[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Official Mongolia Thread:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: Mongolia.jpg (144 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mongolia.jpg
144 KB, 1920x1080
It's been settled by me and my friends that we're sometime in the next year going on an epic "bro-trip" to Mongolia.

What's the ultimate survival guide for milking this country to its fullest?
>>
File: 20151115_120506.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151115_120506.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>1072452
>ultimate survival guide
Go in summer.

July has Nadam which is a big festival, good time to see things but bad because it will be crowded and probably more expensive. Depends on what you want to do.

Oasis hostel is a little far out of the centre of the city but is really nice (also there's a bus straight into town). pic related, it's their backyard
>>
There is literally nothing in Mongolia but rocks, water and sand. And horse milk. That's really it, I don't know how you guys are going to be bro-ing it up, but don't expect much. Mandatory: Return to your previous mongolia.
>>
>>1072511
>There is literally nothing in Mongolia but rocks, water and sand. And horse milk.
>>
Just so you know, outside of Ulaanbaatar independent travel is pretty much impossible. You need a local guide/driver. There is simply no tourist infrastructure.
>>
>>1072673

How so? Besides, we're far from touristy people.
>>
File: Falconry.jpg (56 KB, 1024x460) Image search: [Google]
Falconry.jpg
56 KB, 1024x460
>>1072579

* zero culture detected
>>
There is very little to see in Ulan Bator. Go to the buddhist monasteries like Gandantegchinlen, catch the monks when they're chanting if you can. See a traditional singing/dance show, I saw Tumen Ekh who had a couple of awesome throat singers.

The city is probably the ugliest i've ever seen and the air pollution is unreal. Beijing is nothing compared to UB, in winter as soon as the sun sets you will see clouds of smoke coming out of the hillside neighbourhoods and you can taste coal in the air.

Horse milk tastes like normal milk left out for a day with salt poured in

Gorkhi-Terelj Park is gorgeous. A ger camp is a must. The Chinghis statue is hideous but see it if you're close by, just for the extremely poor workmanship.

Mongolian drivers are suicidal. Constant overtaking around slow trucks carrying so much hay that you can't see any of the road ahead, overtaking drivers like to play chicken with each other. Overtaking around corners and on inclines is popular too.

Don't drink the water. I paid for 1 beer with 18 banknotes.
>>
>>1072579
>wants to disprove me
>posts a generic city skyline
Yeah, Ulanbataar and what? Literally nothing else. Not saying it's bad, if westerner and first trip to Asia, everything will be exotic and new, but since you're already in Asia you can do a lot better and all you have to do is go north, west, south or east. Note how oP wants a "bro-holiday", just go Thailand and Phils and the other meme destinations. Even if you are not whoring, you'll have a great time because those countries are developed for tourists. There's island hopping, ziplining and shit, you'll be spoon-fed adventure by sexy and English-speaking people and just take vacation on autopilot. Or you could visit Ulanbataar and the rocks and sand around it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.