supermarket store-bought to test it with.
>>
>>1077658
>some really expensive, really high quality beef.
Is that what he called it? k, bud.

Cattle are a bit different anyway though, since they really need to be grazed to some extent (unless it's veal), and only fattened up in a feedlot towards slaughter time. Same with lamb/sheep. It's much harder to keep them penned up, and will reduce meat quality. Anyway, comparing one time only, especially on a pleb, you may not notice the difference. It's still meat, so it doesn't necessarily slap you in the face. However, the first time I ate a fresh small-farm free-range Iberico pata negra pork chop in Spain, it was a near-fucking divine experience. I couldn't believe how much more delicious pork could taste like. Christ, I can never back to 0.99c pork chops now... It's the same with poultry.

That's why I said if you're used to eating free-range animals, and go back to factory farmed, you will notice a difference in quality, taste, etc.
>>
File: IMG_0844.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0844.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>1077522
If you visit northern Morocco at the right time of year, the Berbers sell this gorgeous fluffy kind of cheese -- must be from goats or sheep -- it's pure white and traditionally comes wrapped in palm fronds. It crumbles or spreads and goes great with olives or on bread with apricot jam. Heavenly shit.
>>
>>1077717
Moroccan anon here. It's called Jben
>>
>>1077616
>this is why you're fat

Well that sandwich wasn't why I was fat. It wasn't that big of a sandwich to be honest, I could have eaten 2 of those easy.

I was fat for other reasons but in the last 3 years I lost 60lbs and I'm just about 15 from being at the optimal weight for my height.
>>
>>1077717
My dick is diamond
>>
>>1077557
The thing is just that I care about the impact on the environment, not really about the animal's happiness
>>
>>1077717
It is basically just 'fresh cheese', or whatever you call it in your language. Farmer's cheese, (pressed/drained) cottage cheese, queso blanco, frischkäse, paneer. About the simplest cheese you can make. Of course, freshly made it is tastiest.

But you can make it yourself, minus the Moroccan granny's touch, it's easy as balls.

>>1077774
You're a hard man, anon. Whew. Clint Eastwood would piss himself if he ran into you.
>>
>>1077717
Reminds me of the Italian straciatella made of buffalo milk... Need to try
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.