[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you keep a travel journal? I'm considering doing it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: journal.jpg (103 KB, 490x379) Image search: [Google]
journal.jpg
103 KB, 490x379
Do you keep a travel journal?

I'm considering doing it for my next trip. Why? The other day a friend of mine asked me for tips on what to do on Mallorca. I was there for two weeks three months ago, and I can't remember shit.

Plus, it might be fun to read when I'm older.
>>
No, but it sounds like a cool idea.
>>
I did on my last trip to Nepal which was my first long solo trip.

I find it pretty therapeutic, getting thoughts and feelings out on paper and I read through it last week in anticipation of the trip I'm on now around South America. Yes it kept a nice record and reminded me of things I had forgotten, both written and not.

Have the same journal with me now and keeping wary of having it just be an event recorder. I find the best entries are the ones that give a clear view of my mind set instead of just saying what I did.

I tend to keep a journal anyway (though I do write nearly as much as when travelling) and my only warning would be not to worry over recording every last detail - you're supposed to be having fun, not feeling tied to having to write.

Tldr: go for it.
>>
I try to take video snippets/pictures and then put them together in a short vacation video. So that's kind of my "journal"
>>
>>1072546

I never did but I'll soon go for a solo trip for about 1.5 month of walking and I've decided to keep a journal then
So go for it I guess
>>
I never used to but I always do now

it's fun to read my thoughts and feelings on the day when something happens, because in hindsight when stuff like food poisoning happens I sell it short, with a journal I have my exact feelings etc at the time
I include pictures too
>>
>>1072546
I never have, but I do tend to make up a Shutterfly book for a god trip, or for several related shorter trips (National Parks of the American West, or Topical Islands or something)

My father keeps journals when traveling, which are pretty interesting to read back over trips we were on together, and shoots ass-tons of video, which is not because he talks constantly while shooting...
>>
>>1072745
>I include pictures too

Me too, kinda
I don't put them in the journal directly but I include references like "photos from 20 to 40" in the journal and the corresponding photos are numeroted on my computer
>>
>>1072546

I keep a journal when I travel but it's more philosophical than it is anything to do with my travels. I have my best ideas when I travel.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.