[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my friends and I were thinking of having a road trip through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: sikh1.jpg (121 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
sikh1.jpg
121 KB, 640x426
So my friends and I were thinking of having a road trip through Europe (we live in the Uk) and thought about driving from England to Istanbul and back. However, one of our party is Sikh and we were wondering if he'd face any significant discrimination in the Balkans (greater than what he gets in the UK anyway).

Would it be significant or do people not give that much of a shit?
>>
Just do it m8
>>
>>1073482
Anyone that wears headwear is going to be confusing as WTF are they. This is a known problem with Sikh's everywhere they go. I would think they are most understood and accepted in the UK, for the locals education and understanding far outweighs the rest of europe.

Leave him at home, or get him to clean up his appearance in order to enjoy the once in a lifetime trip. Understandably, he may have religious reasons not to do that, and so you'll deal with the trouble if it arises. What else could you do? I'd stay out of Turkey, however.
>>
>>1073482
Bulgaria here. He's fine, just leave the sword at home.
>>
>>1073482
you'll be fine. its the muslims everyone hates and no one gets confused between them anymore just stay outta israel
>>
are you taking the piss? where on earth is he getting discrimination in the UK against Sikhs

that makes me sad, Sikhs are fucking great blokes

apologies
>>
>>1073648
>no one gets confused between them anymore
I'm not inclined to believe the average serb or whatever can tell what kind of turban it is
In America rednecks shoot sikhs on sight, why would the southeast Europe version of that be any different?
>>
>>1075212
Are you implying the average European can possibly be as dumb as an American?

They'll be fine.
>>
>>1075215
Probably implying that people in Eastern Europe have never even heard of Sikhs,let alone seen or met any,or know much about them - and indeed they are fucking great blokes.

They how however very very much less likely to be armed than yer stateside redneck.
>>
Its a sad commentary on our society that the first assumption is there will be stereotyping specifically against him because of appearance when you're all going to technically be foreigners out of the country. That being said he may end up in trouble if he forgets to take his poo to the loo.
>>
>>1073573
kek
>>
what car?
>>
>>1073482
You'll be fine.
>>
In Balkans people won't have anything against Sikhs in particular but they might associate the turban with some Turkroach culture so that's why they might react bad. But i doubt even that would happen. Stares are a must tho
>>
>>1073482
>wondering if he'd face any significant discrimination in the Balkans

some places it'll be good, because they'll think he's a muslim.

some places it'll be very bad, because they'll think he's a muslim.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.