[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
COUCHSURFING CHANGES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: couch-surfing-logo.jpg (87 KB, 2048x1295) Image search: [Google]
couch-surfing-logo.jpg
87 KB, 2048x1295
Recently CS has made many changes that I think are for the worse. For starters is the recent update to the reference system, which took away the old system of Positive, Neutral and Negative. Under the old system References were clear, straightforward, organized into what I consider an almost universally understandable language, i.e. Green means go, good, positive and everything is alright, Grey means neutral, Red means STOP, Attention, warning, caution and negative. I think we can all agree that pretty much anyone could understand that. So why remove that? Not only was it intuitive, easy to understand, straightforward, user friendly and visually appealing, but it was helpful and Perfect for new members to understand! I’m sure you’ve heard the tried, true and tested age old saying of “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!”, so I ask why again? Having color coded positive, neutral and negative references was straight and to the point and worked.
Anyone remember the good old days when CS had forums and local travel guides written by CS directly on the website??
Let's discuss current problems and ways to improve it and what needs to be changed in order to improve the website. I have already written to CS to complain about he changes, but nothing will change if only one person does it, so I urge others to write to CS support and let's try to get things changed for the better. Anyway I will try to forward what we talk about here to them, so with that being said guys, let's discuss and try to save our community!
>>
I'm not sure /trv/ is a great place to try and enlist a more-or-less personal army for a great crusade to save couch surfing. If for no other reason, there are so few users here.

But to discuss things, what have they replaced the old color code with? Something that will be fine once you get used to it?

Also, what's your stake in this? You seem pretty intense about something that seems a minor matter.

>save our community

Our community is /trv/ -- whether or not it needs saving would be a topic for a different thread but in any case would have nothing to do with Couch Surfer website questions.
>>
>>1073941
Well if you use CS it's a pretty big deal. The changes they made basically made it, so no one can leave negative feedback anymore, so basically now the only way you can tell if someone had a bad experience is to read every single reference they have.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.