[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
International SIM cards in the United States
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: fishdrive.jpg (44 KB, 640x405) Image search: [Google]
fishdrive.jpg
44 KB, 640x405
Hi /trv/, my mom's going to be going back to visit Spain, and I'd like to get a SIM card for a Spanish mobile provider before she leaves.

She currently doesn't even have a cellphone, and barely knows how to use technology. I know she could just buy one in Spain very easily, but I don't want to have her try and buy one and install it by herself. So I'd like to buy a SIM card online, get her a phone and have her all set before she leaves the country.

While on the subject, which carrier would be best in Spain anyway?

I apologize if this is more /g/ than /trv/, but I figured travelers deal with this more frequently than gentoomen.
>>
Bumping for interest. I would like to ask the same but in reverse. If I go to the states, what do I need to do to keep cellphone/internet acces? And is this different for every state?
>>
Carrefour Móvil:

http://www.carrefour.es/telecom/internet-movil/index.html

SIM: 10€ in any Carrefour supermarket (including Carrefour Express), includes 5€ of credit. You want the data SIM, not the voice SIM. They sell them in the checkout line.

DATA TARIFFS:
1€/day unlimited data, billed per-day. If you only connect during one day (0h-2359h) you only pay 1€. Thus that SIM will keep you going for five days without a recharge. You get full HSPA data up to 100MB/day, then it drops to 128Mb/s.

1GB Pack - 19€, good for a 30-day period, unlimited data. Once you pass 1GB, speed is reduced to 128Mb/s. You can either re-up for another 1GB or switch to the 1€/day after that.

APN Settings:
apn: CARREFOURINTERNET
user: <blank>
password: <blank>

--------------------

Vodafone:

http://vodafone.es

SIM: 18€ in any Vodafone shop, includes 18€ of credit. There is a Vodafone shop every couple of blocks in the cities, and every small town has at least one.

DATA TARIFFS:
0,50€/day unlimited data - no P2P, no VOIP, consistent high volume gets you booted to their GPRS network at lower speed

3€/week unlimited data - same as above

IPAD SIM:
15€ includes 15€ of credit. VOIP works.

IPAD TARIFFS:
15€/month - 200MB, then speed drops to GPRS
32€/month - 2GB, then speed drops to GPRS

All Vodafone SIMs can be recharged in ATMs that have the "4b" logo.

APN SETTINGS:
APN: ac.vodafone.es
Username: vodafone
Password: vodafone

--------------------
Another option is Happy Móvil:

http://www.happymovil.es

SIM: 10€, available in any Phone House shop, also most other independent mobile shops.

DATA TARIFF:
0,09€/MB - EDGE speeds, billed in MB increments.

All Happy Móvil SIMs can be recharged in "la Caixa" ATMs. This may be an interesting option because they have extremely cheap international calls - around 0,06€/minute to much of the world - and calls between Happy Móvil numbers are always free.

APN SETTINGS:
APN: internet
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.