[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Couchsurfing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 16
Does /trv/ use this site? I find it intriguing and yet sketchy as fuck. Has anyone had experience with hosting?
>>
I live in Europe and hosted two US girls for two nights. They were really happy and everything worked out fine.
>>
Hosted 2 guys, 2 girls, everyone on seperate occasions. Was fun, would do it more if I wasn't so busy. I keep in touch with two of them.

Also looking forward to couchsurfing myself when I go travelling later this year
>>
>>1074636
> that pic
have you ever been so fucked up on cocaine that you put montreal in the northwest territories?
>>
>>1074786
>dat St. Petersburg
>>
I used to use Couchsurfing all the time a few years ago, and I've had nothing but positive experiences. Met some really interesting people, and the sense of having a "friend" in every new city you arrive in is just invaluable. In recent years I've had less opportunity to travel, more money and less social energy; the only reasons why I'm not still using it as my go-to travel resource.

To be clear, you'll have best results if you don't treat it as a source of cheap accommodation, but as a source of local knowledge, expertise and interesting company. Having a place to sleep is a bonus on top of that.
>>
The site has endless legions of freeloaders, French and German people who haven't showered in weeks, gay nudist hosts, and braindead psuedocommie granolaheads but beyond that it's cool
>>
>>1074636
European qts love it
>cocksurfing
>>
>>1074786
Also apparently Seattle has finally given up and changed their name to San Francisco.
>>
File: boner.png (34 KB, 298x279) Image search: [Google]
boner.png
34 KB, 298x279
>>1074844
R-really?
>>
been on it since '08, tons of great experiences and awesome people have been had through it
>>
Is it completely free or do I need to tip my hosts?
>>
File: maxresdeffault.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdeffault.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
>>1075286
Just the tip.
>>
I'm on couchsurfing since last year, but never got the possibility to surf or host someone. I have some questions:

Are the hosts as open-minded as you expect them to be?
Do you bring small gifts for your hosts? Do they expect gifts?
How do you secure your valuables - or do you trust your hosts blindly?
Any good or bad experiences worth to be told?
Ever got laid?
>>
Been a host, never a surfer.

If you have disposable income and don't mind hooking randos up, definitely go for it. I stopped mainly because I felt a bit used, I get that it's free travel but we drove people around, emptied our wine rack, did tours, let them use our computers and really made them feel at home.

All we ever got was 20 bucks, a beer, and some chocolates, this is between 10 surfers. I know I know its not about turning a profit, it just felt like we were unappreciated. Also you can only have the same conversations so many times.

The breaking point was getting 2 rude ass Japanese girls who kept calling us up and demanding rides and didn't even do their dishes. We fucking broke our backs and barely got a thank you.

We posted the apartment on airBNB and asked for $150 a night. We already got 5 days booked for the upcoming tourist season :)
>>
I touched my first booby with a someone from Canada and developed a deep and amorous pen pal relationship with someone from germany and met tons of q.t's and awesome fucking people. Just don't be a lame ass and actually do stuff.
>>
>>1075331
What kind of things do hosts want to do with you?
>>
>>1075290
>Are the hosts as open-minded as you >expect them to be?
Depends on the host desu, you'd be surprised how many are
>Do you bring small gifts for your hosts?
This is polite
>Do they expect gifts?
I don't, I'm thankful for them though
>How do you secure your valuables - or >do you trust your hosts blindly?
Intuition, you learn this by travelling and life experience. Learn to trust your gut feeling. All surfers that I hosted trusted me enough to leave their stuff at my place.
>Any good or bad experiences worth to >be told?
Only good so far desu, but the bad expectations usually stem from false expectations, so it's good to be straightforward for both the host and the surfer. If I have stuff to do during hosting, I tell these things beforehand so the surfer knows if I am available to show places or hang around
>Ever got laid?
Nah, since I've only hosted and I don't want to be "that guy". If a qt surfer would show that kind of attention for me, I may let it happen
>>
>>1075290

>ever got laid

People trying to get laid is why CS sucks. I remember trying to find hosts in the UK - I'd message guys with dozens of references, only to check and realize that 95% of their guests were women. When I moved to India, I specifically said that I was happy to host any interesting person, just because I was so sick of the fucking faglords trying to get laid.
>>
>>1075364
Thank you! This really helped me out.
>>1075402
Okay good to know. I better don't make allusions to this.
>>
>>1074636
> Antarctica: 44 friends
This means 44 surfers (or maybe trolls) in Antarctica... right?
>>
>>1075333
Go on bike tours, cook food, hang out with locals. I lived in a community at the time so it wasn't like they were stuck with me I just always ended up hanging out with them because no one else offered to go biking with the q.t's or bros.
>>
I had an amazing time couch surfing in Montreal and Quebec City. My host in Montreal took us to parties and introduced us to his friends. We played poker, smoked weed, went to breweries...

Another host we contacted said she didn't have room for us but she invited us to a house party - again, lots of alcohol and drugs. In Quebec City we were hosted by a friendly older guy who drove us to some scenic and gave us a tour.

If I had room in my apartment I'd try hosting people. I love showing people around my city and playing tour guide.
>>
deadbeat shit for hippies and losers.
>>
File: miss-colombia-l.jpg (115 KB, 259x397) Image search: [Google]
miss-colombia-l.jpg
115 KB, 259x397
Hosts in top tier tourist cities (London, Rio, NYC, Bangkok, etc) receive multiple requests every day. So it can be very difficult to find a host in one of those places as you're competing with all kinds of exotic 18-25 year old qts
>>
I want to start hosting and have never couchsurfed myself. Any tips in general and on being a good host?
>>
>>1075458
that sounds awesome
>>
>>1074636
I've surfed twice, and hosted some five times-ish. Aside from a very annoying Spanish guy that wanted to stay two days and ended up staying two weeks, I've only had good experiences. The site has been around long enough and have enough security measures in place for creeps to prevail there. Just don't surf with people with no profile information and no reviews and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1075685
bump
>>
>>1076572

Don't flake on people a day before they arrive. Other than that keep the place clean and offer some basic things like tea, a small meal, advice for travelling. You're doing this stuff for free so generally the person being hosted will be grateful for anything you do.

As a general question: How do you guys "repay" the host for their kindness? I always like to share my information with them about my travels and give them advice. I'll also give them something small from my country like a unique candy bar. If that's not an option I'll just buy them a beer before I leave and put it in their fridge with a thank you note.
>>
Don't bother hosting unless you're attractive.
>>
>>1076577
Oh gee, a whole beer and a candy bar. Why don't you make your advice "people from my country are cheap cunts". Maybe if said beer is a 3 litre corked heineken or 5 litre mini keg its alright. But one paltry little domestic beer should be left next to a turd on a dinner plate and a note saying " go fuck yourself "
>>
If some stranger is staying in my guest room for a week the least he can do is get me and the wife drunk, that's what, not even 50 bucks including pizza?

Poorbois backpackers never cease to amaze me
>>
>>1076611
>>1076612
>what is doing something out of the goodness of your heart

People don't host because they expect something in return
>>
>>1076611

1/10
>>
>>1076622
Some do and that's partly why the site has turned to shit.
>>
>couchsurfing in Brazil
>our two hosts are total bros
>gf is pretty weak so one of them actually carries her bags inside from the taxi
>I volunteer to carry the bags up the stairs, sprain my ankle after a few steps
>gf is completely worn out and she is about to yell at me
>she just wanted to book a regular hotel
>relationship has been strained whole time we are traveling
>i literally can't walk up another step
>just sit on the stairs and start crying
>hosts decide they can help
>one carries the bags the rest of the way and I lay down while i heal up
>other heads back to a regular hotel with my gf like she wanted
>next morning host that helped gf comes and picks me and other host up in a jeep
>ride into town to meet my gf for breakfast
>she's is all freshened up and happy
>we eat breakfast and say goodbye to the hosts
>they don't even charge extra for the hassle, hotel room was free too
>we still keep in touch with them on Facebook

I kept thinking these guys were all about ripping us off, but they turned out to be some really friendly people that just wanted to see both of us have a good time
>>
>>1076800
/trv/ doesn't always meme but when it does, it's topkek
>>
>>1076800
>inb4 newfags
>>
>>1076800

C-cucked.

On another note, Couchsurfing is awesome. Do it.
>>
I've surfed tons but only hosted a handful of times (working on fixing the ratio. Don't worry; I feel shitty about the ratio).

It's an amazing site but I agree with anon that you get the most out of it when you aren't a cheapskate. I generally spend what I would've saved on accommodation on my host(s).

Re sex: I've slept with a bunch of my hosts but wouldn't if I were hosting. Anon is right in saying that this is why the site is fucked. As a surfer, often times I've been preselected/they already find me attractive but because I'm in a position of power, I wouldn't do it if I were the host. For that reason, I tend to accept couples because I also know how much harder it is to find a host when the host knows they can't fuck your gf (or they can Peru cuck lol).

For women, just check the references... If they only host women chances are...
>>
>>1074827
>In recent years I've had less opportunity to travel, more money and less social energy; the only reasons why I'm not still using it as my go-to travel resource
Pretty much this. When I visit a new place, I want to come back to my room and crash and be a little anti-social and have "me" time. It's nice socializing with locals, but with CS it always feels like you have to revolve your activities around your host to varying extents. I don't care enough anymore.

I've used it a dozen times or so, mostly positive experiences (a couple 'meh' neutral) but not since 2012. I've tried after that, but it was too complicated hunting down places to crash, even 4-5 days beforehand. As a single male looking for a couch, I find you're at a distinct disadvantage (even with several reviews).

I just logged into my account for the first time in 2 years and half my former contacts are gone, along with their (and my) references. I guess they've deleted their accounts... :/
>>
>>1076800
Sorry to tell you but youve got cucked hard
>>
File: 1378965564138.gif (3 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1378965564138.gif
3 MB, 480x320
>>1076800
man, the best part about this story was the guy made like a dozen subsequent posts trying to explain what happened
>>
I personally hate it. Had mostly mediocre experience. First time I wanted to use it I was ditched last-moment by some gay dude in central Paris and had to find a hostel. Last time I used it I was kicked out by a Danish girl ,living with her family in the countryside, because she didn't like me physically. I didn't do any sexual approach because I was staying at her family's place (and had 3 days there anyway). Also I don't choose hosts because I want to fuck them. In between, I hosted a Polish couple which were great people and a French couple with a silent-as-fuck and ungrateful man and his pregnant gf. I also met this negative Italian guy in Rotterdam who, when I told him the city I'm from, randomly told me how he witnessed some guy killing himself off the highest monument and drinking to forget after.

The few nice people I've met thanks to this site were all in the Netherlands, excluding that Rotterdam guy.

A word of advice: move on to TrustRoots or BeWelcome, they're way better. Also, you cannot leave negative references anymore on the site. You have to read ALL of them. EVERY. SINGLE.ONE.
>>
>>1078579
>I used it I was kicked out by a Danish girl ,living with her family in the countryside, because she didn't like me physically.
what is the story?
>>
>>1078816
This
>>1078579
Just be urself :)
>>
File: Eiffel Tower.jpg (120 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Eiffel Tower.jpg
120 KB, 800x600
I backpacked through Europe in 2011 and surfed a few couches throughout. Stayed at this gay couples place for a night, it was alright, had a weird conversation about drugs with one of them, he told me about 'poppers' and how you take them when you're having sex and just about to cum, I mentioned them in some kind of conversation to this grill I was talking to later and she was like "Yeah, gay people take them to stretch their assholes when they're cumming" Wut. They left me a reference but I have a bad habit of dropping off the face of the earth with people, they removed it when I didn't reply to it after a few weeks.

This is me and a random qt I met at Mcdonalds, not through CS
>>
I'm an average attractive, twenty three year old, confident and out going host. I live in Seoul and have my own apartment. I get bored sometimes and offer to host people for a few days.

I hosted a few guys at the beginning, but they were all either weird, messy or uncomfortable. Usually I love meeing bros at a bar/party, but these guys were all bad.

So I only host girls now. So far, so good. I've made some incredible friends and one even bought me flights and accomodation, and is offering to take me around the Philippines next month. She's 34, single and rich. Super jackpot.

I have a small apartment, and i have one big floor bed, so I make sure that the guests know this and are okay to sleep next to me.

I usually flirt if the girls flirt back, but i never make a sexual move unless I know they're feeling it. Usually we cuddle if we're cold or I offer to massage them. Next minute, we're fucking.

I always have personal days for my self or if i'm working, and let them travel alone or meet with other surfers. They have full access to my apartment and can come and go whenever. I have nothing really valuable, and i keep my passport and money locked up in a cupboard.

Usually i give them advice and help them plan their day, and meet them at night after work. We usually get dinner, coffee and then go home and watch a movie or explore the city.

>advice

>Just be a decent and self aware human
>Be confident but not pushy
>Act like someone you want to hang with
>Offer to buy them dinner (usually they'll pay
>Be honest and straightforward
>If you want sex, start as friends and let them feel comfortable around you. If it happens, it happens. If not, they don't bring it up or push the idea.

Anyways, I'm about to get a 9/10 Chinese girl show up for 3 nights.

Cheers boys!
>>
>>1078748
I was looking for a host in Denmark, as hostels are expensive (20+ euros per night in a dorm) and it was too cold to sleep outside (end of November). After being rejected (they were all busy )by hosts living in central Copenhagen this girl, living in a farm with her family 25 km away, says I am very welcome (her words) to her place. Tells me how to get there etc. At 10.30 pm her mother and her pick me up. We go home where we talk while drinking a cup of tea. She starts bitching about my environmental habits ("you are going on a plane trip for 4 days? Boo-hoo. I am a long-term traveller, spent 2 months volunteering in Palestine solo bla bla bla"), invites me to go to some political philosophy debate in Copenhagen (I study Politics and the professor came from the uni I was doing Erasmus in. Pretty weird but I'd have been okay with it in the end) and asks me some really WTF personal questions ("what is your passion in life? What do you fight for?" at 11.30 pm, after 2 hours of flying, 2 hours of trains and 1 hour of bus you ask me this?? It can happen to have a purposeless period in your life). After a cigarette I go asleep and we decide together to see what to do tomorrow.

After breakfast, she says I have to go and uses a bunch of excuses I wrote down. These excuses were: I need time to dedicate myself to writing, as soon as I saw you I changed my mind, if I fell in love with you you could have stayed, I don't care about knowing you, I am a difficult person, we have nothing in common. She walks me to the bus station, after I take a shower, gives me a map of Copenhagen and says goodbye. I have never heard from her again, luckily.

>>1078816
I am a weirdo, no problem admitting it. Creepy is utter bullshit though. Read the story above.
>>1078819
I am always myself (other people told me this, not a claim). I am aware we do not know each other so you had to point this out but I've always been myself :)
>>
>>1078940
Sounds like you creeped her out desu
>>
>>1078949
>>1078957
this desu senpai. stop being yourself, you should be able to hold a conversation about your passion in life even with a stranger. and holy shit you're a politics student but her inviting you to a debate is pretty weird? shit blog
>>
>>1078958

What if I do not know what my passion in life is? Do you find it so strange that people have no clue what they want to do with their life??? The more you venture into the world the less you know guys. I don't even wish to have all my answers ready. I still have a lot to see and do to figure that out. After a long day, arriving in a country you've never been in... Like you are seriously asking me why do I live my life? Guys, let's be serious: you wouldn't have been able to answer it either.

>>1078960

She did not make much conversation. I'd guess it is typical but whatever. About my problems... I'm much better than before travelling. At least I've learnt a bit of diplomacy and how not to argue with people.

>>1078957

May I ask you how did you figure this out? How you put it struck me actually. I have argued with a lot of people in my life, I am sometimes not very pleasant to be around but I'm doing my best (also by travelling) to figure out my life and move on.

No matter what, Couchsurfing is still a shitty site. I do not want to read 150 references to figure out if somebody is recommendable or not.
>>
>>1079003
>The more you venture into the world the less you know guys. I don't even wish to have all my answers ready.
Sorry, I've lived on five continents, spent most of my adult life traveling, and I would have no trouble having this conversation with someone. You're autistic.
>>
>>1079006

Good for you. If you found out, though, you should not assume that everyone is like you. I still need to figure out what I want to do, who I want to be and the fundamental existentialist questions in life. I am not autistic though, just a bit troubled and crazy.
>>
>>1078940
To me this sounds like some bullshit SJW leftie you come across everywhere in Scandinavia. They're the kind of people who have done shit all with their lives but think they're so amazing because they got fucked by Arabs for 2 months instead of working after school.

Scandinavian women are the most boring people I came across in my life because they have their heads so far up their assholes they can see daylight.

Don't worry about what all the other folks are writing here, it's mostly trolling, some couchsurfing hosts are just super weird and assholes themselves. This is actually something I hate about couchsurfing, you need to fit a certain mold to match with the average user of that site. If you're not a hippie it might be difficult.
>>
>>1078906
>a random qt
>qt
Ummm... both of you are pretty fugly.
>>
>>1076800
anyone have the rest of the posts?
>>
File: 1450393340999.jpg (45 KB, 604x442) Image search: [Google]
1450393340999.jpg
45 KB, 604x442
>>1078925
>So I only host girls now
Yea, you're a fucking tool
>>
>>1078940
>what is your passion in life? What do you fight for?"
Jesus Christ, sounds like you dodged a bullet. Really though, who asks questions like that? Fucking Danes.

I wouldn't want to hang around the kind of people who have a canned answer to "what's your passion in life".
>>
>>1079010
>If you're not a hippie it might be difficult
This. I've used couchsurfing several times (though more in my mid-20s, not really in some years now), and I did often find the hosts were a 'certain type' of person. I could get along with them. I'm well travelled (better than almost all my hosts), well-read, speak three languages, I am pretty funny and a good story teller (no braggo, just things I've been told over and over again IRL), and I play banjo which people find either quirky or somewhat exotic (no poontang though. There's a common joke among banjoists that bassists get their hand, guitarists one girl, drummers three, the singer five girls, but banjo players only get the fat 50-something rednecks that wish they had learned to play banjo when they were younger... which is true.)

Anyway, I always knew the right things to say to keep the peace and make it a pleasant experience, and I did bone a couple girls though it (never my goal), and all my experiences were generally positive. But beneath the surface I always felt like rolling my eyes at the 'philosophy of couchsurfing' nonsense.
>>
>>1079059
This is 90% of everyone on CS.
>>
>>1078957
>>1078960
I love 4chan armchair psychoanalysis based on 1 post that inevitably ends with "Anon is at fault" every single time. /trv/ and /tg/ staple.
>>
I would like to host but i live a little bit outside of the city.
Do you think surfers would be interested or they only look for hosts in the city center?
>>
>>1074786

> London is now an abyssal city

BIoshock 4 confirmed
>>
>>1079059
>>1079059

Fuck you manlet. I just fucked my couchsurfer guest. Go back to touching yourself you little white autistic kid.
>>
>>1075296
I just knew there was going to be a "couch surfing is done, it's all about the airbnb" but this post is the closest it came to that
>>
>>1079352
ooh, we've got a big boy here
>>
>>1079352
Rohypnol or the Ol' Cosby Method of quaaludes and booze?
>>
Couchsurfing are either guys looking to get laid with chicks or REAL TRAVELER/i play wonderwall on the shared acoustic guitar in the hostel kind of faggots.

BS site. I'd ratejr pay for a room and find someone to hang out with on tinder or okc
>>
>>1075333
Touch boobies not enough for you?
>>
>>1079352
Congrats desu man
>tfw no qt chinese fuckbuddy
>>
>>1078925
Are you Korean? If not what are you?
>>
>>1079042
I think she's pretty
>>
>>1080008
Her nose just merges into her forehead, and her face is rather squat like some kind of neanderthal.

You could also do with some more attention to your facial grooming.
>>
>>1074840
>French and German people who haven't showered in weeks
Why don't you simply write "German and French"? The absence of personal hygiene goes hand in hand with their nationality.
>>
>>1075402
>95% of their guests were women
This is not evidence of wanting to get laid.
I have a friend who favors girls.
He told me he prefers girls because dudes tend to be ugly and dirty. Even though we both agree the few girls who are dirty are seriously filthy.
I think he got laid a couple of times, but no way he hits on them. He has a nice chat. Takes them out if they want to. Does not pay for drinks. He's a gentleman and a very affable person.

Assuming they want to bed you just because they had a lot of girls around is preposterous. It means:
>you overestimate your attractiveness
>you assume something about a stranger whom you don't know
>you are so focused on getting hit on that you put aside all other possible answers.

It's like saying:
>OMG that GP is full of girls visiting on a daily basis
>This must mean he fucks them or something.
>I'm not going there

Well. Maybe he's just a good doctor. Maybe he's a gynecologist!

So if the female reviewers tell you he is just *that guy* who hits on guests, your worries are okay. But if the sheer percentage of female customers is supposed to be an index of him being dodgy... I am afraid your reasoning abilities are seriously impaired.
>>
>>1075458
>lots of alcohol and drugs.
That's exactly what I'm not looking for in a host.
>>
>>1080534
Nice try. Does your friend also read Playboy for the articles?
If you invite nothing but girls, you blatantly have an agenda. And frankly, trying to increase your chances of getting laid is far more believable than absurd excuses like "boys are dirty and have cooties", especially considering that anyone who's ever had to live with a woman or use a coed bath knows who makes the bigger mess. Whether he rapes the girls or hopes things just happen is irrelevant, the point is the intent behind the invitation is to have sex.
>>
>>1076804
This
>>
>>1077803
>I just logged into my account for the first time in 2 years and half my former contacts are gone, along with their (and my) references. I guess they've deleted their accounts... :/
Wtf is this?

If someone cancels their accounts, all their reviews are removed?

This sucks.
>>
>>1078579
Lol I'm Italian and I hate people from the Netherlands.
You're German or something and love people from the Netherlands.

I see a pattern here.

Anyway, as an Italian living abroad, I start being quite pissed off by the negative and criticizing attitude of my fellow countrymen, who always have to comment on everything and never let it go and keep doing it when under stress and fuck me it's terrible.

Right now I'm hosting this WHV dude from my Uni and o mate... I can see myself the first days in Ausfailia... but just without the enthusiasm for new things.
I know Australia has some issues and shit (as Italy does) but please keep your thoughts for yourself won't ya, dear Itaru-chan?
>>
>>1078906
>Yeah, gay people take them to stretch their assholes when they're cumming" Wut.
Welcome to Planet Earth, my dear Teddy-bear faced anon.

The intel you report is something I got acquainted to at high school (not because using it but because talking about it).

People do really live in soap bubbles nowadays.

Or maybe it is just me being 30.
>>
>>1078940
>I was looking for a host in Denmark, as hostels are expensive (20+ euros per night in a dorm)
Man... you're hoplessly dumb.
>>
When I read this:
>>1079003
It reminds me of a (fortunately) short period of my life in which I was behaving like you. Basically I felt threatened by all sort of questions and was takint everything personally.

So there was no way you wouldn't upset me. Because I felt so lonely and threatened I did not want to open myself up and was all thinking: "why do these people want to talk to me?"

>May I ask you how did you figure this out?
I'm not the same guy, but I think these people >>1078957 >>1078958 >>1078960 are a bit quick to judge but are not haters or trolls.

Basically, I has the very same feeling. I don't know what it is that makes me feel it. Is it just the way you write? The mood? The content? Fuck me I'm not even native but I can feel it.

The other thing that interests me is the fact as soon as they described you negatively, you bought it. As if they were confirming your suspicions.

My best suggestion is to stop hating yourself for thinking the thoughts you think. So you will stop feeling the need to keep up with others in the way they do.

I think you reason like this:
>people are so committed to naive ideologies
>I am aware of that and know I shouldn't speak of something without having a good theory and data
>but I feel insecure and do not have such extensive knowledge or commitment
>so I keep my mouth shut and feel entitled to the privilege of not being asked what I think of something
So you demand a lot from yourself. You obviously don't meet your own expectations. So you feel ashamed of yourself. And everybody who randomly touches some of these delicate spots unwillingly makes you ache because you suddenly feel the pressure to meet standards you are unable to meet. And so you shrink back in your cocoon.
>>
>>1079006
>You're autistic.
Not autism.

It's generalized anxiety disorder.

Anons on 4chan use "autist" as a meme... but most of the time they describe somebody suffering from GAD.
>>
>>1079010
I agree with some aspects of this post.

I agree she was a sick hippy girl.
No doubt on that.
But still you don't have to leave in dismay if she kicks you out.

So this post describes the objective situation. Who she was etc.
But I think the storytelling anon's issue is not with hippies per se but with his own feelings of vulnerability.

One thing is leaving and commenting: "WTF hippies are unreliable ROTFL".
Another thing is to keep pondering this for the next couple of days and feeling threatened by their questioning and shit.

Everyone is entitled to his own silence. But I suspect anon is more pissed of by his inability to speak up and tell her off than by his inability to answer specific questions.
>>
>>1079010
>This is actually something I hate about couchsurfing, you need to fit a certain mold to match with the average user of that site. If you're not a hippie it might be difficult.
True regardless of anon's personal story.

Hippie culture can be extremely conservative and they tend to keep clear from people who are not like-minded.

Hippies advertise themselves as open minded people but they are conformist and gretarious (in the negative sense) so are easily pissed off if you do not "fit the type".

This is true not just in couch surfing but life in general. When you are around hippies you can even have a honest conversation but some of them happen to be very judgmental even if they do not vent it out in front of you.

You may even believe you made a friend, just to discover they don't give a shit about you.

They are a very exclusive club. Sometimes you are excluded just because of your dress code or because you don't do weed.

They cannot even imagine I manage to keep my carbon emissions down even if I do not buy clothes from hippie stores. It's just beyond them the idea I can perform better than they do at eco-awareness
>>
>>1079061
>Fucking Danes.
Do they even exist?
>>
>>1079064
>There's a common joke among banjoists that bassists get their hand, guitarists one girl, drummers three, the singer five girls, but banjo players only get the fat 50-something rednecks that wish they had learned to play banjo when they were younger... which is true
This made me genuinely kek in my empty house.
>>
>>1079064
>philosophy of couchsurfing' nonsense.
Couchsurfing is like many other activities.

There is always a solid group of purists that think there is ONLY ONE WAY to do it properly.

Ideological as fuck.
>>
>>1079071
I agree with you.

But this >>1080557
This >>1080550
And this>>1080551

Look pretty dope to me.
>>
>>1080536
>Does your friend also read Playboy for the articles?
No. He is into car sharing and other stuff.
He scored once.
All his housemates are girls but he is the main tenant in the contract so he can decide how to use the extra rooms and girls are okay with that.

But he is the one advertising. Not the other housemates (he is allowed to sublet so wtf?).

Nice try but he doesn't have an agenda.
Maybe if he invited dudes the regular sub-tenants (who are girls) would be upset.

Anyway it is undeniable girls have "couch privilege". We should meme this on /pol/.
>>
>>1080566
Moreover, if I may add... I feel safer when it is me the bulkiest human being in the room.

Inviting male strangers can be threatening for a beta like me.
>>
>>1080540
Seems so. Those people are no longer on CS at all, and a couple are IRL friends. I asked and they confirmed they deleted their accounts some months ago...
>>
>>1078925
>inb4 I'm from Austin, Texas
>>
>>1078575
Got a copy ? screencap?
>>
Anyone else kind of disgusted with couch surfing? I know people who swear by it and I have had good experiences too. But it just seems that 90% of the people on their are chumps looking for sex. Like the gay guy that was getting touchy the last night I was at his place. I rather just pay for a hostel, where I can do what I want and meet lot's of qt's.
>>
File: cooties.jpg (124 KB, 976x474) Image search: [Google]
cooties.jpg
124 KB, 976x474
>>1080536
>boys are dirty and have cooties

Only girls have cooties. It's cootiES (estrogen) not cootiAN (androgen).
>>
>>1080543
>The intel you report is something I got acquainted to at high school

Are you based in the UK? The chick who told me about it was from the UK. I'm Aussie, I hadn't heard about it at all growing up. Different worlds mang.
>>
File: beard.jpg (83 KB, 733x960) Image search: [Google]
beard.jpg
83 KB, 733x960
>>1080050
I was a few weeks into growing a beard while traveling. My beard doesn't connect around my mouth as you can see in the pic, it fucking sucks. I've gone off even growing one now. This is what it looked like at about 6 months.
>>
>>1080797
dude that looks fine...
>>
>>1080797
Allah Akbar, my brother. Death to the infidels, inshallah!!
>>
>>1080926
>tfw heaps of people picked on me just like that when I had the beard ;_;

How do some people grow glorious beards and they DON'T look like terrorists? Is it just upkeep? Styled haircut, looking trim, etc?
>>
>>1080534
>This is not evidence of wanting to get laid.
lol yes it is. EVERY faggot on CS who only hosts an excuse has a bullshit excuse like the one you listed

>umm i hosted this guy one time and he was rude and spilled something on the carpet so now i only host girls...
fuck off and just admit you're a thirsty faggot. nothing wrong with wanting to get laid, but there are dedicated websites/apps for that and it really isn't what CS was supposed to be about. ruins the website for both guys and girls when 95% of hosts are like this

also, LOL at guys being "dirty". anyone who has sisters or who has ever lived with a girl knows that they're fucking disgusting
>>
>>1080942
only hosts girls*
>>
I've hosted roughly 50 people and stopped 2 years ago since every request since then has been titled "need a place to crash" which isn't the CS spirit. Of course , that's what it comes down to, but when you say you're going to do your own thing, just get a hostel.
>>
>>1080957
>which isn't the CS spirit.
WTF is the CS spirit?
So far most anons have argued that CS has been hijacked by some hosts who assume there is a philosophy other than just accommodation.

So this means you are one of those assholes that expects stuff just because there is a "philosophy" and those who do not share your view are just ruining your experience.

WTF is CS spirit? Do they have to hang out with you or something? Do you expect gifts or shit?
>>
>>1080939
it's very easy to style your beard. Look it up on youtube.

I just use a hair-trimmer with a set length of 1-2 centimeters all over the beard, and use a razor to shape around the cheeks.
>>
>>1081023
CS was never just about using peoples couches as a hotel. If you're going to meet up with people on CS you need to at least try to interact a bit with them. Either hang out with them for a day or cook dinner with/for them. If you just want a bed you should look at hostels instead.
>>
>>1081023

I'm guessing your couch requests always get ignored or denied.

I usually host my surfers for at least 2-3 days. I choose them based on their interests, of course. If their interest is to go to my city to get fucked up every night, they are denied. If they would like to explore around the city and to get a feel of what local life is about and what locals do for fun, they are considered. I ask for at least 1 day together. Then on the 2nd day we'll have breakfast or lunch and I'll drop them off wherever they'd like to go and let them do their own thing. If they are there a 3rd day I will let them do their own thing.

The thing about the CS spirit is that on the first day we will be hanging out all day and talking about anything. Their experiences, differences from our cultures, interests, local life, anything of that sort. I get to know them most during this time. If they would like to hang out the 2nd day, I will know more of what else they'd like to see because of what we talked about on the first day.

This is what I've done with about 40 guests and it suits me perfectly. I've never had a bad experience and I've kept in touch with most of them. I've also met up with 6 of them this past summer in their home country. Great time.
>>
>>1081043
Yeah, I trimmed my beard now and again too, but it really showed how thin it was on my cheeks and you could see how the moustache doesn't join around my mouth, a fuller beard kind of hid that.
>>
>sign up for couchsurfing, set profile to accept guests
>no applications
>my female roommate does the same
>20 applications

fucking couchsurfing...
>>
>>1080754
I still regularly meet cool as people from CS. Including cool ass bros. I've gotten laid a bunch of times from CS but it's all happened organically (I was the guy who would never make a pass at a chick when hosting though).

I've ended up in situations that I never would have been in had I stayed in a hostel:
- biked an hour to a rave in Netherlands
- threesome with my host and her bf
- met some cool-ass dude who took us to a cenote that we would never have found in Mexico
- ended up in bars in the middle of nowhere that only a local would know
- learned a shit ton about the country I'm actually in vs learning about other countries from staying in a hostel
- been to some view points that I would never have gotten to without a car in Norway

The site has changed for sure but it's not so bad that I don't get anything enriching from it. Admittedly, I surf a lot less now because it can be exhausting sometimes. But I also care more now to find a host that I'd really click with.
>>
>>1081068
Okay, then it's not for me because I want to sleep, not fucking be friends. I'm looking for a service, not an experience.

I have already my friends (on and off line) I can couchsurf with.

If that's the philosophy, I do not need to get on a massive website full of strangers: I do already couchsurf with people I know. I do not see why I would want to do this with a stranger.
>>
>>1081074
>I'm guessing your couch requests always get ignored or denied.
I'm not on couchsurfing. Stop assuming.

>>1081074
>The thing about the CS spirit is that on the first day we will be hanging out all day and talking about anything. Their experiences, differences from our cultures, interests, local life, anything of that sort. I get to know them most during this time. If they would like to hang out the 2nd day, I will know more of what else they'd like to see because of what we talked about on the first day.
It must be boring as hell after the first month. I can only imagine it here in Australia: all foreign-fags talking me of WHV visas, visa here, immigration there, sponsorship, jobs.

No
Fucking
Way
>>
>>1082679
Look, I have nothing against your opinion. That said, I think it's pretty stupid to expect some asshole to just show up at your front door, take up space in your house and then leave without interacting much. This is a free service after all, the hosts do not or at least should not expect any compensation for this. But they are letting in complete strangers into their houses. I think the least the person could do would be to keep them company and hang out for an evening (of course if the host wants that).
>>
>>1074975

Not for you tho
>>
>>1078575

lol
>>
>>1079352
Where you from anon? How do you even set these things up
>teach me
>>
>>1082705
>This is a free service after all
Sure.
Tell me another tale.

Half of the people here who declared they are hosts also said they expected somebody who comes over to pay to get them drunk or to bring gifts and stuff.
>>
Whats the chance a host smokes weed or knows where to get some?
>>
>>1082679

T. Autist
>>
>>1079003

Thanks Anon, I enjoyed your original story and the way you got defensive after people called you out on your autism. I have to admit, you seem like a creepy dude and exactly the type I would not want to host. I hope one day you learn through trial and error how to have harmless small talk. Best of luck to you
>>
When I was living in Amsterdam my house mates were all guys so they signed up and only accepted girls.
One new years eve we had 3 French girls and 4 Chilean girls sleeping on our living room floor.
One do the French girls looked like Megan Fox, I kid you not.
Nobody got lucky that night though because most everyone was beta af
>>
>>1083364

The fuck? You don't have to buy anything for your host or to give them money. A lot of people use Couchsurfing to save some money, besides the social aspect of interacting with your host. That being said, there are plenty of ways to show appreciation for your host if you're travelling on a budget. I always like to bring something from my country (local beer, famous sweets, etc.), show them a skill I know or share travel advice, clean their dishes or help with other chores, and leave a nice thank you note. I think it shows a lot more appreciation than just being fortunate enough to have rich parents or live in a rich Western country where you can easily save up for a big trip working a minimum wage job for a few months.

The reason Couchsurfing actually started was because the owner was travelling on a budget and wanted a place for free to crash. You're a retard and you're ruining the community if you think you have to spend anything on your host.
>>
>>1083365
I'd say above average. A lot (but not all!) CS hosts are usually a 'certain type', the type who either have a stash or know someone who would. Then again, stoners are pretty lazy about answering CS stuff till the last minute, and the couch will be well used... tread carefully.
>>
>>1083437
He was being sarcastic, you spaz. We all know what the spirit of CS is. Doesn't mean that's the reality, especially these days.

>>1083432
>News flash!! Dudes will do anything to get closer to pussy!
This is why we can't have nice things, to be quite honest.
>>
>>1080566
>Anyway it is undeniable girls have "couch privilege". We should meme this
it's a well known phenomenon already, under the catch-all phrase 'living life on easy mode.'
>>
>>1083627
>it's a well known phenomenon already, under the catch-all phrase 'living life on easy mode.'
Now that you mention it, I acknowledge it is already a thing. Didn't know the English phrase though.
>>
>>1074636
I'm only 18, and I have noticed the majority of hosts are around 25. Do you think if I was couchsurfing in Paris, Berlin, and Amsterdam anyone would have a problem with that?

I'm socially skilled and I am fairly mature for my age.
>>
I've been planning on using this site this summer, after I finish high school. Wanting to travel 300 km on a bike up north where a bike park is going to be opened for the season.
>>
>>1083692
>socially skilled
what matters more is how orally skilled you are.
>>
>>1074636
I used to host and got hosted a bit in late 2013. Mostly good experiences with the exception 2 german dudebros who crashed at my place and came back late at night slightly drunk etc.

>>1082243
You need to start out by taking in people who urgently need a place because they were ditched or something. After you start racking up 3 or 5 recommendations you start getting sought after.

>>1083692
Not really, provided you follow your hosts rules. That means if you're looking for parting or something, then make sure your host is ok with that beforehand.
>>
>>1082243
So it's just like every other hookup site?
>>
Think it would work to stay with people without hosting yet? I want to start this summer when I'm out, but I haven't used that site yet.
Genuinely interested to see how people live -- not just crash.
>>
Used to cs but my hairstarted thinning so i shaved it off. Being that i am latino and a bodybuilder ididnt realize that i now look like a thug even though i dont dress that way in the slightest.

Now i dont get accepted and hosts dont even reply to me much .

Thanks movies.
>>
>tfw want to cs
>tfw i know i snore loudly
>also i fart sometimes

Someone pls
>>
>>1084033
>2 german dudebros who crashed at my place and came back late at night slightly drunk etc.
Doesn't sound bad?
>>
>>1084090
Yeah you'll be fine. But hosts like good references, of course.
>>
>>1084175
Do you know what a dudebro is? Now imagine a spoiled entitled douche who only the wears Hilfiger underwear his dad bought him, drives the BMW his dad bought him, wears his Chicago Bulls hat backwards at all times (he doesn't even know where Chicago is, and isn't sure what sport the Bulls are even from). Now he's drunk, it's 2 am, and he's in your kitchen.
>>
>>1079064
putting guitarist under drummer in the pussy category
>shiggydiggy
>>
>tfw accepted my first couchsurfer today

Wish me luck /trv/
>>
>>1085328
Good luck anon. Make sure they have a good time.
>>
>>1074636
Used this plenty.

Only times when I've had a bad time is when I come across that hyper social extroverted european guy who doesn't shut the fuck up. Usually has terribly broken english with a heavy accent. Usually cockblocks everyone in his attempt to flirt and fuck every girl, mainly by wearing down any girl's desire to talk/hang out with anyone by yammering on and on for hours.
>>
File: 1453894850314.png (1 MB, 1822x1561) Image search: [Google]
1453894850314.png
1 MB, 1822x1561
This happened to me about a month ago.

>create a public trip on CS about a trip I was planning for a few weeks away
>no bites for a few days
>get a msg from this bloke, he hasn't filled in his profile yet though
>he offers his spare single bed
>ok, tell him I'm keen
>exchange numbers
>he deletes his profile after
>send him a text if it's still cool that I stay
>he makes a new profile and fills it in
>never mentioned previously that he's bisexual, likes 'adult movies (X rated)", (who the fuck puts that in their profile?)
>in the additional info section he puts
>This is a HOTEL STUDIO ROOM. It does NOT have any Kitchen facilities. There is a Microwave Oven and Kettle in the room. A pub/restaurant in the Hotel and many other eating/drinking places near by. There is an onsite Laundry.
>I do NOT smoke. If you do, it must be on the balcony only with the door closed. There is NO SMOKING in the room or anywhere in the building.
The Single Bed is FREE. The CATCH is that I do snore a bit, so you will need Ear Plugs. LOL.

Cont
>>
>>1086411
>message him that I've found another place to stay and thanks anyway
>he replies that there's something suspect with me and he's reported me to CS and the Police
>The fags just trying to get a rise out of me.
>a few hours later I randomly got sent a dick pic and was asked to meet up for sex
>ring the number and go off at the cunt
>the guy who answers is shocked and blubberes that someone posted this number in the m4m section on Locanto.com.au
>it's like an Aussie equivalent of craigslist.
>that gay Indian did it and canceled service for his number
>>
>>1086413
>track down the post on locanto
>mfw it was made with a picture of my face, my name and contact number and my area where I live
>contact locanto and get the post deleted
>change my number

I was gonna go the police and file a report but I haven't been bothered since, I've kept an eye on locanto and there haven't been any more posts with my details made so fuck it.
>>
>>1086414
What the fffuuuccckkk.

I'll never understand couch surfing. I'll stick to airbnb.
>>
>>1086416
You just gotta be careful m80. I should've just ignored his message considering his profile wasn't filled in or didn't have any friends or recommendations, but the date to me flying out there was getting closer and closer and I was getting a little worried. I ended up staying in a hotel so it was all good.
>>
>>1086414
fuck...
>>
Sydney fag here. I'm shocked at how hard it is to host anyone who isn't a guy. Have had numerous girls request to stay with me and then drop all contact after i accept 10 mins later (must have been spamming requests). I did host one girl who agreed to all these plans to go to concerts, trips etc and then when she arrived she suddenly had 4 other 40-50 year old male friends of a friend from facebook pounce on her and spend every moment with her. Ended up talking to her for 1-2 hours over 6 days. Would go out until 1 am every night with these guys who would take her to fancy restaurants and drive her around in their 4wd etc. My apartment is very expensive but she never once said it was nice, and actually complained that having carpet instead of floorboards is unhealthy cause these old dudes were in the best suburb of syd etc. This girl mentioned she gets about 100 people offering to host her....it's messed up...guys should not be fighting to provide free shit to average girls.
>>
>>1086444
>This girl mentioned she gets about 100 people offering to host her

That sounds about fucking right, I was talking to my sister about online dating the other day and said when she makes a profile with pof or something she's inundated messages from guys, my other sister said the exact same thing. My sisters aren't hot either, shits fucked.
>>
>>1086449
>Thirsty dudes will do anything for pussy
21st century edition.
>>
>>1075296
>2 rude ass Japanese girls
Wow what a way to throw out the stereotype out the window. The important question is were they cute?
>>
Is it common for female guest to to walk around in underwear or near naked ? Countries like germany are big nudists so it should happen...

Also is it accepted that a host can walk around in their underwear ?
>>
I find it hard to be attracted to girls I host cause they r so damm casual..a common scenario
me: welcome to my home
guest: thanks, i really need the toilet ive been out all day
me:*sits down to watch tv
guest: *splat...pff...splat splat splat
>>
>>1086652
how to get in trouble while couchsurfing:
1. take off all your clothes without asking
2. expect your guests to take off all their clothes
3. talk about taking off clothes

go to craigslist if you want to do stuff like that
>>
>>1086655
They poo with the door open? Is where you sit down to watch tv right next to the bathroom door?
>>
>>1086444
>>1086449
it's called living life on easy mode for a reason guys.
>>
>>1086661
Bathrooms r not soundproof if someone doesnt make an effort to be discreet lay down paper etc plus u often need to clean up a bit which makes it worse
>>
>>1086411
Indianbrah?
>>
>>1086660
I did ask some upcoming guests if me being in underwear is fine and they said it was...i dont wanna change the way i live too much when hosting for free.

I have seen guys profile say they r nudists and still get a fair amount of guests...thinking of trying that.

I dont really wanna go full sexual, but i think nothing wrong with getting a little tingle going on from being around consenting pretty girls as i am giving free accomodation.

Anyone who thinks couchsurfing should be completely sexually sterile will never comprehend it.. girls will choose guys on looks and even the nice old guys who r in it for the community still get a little buzz going from pretty girls sleeping nearby etc.
>>
>>1080559
My mother was a hippy.
Almost everyone she associates with is/was a hippy.
Most of them are horrible human beings and a lot of them weird me the fuck out.
Thank god that woman didn't get to raise me.
>>
>>1086704
Yeah bud.
>>
>>1086714
I saw one dude who on there who was a nudist, he had several pictures of him at different places with his back turned to the camera stark naked, he still had a heap of recommendations and friends.
>>
>>1086762
Yeah interesting...and I saw one nudist host who was giving references to a bunch quality girls saying he is glad they were so open to get naked and try his lifestyle etc. I think there is a real possibility you can make a few chicks nude if they wanna experience new culture while travelling etc...It could backfire though and u end up with skid marks/ period blood on ur furniture and bedsheets etc when u get a dirty hippy.

I am hosting 2 girls this weekend...a bit worried as I saw they were into dumpster diving and had been travelling for ages...seems like a red flag they might be filthy unshowered hippies....
>>
>>1086787
This guy is a nudist and very popular...I wonder if the majority of the female references went nude...a lot of mentions of comfort zones and trying new things etc....

https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/berlinmode/references
>>
>>1075288
Hehe
>>
>>1086789
>https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/berlinmode/references
>if you're going to a festival don't even bother asking, you wouldn't be a good fit

wow...
>>
>>1084103
I feel you mate
Im 6'4 sollid build
My hair started to thin and I got bald spots,I don't want to look like I am hiding the baldness (ie a combover) so I shaved my head.
Add a crooked broken nose from my rugby days, some scars on my head and face , and add some tattoos to the mix and I look like a villian from a caper movie
>>
>>1086652
>Countries like germany are big nudists so it should happen
Never in my life in Germany have I entered a home and the hosts just stripped off their clothes (except if it was gf and she was home alone). People are less hung up about nudity, doesn't mean they want to eat shrooms and have an orgy with the crusty dude on their couch.

>>1086805
I guess he means if you're going to go to a music festival in or around Berlin and just use his couch to crash between 20-hour benders, forget it. Seems reasonable.
>>
>>1087001
Of course they r not going to just get naked...but something like walking from the bedroom to the bathroom in underwear or walking out of the shower in a towel with a nip slip or something seem like possibilities
>>
>>1087060
There are better and probably more realistic fantasies for your teenage mind to focus on. What are you, Indian or Arab or something? You sound creepy as one.
>>
>>1080536
Playboy doesn't have nude photos anymore
You HAVE to read it for the articles
>>
I know there is a moral discussion we can have on the right or wrong of sleeping with a guest: however, I see nothing wrong with it (IF) there is no pressure or force. One thing I am concerned about, is how do you initiate something? As a male host, when I host girls (and I host dudes too, just not interested in being with them), I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable but I do want to put that option on the table. How have you gone about or heard others go about doing this? There are dudes on CS who are "nudists," but I don't think that's the right way to go about doing this...
>>
>>1087149
Im going to say it has to involve alcohol and meeting eyes over a bottle of wine etc..

On another note, couchsurfing even gives u the option of saying u can share a spot in ur bed...has anyone tried this and gotten girls in their bed ? I think a lot of the girls would probably not even read the section on ur type of bed available though...
>>
>>1080543
The term "poppers" isn't used that much here in the United States. You guys have speed paste and MDMA pills, we have Adderall and meth.
>>
>>1080543
Lol yeah sure you werent getting ur butthole stretched out in high school
>>
>>1087149
have you considered putting your dick in a box, rapefugee?
>>
>tfw your first surfer is coming in two days

Fuck, I have to clean...
>>
So I don't have any references and I looked up what meetings are happening in my city and it's only going out for drinks kind of meetings which I can't do atm. Does anyone who doesn't have contacts want to get in touch and exchange references?

I think if I had a few references it would be a lot easier to get hosted by people.
>>
>>1089352
Have a few of your IRL friends give you a reference?
>>
>>1089454
Yeah someone on 4chan with irl friends. Topkek
>>
>>1089457
/trv/ isn't /r9k/
>>
>>1089454
My friends don't do couchsurfing. They think I'm too RealTravelerâ„¢ for staying in hostels and not just going to resorts.
>>
Hosted two parties so far, all last week, and another girl arrived last night. It's been pretty cool. It's actually nice to have a constant influx of people in your life, that you know will only stay a few days.
>>
>>1074636
It's OK if you don't mind your host masturbating over you in the middle of the night
>>
>>1074636
help /trv/ a guy applied to stay with me and his first message says he's a nudist. what do?
>>
So if i host a female (without pressuring it though..i ll make it available for both males and females) what are my chances of getting laid?
asking the important questions
>>
>>1092272
Literally off yourself.
>>
>tfw you just really, really, really want to fuck your couchsurfer
>>
>>1092289
Do you think he'd be into that?
>>
>>1092294
>hosting guys
>>
>>1086414

Christ dude, I hope you'll get that dirty fucker in jail.
>>
>>1092346
>>1092294
>>1092289
>>1092284
>>1092272
Guys guys come on couchsurfing is about meeting new interesting people and locals to really experience your travel destination amirite
>>
>>1074636
I created a profile years ago because I thought it seemed like a cool concept.

But I never used it because:
A: I pay rent on a house I don't own and the owner would freak the fuck out if he knew I was hosting

B: I have no history with the site and I'm guessing nobody wants to host a 34 year old guy with no past experience with CS
>>
>>1092462
You're wrong.
>>
>>1086816
I feel worse for the whiteguys that have light complextions, go bald, then grow terrible facial hair like a goatee or so.ething.
If you go bald, get fit.
>>
>>1086816
You're tall, nobody gives a shit.

You could look like Frankenstein and college girls would line up and shove to deep throat you.
>>
Has anyone ever been raped while couch surfing?
>>
>>1085328
Did you rape your guest?
>>
File: shooting.jpg (28 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
shooting.jpg
28 KB, 316x202
>Hosted a couple of girls from the USA last year
>I am Indian
>Wanted to be a funny and clever host for them
>Thought I could make light of the reputation of Indians as working in call centres
>Bought a bunch of telephones from the supermarket
>Dotted them around my house
>Placed a bunch of posters on the walls of the room I was letting them have saying things like 'anontech support'
>they get to my home after I pick them up at the airport
>they come in
>I smile and say 'we-e-elcome to the call centre ladies!'
>they seem confused
>they don't seem to laugh
>feel very nervous as we walk to their room
>we pass by at least 5 phones dotted in random places
>they go into the room
>posters of me everywhere
>don't think they have realised it is a joke
>they are looking at each other
>decide the only way to avoid looking like an unfunny creep is to push it to the end
>spend the entire night using my phone to call all the phones I purchased so they ring for the entire night
>ocasionally pretend to answer one
>in the morning the girls leave quietly without saying goodbye
>realise I didn't even get a chance to speak to them

Never fucking again
>>
>>1092524
i am fucking howling anon. you outdid yourself
>>
File: 1453555842223.jpg (6 KB, 198x131) Image search: [Google]
1453555842223.jpg
6 KB, 198x131
>>1092524
damn
>>
I don't have a CS story. But I have a crazy fucking CL Rideshare story.
>Be 17. Homeless af crusty kid riding freight trains across the country since I turned 16.
>Grandma just got diagnosed with stage 3 cancer.
>Fuck I gotta get back to the west coast asap.
>Am in Jacksonville Florida and there was recently a flood in the southermost US so all IM freight traffic is halted.
>Post a rideshare explaining my story.
>Some dude answers, tells me to get to Lake City because hes leaving in 3 days all the way to Cali.
>Fuck yeah its only 60 miles I can make that in 3 days.
>End up walking the 60 miles with my dog not getting a single fucking ride the whole time while hitching.
>Finally end up at Lake City at a truckstop after 3 grueling days of walking.
>Call guy day of, he says he's going to leave in 2 more days some shit came up.
>Whatever Ill chill here and get drunk behind the truckstop.
>2 days later day of ride some random ass guy comes up to me and pulls outa wad of cash and asks if I say an old man come out because he dropped all this money.
>Nah bruh, but ill take it off your hands for you.
>Okay, come inside and ill give it to you. The cops hate panhandlers.
>Say nbd imma take a piss.
>He follows me into the bathroom, I finish pissing and hes in the urinal right next to me.
>Hey bud, can you pretend your pissin' it helps me I fell through a roof a few years ago when I was a contractor.
>Oh... I mean with your pants down.
>The fuck? Look over guy is beating it hard. I dip the fuck out and get my dog and go tell a cop.
>Guy has a truck and a Georgia Bulldogs sticker.
>Cop laughs at me for telling him that creep just propositioned me for sex.
>Call the guy that was supposed to pick me up.
>No answer.
>Call again an hour later.
>THIS NUMBER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED.

tl;dr I walked 60 miles so some guy could jack off to me.

In retrospect I wish I wouldn't of freaked out. As long as he didnt touch me I guess.
>>
>>1092537
Were you a cute 17 year old? I would have probably paid a fat wad to blow a fat wad to you.
>>
>>1092544
I was dirty. Smelly. And had more patches on my clothes than I did clothes.
>>
>>1092524
Doesn't matter if it's true or not, this is brilliant
>>
>>1092524
>wanted it to be a joke
>spend the entire night using my phone to call all the phones I purchased so they ring for the entire night

I don't get it, why would you completely disrupt their time at your place by ringing the phones the entire night? How could that be funny?
>>
I know fantasies are fun and all but when I'm traveling I really don't want to fuck someone or flirt with them.
>>
>>1092603
Why not? People were born to fuck and reproduce, why are you disregarding your reason for living?
>>
>>1092630

>reproduce
Causal sex is the exact opposite of that. It's just for "fun" which is pointless and trivial anyway. If it was actually for reproduction like you said we'd be getting married and raising a family together.

Do these retarded hippies understand what they're saying before they say it? kek
>>
>>1092633
It's considered pointless if you're a fedora wearing neckbeard who couldn't get laid to say his life anyway, but to normal people it feels good fucking
>>
>>1092634

>says the one adhering exactly to the values the fedoras uphold

Not everyone is a degenerate faggot like you
Eating feels good must we eat everything and do it in excess too?

Your logic is inane and suspect as the things you consider normal, kill yourself waste of sperm.
>>
>>1092638
kek
I was just rustling your jimmies m80
>>
>>1092643
I forgot I was on 4chan
>>
>>1092644
Why don't you like flirting or having sex while traveling though? Do you like it normally?
>>
>>1092646
>Why don't you like flirting or having sex while traveling though?

I don't see the point in having sex with someone I won't see again or be with for a long time.

>Do you like it normally?
no
>>
>>1092265
He's cruising for homosex, duh. I'm surprised homos still do this, what with the internet and all.

>>1092647
>the point in having sex with someone I won't see again or be with for a long time
That's one of the best kinds of sex. I won't say 'the best', but it's up there.
>>
>>1092784

I don't think it is. I'm not attracted to the idea and it's not even for moral reasons. Stop trying to convince me into your trifling lifestyle, thanks.
>>
>>1075458
Q: are you a grrl

I just feel like women will have overall better experiences (albeit with very divergent outliers) whereas men just have meh experiences.
>>
>>1092812
I'm none of the anons you've replied to earlier. And I'm not trying to convince you to have sex. One less loser out of the cakewalk is fine by me.
>>
>>1092828

I know you're not. I just find you people annoying as shit.
Makes me pray more for bombings around Europe and America, 2bh
>>
>>1092867
>people who like sex
>99% of humanity
>annoying as shit.

You're the one who's defective, retard. Don't wait for murderers, just off yourself and make the world a better place.
>>
>>1092867
>more bombings around Europe and America
confirmed indian or arabian cuckhold who cant get any pussy unless he rapes his cousin. Good luck bro
>>
>>1092593
>Indian humor
>>
What's the CS environment in Japan like? I'm probably gonna be moving there for JET and I might be interested in hosting while I'm there.

Am I in for a bunch of disgusting weebs?
>>
>>1093362
>Am I in for a bunch of disgusting weebs?
I don't think the CS community is like tha anywhere, if people are shy and try to avoid human contact they wouldn't really be hosting or surfing now would they?
>>
File: trv cuck peru.png (1018 KB, 3572x2432) Image search: [Google]
trv cuck peru.png
1018 KB, 3572x2432
>>1080745
>>1078575
>>1079044
Delivering

Still my favourite moment on /trv/
>>
>>1094863
I remember that thread.

Pure
Fucking
Gold
>>
I'm planning on couchsurfing in the Balkahns a bit cause I want to extend the length of my trip as soon as possible. I can't stand hippies, are most people who host hippies?
>>
File: danny-devito-stripper-1.jpg (461 KB, 2000x1312) Image search: [Google]
danny-devito-stripper-1.jpg
461 KB, 2000x1312
Try being an attractive American blonde girl and do this shit. Everyone tries to fuck me, and unlike some people I have no interest in shopping for cock around the world.

Couchsurfing is tiresome especially in countries like Italy, Greece, Argentina, the Balkans where men just don't fucking give up in their advances.

AirBnB is a little better since you agree to pay beforehand.
>>
File: 1446499502753.jpg (36 KB, 598x455) Image search: [Google]
1446499502753.jpg
36 KB, 598x455
>>1096543
>Try being an attractive American blonde girl and do this shit. Everyone tries to fuck me, and unlike some people I have no interest in shopping for cock around the world.

Yeah your life must really suck, femanon. All those men, throwing themselves at you, simply due to your sheer attractiveness? The NERVE of some people!
>>
>>1096551
The problem aren't the men that want to have sex with me, but the ones where men culturally just never take no as an answer. Men have "stolen" kisses, tried to fondle me, "surprised" me to a romantic candlelight dinner or just straight up opened up for me naked with a hardon.

When you make it clear that you're not on an international booty call and they don't understand no, it is annoying.
>>
>>1096560
>"surprised"
>" "
Does that mean you saw it coming?

There is a price for everything lass, all girls who stay with me should expect to see a hard cock in their face when they wake up. Most have done as expected and got on their knees and swallowed my cock, then cum obediently.
>>
>>1096551
>CAPTAIN, BETA CRUISER DETECTED 0.012 LIGHTYEARS OFF THE STARBOARD BOW, CLOSING IN FAST
>RED ALERT, SHIELDS UP

No need to be a whiney bitch, just go to your town's local steambath. You too can have all the men you want throwing themselves (or their bodily fluids anyway) at you.

>>1096573
>There is a price for everything lass
This isn't your brony fan fic blog. Fuck off.
>>
>>1096696
good lord
you expect ppl to believe there's an attractive american blonde girl posting here?
>>
I used to be social enough to do shit like this, but three months in a cabin alone growing pot has made me turn into a social retard. I get anxiety even thinking about talking to strangers.
>>
Do you think it will be possible to get hosted if I don't have any references? I can't really host anyone and there are no other active people in my small town to get references from. I've been a member for a good few years now, hosted people but they seem to be no longer on the site and I lost their references. I can no longer host so it looks like I don't have any references at all. :(
>>
>>1096831
>Do you think it will be possible to get hosted if I don't have any references?
Yes, just write a nice request. And by nice I don't mean a hundred paragraphs, too long and I can't be bothered reading...
>>
>>1096717
It's possible, this isn't /b/, /trv/ is one of the most normalfag boards on 4chan... because the entire experience requires some money, getting out of the house and some social skills.

(I do still think it's a subtle troll, though)
Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.