[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canadian planning on visiting Phnom Penh for a week. What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (1 KB, 115x74) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 KB, 115x74
Canadian planning on visiting Phnom Penh for a week. What are some things I have to eat/check out/know/etc?
>>
If you're not on a budget staying at the Raffles is amazing. If it is out of the price range, at least check out the elephant bar. The city has some beautiful avenues, recommend taking a Tuk Tuk everywhere. It's the best way to absorb the Khmer architecture whilst traveling around town. Seeing the killing fields was heavy but good to see.
>>
>>1072254
>Seeing the killing fields was heavy but good to see.

Ditto Tuol Sleng prison
>>
>>1072254

As for cuisine?
>>
File: lucky.jpg (2 MB, 1728x2304) Image search: [Google]
lucky.jpg
2 MB, 1728x2304
went to cambodia last year with my wife. highlights of phnom penh:

betelnut tour to phnom tamao wildlife park. best $40 you'll spend there. pic related. you get to feed/play with/interact with all the animals, and you get a literal home cooked feast for lunch. best meal i had the whole trip.

memorable cambodia cruise was cool, too. cheap cruise on the mekong run by cambodian hospitality students. when my wife and i went on it we were literally the only guests on the boat. evening cruise was beautiful.

feel good cafe is great for some familar food when you've hit your limit of food cooked with lemongrass and palm sugar. their french toast is fucking phenomenal.

fcc has shit service and meh food for the price, but a great view and happy hour.

if you like shopping there are some cool covered markets and night markets to check out, mix of locals and tourists.

are you spending the whole trip in phnom penh, or is that just the part you're looking to fill?
>>
>>1072410

That's a badass pic anon.
>>
File: s21.jpg (1 MB, 1728x1296) Image search: [Google]
s21.jpg
1 MB, 1728x1296
>>1072448
thanks. my wife took it. we got lucky with the elephant being out and about. there are always elephants there you can feed, but not always ones you can touch.

>>1072254
>>1072271
heavy for sure, pic related, but such a critical part of cambodia and humanity's history they deserve a visit. i recommend doing them both in the same day, and bookend that day with lighter days. don't start or end your trip with that experience.
>>
>>1072410

It's a visual pun!
>>
>>1072487

What would be some must-try street food?
>>
>>1072493
I don't get it
>>
>>1072716
trunks
>>
File: cruise.jpg (1 MB, 1728x2304) Image search: [Google]
cruise.jpg
1 MB, 1728x2304
>>1072706
hard to pin that down specifically. if something smelled good we just stop and try it and hope we wouldn't lose diarrhea roulette (never did, fwiw). the markets had multiple options, and big boulevards would always have carts, especially after dark.

side note-street food was one of the few times we found riel useful. for nearly everything else we used american dollars. probably made stuff a bit more expensive, but the difference of 20-30% is pretty negligible when stuff was so cheap.

pic of sunset on the tonle sap from the river cruise we took
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.