[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got a week to spend in this red area in between a visit of 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: italy.jpg (416 KB, 910x1070) Image search: [Google]
italy.jpg
416 KB, 910x1070
Got a week to spend in this red area in between a visit of 3 days to Ravenna and a week in Urbino.

Any recommendations? Other than Rome/Florence/Tuscany (already been there recently) .

Just mostly after some peace and quiet so those horrid costa del sol-esque rimini beaches are off. Sadly.
>>
I would spend half a day in perugia. There is the most delicious sandwich maker there. and also a couple of bars with nice scenery and coffee. Great for a relaxed lunch
>>
>>1119283
Noted, looks solid.
Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
File: IMG_20160514_152947.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160514_152947.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>1119290
If you're going to Perugia, no reason not to take take along a towel and swimming trunks and spend an afternoon at Lago Trasimeno. This depends on when you're going, of course. Go to San Marino. It's meme-tier, but at least you'll be able to say you've been there. I'm Italian and I haven't ever. Assisi is also nice, but kind of small. Ravenna is supposed to be nice, but it's just on the outskirts of your red line. Where will you be staying, exactly? Will you have a car, or will you use just trains and buses?
>>
File: IMG_20160511_182452.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160511_182452.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>1119300
>Ravenna
ayyy, I should really try to read OPs more carefully next time.
>>
>>1119300
We're staying in the old town center of Ravenna, and just outside Urbino. The rest is still quite open. We've got a car and a willingness to make some miles.

Lago Trasimeno looks great, that's definitely going on the list.

Is San Marino worth a visit other than for memes. I heard it's really busy in the summer.
Regardless, thanks for your suggestions.
>>
File: IMG_20160515_150402.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160515_150402.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>1119304
>Is San Marino worth a visit other than for memes
>other than for memes
Some would say that's the only reason why you should go places. Anyway, it's a nice town from what I hear, but if it weren't a different country, it'd get 1/50th of the tourists it gets now, tops. Again: I've never been there, so take this with a grain of salt.

If you're spending a week in Urbino, you should also go hit the beach at Rimini, Riccione or any of those towns. It'll be PACKED, but there are always lots of foreign girls on their first trip abroad, and they're easy.
>>
>>1119311
>mostly after some peace and quiet so those horrid costa del sol-esque rimini beaches are off

Also I'm going with my fiance. So rimini is definitely off. I'll give San Marino some thought though. Thanks buddy.
>>
File: IMG_20160517_140103.jpg (940 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160517_140103.jpg
940 KB, 3264x2448
>>1119312
>>mostly after some peace and quiet so those horrid costa del sol-esque rimini beaches are off
That's fair enough. Depending on when you're going to Perugia: http://www.umbriajazz.com/
>>
>>1119281
Assisi is worth a look
>>
>>1119304
I've been to San Marino and I think it's fucking cool. It's a city on top of like a giant 3000 foot rock cliff, and from the top you can basically see Croatia across the Adriatic.

Would recommend, spend a day there or so.
>>
File: Assisi (1).jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Assisi (1).jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>1119281
You should listen that guy which suggests to go to Assisi (pic related), very nice town!

Furthermore I would like to suggest to take a look at
1) Frasassi caves
http://www.frasassi.com/Home.aspx?L=EN
2) Marmore falls
http://www.marmorefalls.it/?lang=eng

I don't know if you're also interested in the nature but these two are very beautiful.
Good trip, I loved the Umbria region!
>>
Rimini is an awesome beach i live about an hour away,
>>
I have been there lots of times during summer, as I live in Veneto. I advice you to visit San Marine and San Leo Castle and, I have cloudy memories, but I really liked Gradara Castle, which is famous for Italian literature ( Dante on Paolo e Francesca ). Google them. I hope I helped you.
>>
Orvieto is pretty splendid
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.