[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SE Asia Questions thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: Ho-Chi-MInh_real.jpg (2 MB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
Ho-Chi-MInh_real.jpg
2 MB, 1698x1131
I had made a previous thread but it got deleted.

I'm travelling to Thailand (already have a visa) and then heading to Vietnam, or Vietnam and Cambodia.

Anyhow, I'll be in Bangkok for a couple of days. Should I get my Vietnam visa online, with myvietnamvisa, or go to the embassy?
>>
>>1073877
such a meme destination

whats fags obsession with this shithole
>>
>>1073880
I really like war stuff. It'd be a shame to be next to it and not go.
>>
>>1073877
Should I visit northern vietnam, or stick to a couple of days in ho chi min and depart for cambodia?

I realized I have very little time.
>>
>>1073880
I don't know but it has becomes like Japan in '08 in terms of meme status. I guess SEA is the only affordable travel destination in the world and it has Asians so the NEET crowd is guaranteed.
>>
>>1073897
Well, I'm travelling there cause its cheap... It's something..
>>
>>1073880
>tropical climate
>exotic to non-Asians
>cheap
>lots of historical sites
I know, why the fuck do people keep going there?
>>
>>1073896
Don't know if I can answer that for you, but I really enjoyed Cambodia.
>>
>>1073880
>meme destination

name me one desirable destination that couldn't be called a "meme" and i'll show you an anon so full of shit his eyes are turning brown
>>
could I live in Thailand comfortably with 1600 usd a month?
>>
Isn't it possible to get a Visa when you're at the border?
>>
>>1073877

I'm towards the end of a SE Asia trip now; I think it's cheaper and easier to go to the embassy. We gave our hotel in cambodia our passports (lol) and 50$ a person and they took care of everything. We met a number of people that were paying to get it online and then paying like a $50 "stamping fee" at the border.

Also Hanoi was fucking awesome. A more lowkey/chill vibe than Saigon. How much time will you have over here?
>>
>>1073880
>>1073897

It's only a meme destination for backpackers/young people. Especially unmarried.

Top 10 destinations in order are:
France, USA, Spain, China, Itaky, Turkey, Germany, UK, Russia, and Mexico.

Just outside the top 10, in order, are Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Thailand. If you're talking money made off of tourism, Thailand, Macau,and Hong Kong move into the top 10, with Mexico, Russia, and Turkey dropping out. Granted, if we're talking cities, Bangkok and Singapore are number 3 and 2, respectively, but their significancell as hubs plays a role in that. So how are they meme?
>>
>>1074341
No. Unless they changed it very recently
>>
>>1074446

most places i've read online says that you get a visa at the border crossing places though
>>
>>1074450
When I was going late last year they didn't do VOA (Irish Passport) maybe it's different for you, some get a Visa exemption
>>
>>1074446
>>1074450
>>1074463
I'm talking specifically about Vietnam, not Thailand or Cambodia
>>
Hey I'm on study abroad in SG right now and I just got the okay from immigration authorities to go out of the country, (Foreign ID Card) anyone know any cool things to do specifically in Malaysia and Indonesia? Also is the Cambodian visa available on arrival?

Also would you recommend signing up for hostel networks? Is it worth it? I really like Singapore, but I'm gonna have to start using some of these weekends to go exploring the region when I'm not stuck doing homework at a stressful asian uni. Any countries other than Malaysia/Indonesia/Indochina to recommend? Thanks guys!
>>
>>1074720
Cambodian VOA is possible at the airport, maybe land borders.

>>1073877
Vietnamese embassy in bkk was pretty fucking efficient when I went there for my visa.
>>
This is a very specific question, but does anyone know where to buy instruments in Koh Tao?
>>
>>1075063
Musical? Scientific? Medical? Financial?
>>
>>1075122
Such as a guitar or ukulele.
>>
what do in malaysia? i'll be there for three weeks.

is the rainforest worth seeing? i think about hiking there for one week or more. how much is a flight to borneo and back and is it worth it?
>>
We don't have an eternal Thailand thread? I'll just post here I guess. Just arrived in BKK. Any /trv/ bros here who want to meet?
>>
>>1075407

how long are you staying? me and my friend arrive in bkk on the 31st
>>
>>1074272

for sure.
>>
>>1075470
Leaving on the 31st unfortunately.
>>
I'm in vietnam right now. For my visa i get an invitation letter online (12 $ ) then i paid my visa 25 $ for a month. I didnt went to the ambassy because they ask for 70 or 80 $ ...
The invitation letter seems a little bit fake because it's not from the ambassy but it works for everyone. You just need to print it before you go
>>
>>1075276
If you want to see the rainforest then taman negara would be best. It's the largest forest reserve in the peninsula. You could go to some of the islands on the east coast of the peninsula like perhentian or tenggol. I can't remember how much a flight to borneo is but your best bet is air asia. If you arrive on the 8th of February, you're just in time for Chinese New Year, which means lots of lion dances, chinese food, fireworks and KL is basically half open
>>
>>1075899
I should also mention that Kota Kinabalu and Kuching are worth seeing. You can climb mount Kinabalu, just don't do what some tourists did and strip naked.
>>
>>1075899
>>1075900
Is there anything special about Borneo? Is it worth visiting or can you get the same or similar experiences in more convenient locations?
>>
File: 1428572058429.jpg (114 KB, 500x620) Image search: [Google]
1428572058429.jpg
114 KB, 500x620
leaving on a 2 month journey to SEA! first time traveling for a longer period of time so wish me luck /trv/!
>>
>>1075918
Well besides Mount Kinabalu, it isn't that particularly different in terms of geography from the rest of Indonesia. Though culture in Malaysia Brunei and Indonesia can be somewhat different. You get more Chinese influences in the Malaysian part, mostly Kuching and Kota Kinabalu, than the rest of the place. Also FYI, Brunei is full on shariah at the moment, so you can drink alcohol in Malaysia, but the second you step over the border you'll get prosecuted. Labuan island is duty free btw and has some nice girls.
>>
where can one obtain kratom in Thailand?
>>
>>1075899
>>1075900
Thank you :)
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.