[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here hates 'semi-permanent residents' at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1453296893949.jpg (29 KB, 480x644) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453296893949.jpg
29 KB, 480x644
Anyone else here hates 'semi-permanent residents' at hostels?
I feel like they kill the atmosphere really. They're just there, supposedly travelling, but in actual fact just sitting there all day only entertaining the folks they know and not really engaging with the people.
Have had it many times now when I travel around and they suck the air out of the room. It's like you visit a workplace and you're the client and they're the staff.
>>
>>1076314
>only entertaining the folks they know and not really engaging with the people.
Staying in a hostel for companionship is kind of sad in the first place. I think you should stop hoping other people entertain you on your travels. Travel with friends/family you know and get a hotel, or at least get out of the hostel and do things of your own accord.
>>
>>1076318

Why is that 'sad'? Hostels are organized that way, to meet up with fellow travellers. They have common rooms for that specific reason.
>>
I hate people who stay at hostels, period. Especially the type that apparently believes they are entitled to an extremely specific, carefully preconceived experience for 15 bucks a night and have the gall to become indignant when things don't work out as demanded.

Have you considered suicide, op?
>>
>>1076322

Yeah, I was totally asking for a carefully preconceived experience by having people talk. 15 bucks is way too cheap for that.
>>
>>1076320
>They have common rooms for that specific reason.
They have these because they aren't offering hotel rooms that have tables/chairs and places to plan or wait for companions who are still getting ready. They also have them because they don't allow people up to your room who aren't paying customers.

You're paying for a bed, a shower possibility, and nothing more. Stop glamorizing it. Normal people care about their health/hygiene and sanitized surroundings prepared just for them and used only by them, not being around strangers of the lowest class possible sharing bed bugs, foot fungus and public sin. It's cool you consider yourself social and all that, but tell us again why locals are interested in the visitor who is transient? You're leaving soon. Hang out with friendships that might last and all that. That would be why this dude would have no interest in your attempt to do things and/or hanging on.
>>
>>1076328

Long lasting is where it's at. Why talk to a stranger and share stories and just smalltalk while you could be having that amazing life of yours at home with all that permanence and certainty hu?
Love the implications there.
>>
>>1076334
Logic doesn't work that way, kid. Nice try.

It's still sad.
>>
>>1076328
>lowest class possible

Have you ever even been in a hostel? Nobody was 'low class' in the last one I was in. There was no 'public sin' either.

I think you are making a pretty absurd leap to claim people who go to hostels are not normal.
>>
>>1076318
Lol you have probably never been laid abroad (if at all) and you breastfed until you were 14. Do you need your mommy to hold your hand as you cross the street?
>>
>>1076314
The hangers on do so for cheap/free rent and cuz they get laid a lot. I've been in a hostel a couple months cuz I wasn't sure if I was coming or going. I smashed all types of pussy and had a new drinking companion every night, if they were cunts, just wait a few days.

Kind of sad that it took me 3 months to see London beyond Soho/Covent garden but mehh... I averaged it out and it was a new pussy every 5 days so mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh alpha male shit, fag. Pump, dump, onto the next one, fucking in the showers and laundry room and shit

Awesome experience and it was right across from the British museum
>>
Long-term hostels can be really great though. I stayed in one in Melbourne for nearly 5 months, and it was some of the best times of my life. The place was a total dump, but the atmosphere was incredible. Everyone who stayed there for a few nights would get sucked in and end up staying for at least a few months. It can be kind of intimidating though when you first get there and everyone seems like they've known each for ever, but you get over that pretty quickly.
>>
>>1076320
Hostels are organized ro be cheap to run and cheap to stay in. That's it
>>
>>1076419
Don't think that's true at all. Most put a spin either on comfort/cleanliness for your money (yha) or social scene (backpacker dives with those godawful wall murals and shisha for sale).
>>
>>1076354
This agrees with my experience long term in a hostel. Really gives you a chance to hone your game. Eventually it does get boring telling the same lines over and over.
>>
>>1076314
First of all OP, don't listen to the idiots saying shit about hostelers, there's a group of trolls on here that have something against hostels as if they're too good for them.

As for your question, this hasn't been an issue for me until my last long trip. I was staying in a hostel where a girl was staying there and befriending everyone only to lie and sell everyone on a tour she was getting commission on. So I met another guy in the hostel looking to go to the same spot I was going. We just didn't know if there was a direct bus or another form of transport to get there. She and the other hostel staff basically wouldn't give us any information and instead tried to sell us on the tour that would have been twice as expensive but would only spend about half the time at the location we wanted to get to.

For me, giving accurate information is really important when I stay in places where I don't speak the local language. I found it very unfair that they tried to cheat me.

Jokes on them though, for some reason when I signed in they asked me if I want to pay later. I said sure as I was going to withdraw some money later on. When I went to pay the next day I was marked as having paid so I basically got a bed for free for 2 days.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.