[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys fund your travel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
How do you guys fund your travel?
>>
That one way.
>>
Working at a shitty department store while going to uni and living in a makeshift bedroom in some old chinese guys condo.
>>
>>1074243
Travel agents hate this anon
>>
>>1074242
Save £300
Quit job
Hitchhike and vagabond for 2 months
Return find new job
Save £300
>>
>>1074504
This actually
>>
>>1074504
£300 gets you 2 months? What the hell? I thought I'd need to save at least a grand for 3 months.
>>
>have CDL
>live out of the truck 9 months a year OTR.
>travel 3 months internationally
>low expenses + decent pay = travel
>merchant marine is another good option, but harder to get into.
>>
im an internet marketer/entrepreneur, this funds my travel and allows me to travel non-stop, which i have been doing for 3 years now.
>>
>>1074242
Le ESL teaching maymay.
>>
>>1075749
Explain more, please. I'm curious.
>>
get a job and spend money wisely shouldn't be too hard
>>
>>1074242
I teach. One of the few jobs in the US that start off with decent vacation. I travel during Xmas, spring break, and summers. Will start on a masters to get a lateral pay jump, then onward to MS +30
>>
File: braidedip5.jpg (424 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
braidedip5.jpg
424 KB, 600x600
>>1075749
>>1075755
Not him but I do something similar, maybe?

For most of the year I study engineering at a big university in the Los Angeles area which the government pays for (tuition and living expense) because I was in the Navy. To supplement this I sell electronics/accessories online. During the time I am in school I ship directly from my apartment and also wholesale larger quantities from suppliers in China. For a few months in the summer and a bit in the winter I reduce it to just the sales directly from China so that I can travel. While traveling I can manage the overseas sales from anywhere with an internet connection because I am just middle-manning it.

>Dont know where to go this summer? WOWair just started flights from LA to Europe? Ideas?
>>
>>1074504
doesn't seem like a good long term plan. but if you're livin the vagabond life then the future is now brah.
>>
>>1074242
Uni student - I budget $10k/year of my scholarships toward holidays.
>>
Work for airline as luggage handler
For an easy job, receive a relatively large salary and discounted staff airline tickets

The ultimate way to travel the world as young /trv/er
>>
File: Samstags-gehört-Vati-mir.jpg (21 KB, 370x500) Image search: [Google]
Samstags-gehört-Vati-mir.jpg
21 KB, 370x500
>>1074242
I'm a university student in Germany, so I get a lot of money from the state and if I want to, I can work on top of that and keep the money without taxes. So since I'm not an idiot that lives in an overcrowded city in Western Germany where rents for a student room are 400€+ and since I generally live cheaply, I do have some money to spare (and time, since I am a university student after all).
I also fish around for cheap offers since I'm flexible and usually go to rather cheap countries. (E.g. I'd like to travel across the U.S.A. some time, but transport and accomodation seems rather expensive, so I'll probably do that once I have an actual job).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.