[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/etg/ Euro trip general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 11
File: et3.jpg (151 KB, 570x371) Image search: [Google]
et3.jpg
151 KB, 570x371
Can we have a general Europe trip thread.

Ask and post all things Europe here. With most people, if they have not already, booking their euro trip flights in the next few weeks, I think it's fitting.

What are some must see countries?

I want to go in the end of June to Barcelona, Rome, Sarajevo, and the Greek islands. Is it doable in 3 weeks?

Do you guys recommend booking a direct flight to Barcelona and then a flight from Athens to home? In between, booking flights to Rome, Sarajevo and Athens with Ryan air for example?

Also post which countries you've been to in Europe. Likes and dislikes.

Important things to know while travelling. How many places Accept Canadian credit cards?
Exchange cash here or there etc.

Also, what are the best Greek islands in terms of nice beaches and night life.
>>
>>1072183
protip: Barcelona is ripe with thieves.
>>
File: Untitled.png (31 KB, 806x392) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31 KB, 806x392
taters
>>
This seems a good thread to ask.

I'm planning a two month Trip To Europe. Starting From Morzine in France, down to Madrid, Back along the West Coast of France, into Germany, and then a plane to the UK. A lot of this will be backpacking. Now the one thing I wasnt able find was this.

What do you guys do for food while traveling? I imgaine a lots of fruits and veggies I will carry. But what about Meat and Drink? And how I would carry it effectivly without adding to much weight. I've never Traveled before so besides the anxiety I have to travel, I have no idea how to handle Food.
>>
>>1072818
Well, I backpacked through Europe some years ago and I almost never carried any food with me, only when I was taking a long train trip and enough to satisfy the hunger of one meal.

Wherever I went I just bought food there, being at supermarkets or at restaurants when feeling wealthy. I also always had the breakfasts they offered in the hostels.
>>
File: ohfuckyou.gif (491 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
ohfuckyou.gif
491 KB, 499x281
I want to travel, but have no idea where to go.

I'm a UK citizen, been working in London for the last five years, and have managed to save around £4000 / $5500. I am not likely to have this much money again for about a decade, so want to spend as much time away from the UK.

Where should I be looking to travel around? Asia looks interesting (particularly Vietnam and China) but so does New Zealand.

Where would you guys recommend?
>>
>>1072183
Great movie, OP. Vandersexxx touched all my buttons.

I don't know if there are connecting flights between all of those destinations (Barcelona-Rome there should be, though), be sure to check that. Sarajevo-Athens could be iffy, but I didn't check. Other than that, your itinerary looks pretty good. Not 10 cities in 15 days like some anons write down all the time.

>>1072818
Cheap supermarkets are the dream. And I don't think I've ever been in a (Western) European hostel without a kitchen, however fishy.
>>
Your itinerary sounds doable to me in a 3 week time frame, but it also depends on how many Greek Islands you are planning on seeing, etc…

Less is always more IMO when traveling, in that I find it’s better to spend 3-5 days at least in each place and actually enjoy it, as opposed to always rushing around and being in transit. Pretty much any travel day with international travel is going to be a write off in terms of seeing anything. By the time you check out of wherever you’re staying, grab a train to the airport (usually an hour or so) arrive two hours early for your International flight, land in a new city, train to your location and find your hotel/hostel/Air BnB you’re pretty much looking at a lost day. Not that you can’t do/see anything that day, but that’s why I subscribe to the less is more theory, as it sucks to always be on trains, planes - though I do love seeing new cities and traveling.

Barcelona is amazing IMO - I only got to spend four days there and am already planning on going back. I lived in Berlin for a while after falling in love with it backpacking and would highly recommend it to anyone - of the coolest/most interesting cities I’ve been to in the world - can’t say enough good things about it. Rome is generally pretty bitching too, lots of historical sites, great city to laze around in, grab a bottle of wine and relax in piazza or cafe. Awesome city and would likely go back.

I’ve only been to Corfu and Athens so can’t offer too much advice on the Greek Isles - but do wonder about Sarajevo. Haven’t been though I’ve passed through while in Croatia - any reason for wanting to go there? I don’t know a ton about it to be honest, but if you’re in the area, I’d head down to Dubrovnik in Crotia. One of the coolest/most unique cities you’ll see and definitely one of a kind. Plitvice national park is dope too if you’re in that part of the world.

Hope that provides some guidance - best of luck out there!
>>
Also - As for cash - bring some over, maybe a couple hundred Euros - but you can also easily take out cash at almost any ATM. Most big banks in Canada will charge you a $5 fee per use at an ATM - but it’s also better than carrying hundreds of Euro on you at any given time.
>>
Sarajevo for me was one of my favorite cities I visited in Europe. It had really good cheap food (cevapi (but way way better than the cevapi I tried in Croatia and Serbia)), good turkish coffee, is really beautiful and eerie (there are giant graveyards on many of the hills), and crazy recent history.
>>
>>1072818

Buy "backpacking" I assume you mean staying in hostels in populated areas. In that case just go to the super markets and buy cheap food like you would at home, hostels usually have kitchens you can cook in. If you really want to be stingy buy a big bag of pasta and carry that with you, then buy meat at the grocery store and cheap sauce and cook that shit up. Or just boil that pasta if you're traveling on a poverty tier budget.
>>
I want to go to santorini, rhodes, and mykonos. Better to fly between them or ferry? Sounds like ferry is more expensive and way longer
>>
>>1072825
I think this question would be better as a separate thread, as OP has specified this is a Euro trip general. Seeing as you've got a good amount of money saved I'm guessing you'll want to go a bit further afield than Europe. Where exactly depends on your interests, it's hard to recommend any one area in particular because so many are worth travelling. Based on the info you've given though, it sounds like you could have a lot of fun starting in SE Asia and then going to Australia and New Zealand.
>>
File: Europe_regions_minimal_cities.png (516 KB, 1500x1307) Image search: [Google]
Europe_regions_minimal_cities.png
516 KB, 1500x1307
Can /trv/ critique my trip plan for this summer?
It's going to be three weeks and I'll start and end in Kyiv, Ukraine.

This is what I have thus far:
>Kyiv
>Lviv
>Krakow
>Prague
>Salzburg
>Budapest
>Somewhere in the Carpathian Mountains, maybe Hoverla
>Kyiv

Maybe I should go to Vienna over Salzburg?
Anything else?
>>
>>1072976
And then there's this faggot
>>
>>1072976
I was thinking about that, so I have also been trying to look for smaller places that wouldn't get tourists. I know there are smaller places in the Czech Republic (Brno, Plzen), and maybe Austria (Halstatt).
Do you know of any others?

I've never been outside the USA before though, so I don't mind too much if I go to cities with lots of tourists.
>>
So I wanna do a 1-2 month trip in Europe, but I'm wondering how many days I should allow for each of my destinations:

- Israel 10 days Birthright + 2 Extra me days (visiting family)
- Barcelona (5-6 days)
- Rome (2-3) Visiting Local friends here
- Amsterdam (4-5)
- Bristol (2-3) Visiting Local friends here
- Berlin (5-6)
- Prague (3-4)
- Munich (2-3) Visiting Local friends here
- Budapest (2-3)
- Split (2-3)

Do these seem like a reasonable amount of days, or should I get more/less in some? Also which countries should I stay on for weekends? I'm gonna party a decent amount (trying to do a music and food culture type tour)
>>
File: 1451704033292.jpg (170 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1451704033292.jpg
170 KB, 640x960
>>1072976

>smaller towns in eastern Europe should be more fun

Want to know how I know you've never spent any time in a small town in eastern Europe?
>>
>>1073024
Why ?
>>
Best places in Germany for hansel abd grettel yodelling beer drinking stereotypical shit? Rothenburg? Dinkelsbuhl?
>>
Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Dinkelsbuhl, Dresden, Hamburg, Cologne

If i had to drop 3, which should i drop? My gut feeling is hamburg, nuremberg, and cologne
>>
>>1073047

I'd drop Frankfurt before Cologne. Frankfurt is cool and all but a bit drab, felt a bit soulless.
>>
>>1072818
>Starting From Morzine in France, down to Madrid

Are you going through the Massif Central ? Assuming you back part this part
>>
>>1073066
>back part

backpack* obviously
>>
>>1072973
nice plan, Eastern Europe is extra cheap now.
>>
>>1073019
Why is bristol in there? There is a lot of shit to see in Europe, or the U.K. for that matter, so spending time and money to cross over just for 2-3 days in bristol seems illogical. Seeing Hamburg or Copenhagen would make more sense path wise.
>>
>>1073102

One of my best friends lives there and I haven't seen her in a while, I wouldn't have to pay for acomodation either, I'm not super enthused about it but shes a huge hippie and doens't wanna meet in London.
>>
>>1072997
If visiting small towns is your thing, then Italy, France and Spain are the places to go. In those countries, just about any small town you'll pass (that's not a suburb of some large city) is a cute place with old buildings and some nice restaurants. Elsewhere, you'll have to specifically seek out the towns that are actually interesting.
>>
>>1072850
Sarajevo cevapi is the b est cevapi because they make it with mineral water from the mountains: this effects the texture of the end product. Nowhere else in the world does cevapi properly.

>>1073047
Drop them by region. If you drop Nuremberg, you should also drop Munich and Rothenberg.
>>
>>1073270
I understand what your thinking, but u wouldnt necessarily go in 1 trip. Even if i did i dont mind going out of the way or flying. I'm just going on interest
>>
>>1073068
it always has been cheap for westerners like you, but in truth, the prices are going up all around eastern europe. it's just that they were so low at the beginning that everything's still considered pretty fucking cheap measured by western standards
>>
Book airbnb/hostel 3-6 mo before trip or when i arrive in city?

talkin western europe here
>>
>>1073047
>>1073066

I'm going to agree. Frankfurt is not worth the trip.
>>
>>1073019

Seems alright, I would add a day or two on to Rome and stay in Amsterdam for 3-4 days instead.
>>
What's a cheap/good hostel I should book for my stay in Barcelona?
What is a good amount of time to spend in Barcelona?
In this amount of time how much money should I expect to spend?
I've narrowed my 23 day trip down to:

Barcelona, Rome, Greek islands... Maybe Amsterdam.

What do you guys think is a good time to spend in each place?

Most likely going to fly into Barcelona, then Rome then Athens(for the islands) then back home.
>>
>>1073047
frankfurt is boring as hell.
dont go there.
it's just financiers and poverty.
there are some ugly, sub-par modern skyscrapers (only city in germany with a skyline) to gawk at... but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>1073047
you drop rothenburg, dinkelsbuhl and frankfurt.
nurnberg and hamburg are both fantastic.
cathedral in koeln is awe inspiring
>>
>>1074802
>you drop rothenburg
I think Rothenburg is great. Why should it be dropped?
>>
>>1072825
How have you only saved £4k in 5 years of work life?

I know it's london but bloody hell mate, did you go out every day?
>>
File: Yurope.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Yurope.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>1072851
I actually do plan on Backpacking about 50%. Where I think I can get away with Sleeping outside I will, or at least plan too. Not so sure with recent events, but we will see how the world plays out. In a Hostel, I assume I should bring a basic pot. Or plates or someshit? How exactly do Hostels work in terms of food?
>>1073066
>>1073067
Actually, From Morzine(It will honestly be from Geneva Airport because I'm going to a Camp that's in Morzine that ships me back to the Airport) I'm going to head onto a Train to go to Madrid. I have a Parkour Buddy I met from /asp/ I want to train with before his Uni goes back into Session.

Pic Related, A general Idea of where I will be going.
>>
>>1074780
Anyone?
>>
I live in Spain since 2 years now, in Madrid.
Barcelona sounded the "best" Spanish city to me but before I arrive here but after few stays over there I recommend you also go to Madrid to see what Spain really looks like.
Barcelona is a very touristic city. Of course some places as wonderfull and I'm sure you'll have a great time as a tourist over there. But the thing is...it's not as authentic as Madrid. There are lots of foreigners in BCN, and depending on what period you're going you might hear more English, French, German, Japanese, etc than actual Spanish (note that they tend to speak Catalan, which is similar to Spanish but hard to get the first times you hear it).
>>
>>1075273
Will you be travelling on your own?
Depends on how much of the city you want to see but in 3/4 days you have enough time to visit the most notable places.
There are lots of hostels/hotels in Barcelona, it tends to be cheap even though the prices are higher than in the rest of Spain. You won't have problems to find a place to stay, unfortunatelly I don't know one in the center since I go there for professional purpose and thus tend to sleep in hotels outside center town (plus, I've been very disapointed with the conditions of some 3/4 stars hotels in the center: one day I woke up with insect bites on my belly, and another time I had to share my room with a huge cockroach).
Where will you go there? Try to come during La Fiesta de Gracia, it's pretty cool. Gracia is a district of Barcelona and each year they have a 1 week "party": they investigate the squares and organize concerts. Every street is decorated with lightnings and art. You can avoid La Barceloneta (the "beach" of Barcelona), prefer Sitges wich is not that far away from Barcelona in train.
>>
>>1075303
Would you be able to tell me how much I can expect to spend on food and drinks per day in Barcelona? Also are the clubs expensive?
>>
>>1075505
I'd count 20-30€/day for food and drinks (breakfeast/lunch and dinner). Depending on what you eat and where you go, it can be way cheaper or way more expensive.
CLubs aren't expensive as far as I know, and drinks are affordable.
A small beer (25cl) in a cafe/bar is below 2€
A cocktail is between 5 and 10€ depending the place you are.
The entrance at a basic club may be free, but there are places like the Razzamtazz that will charge you a bit less than 20€ for the entrance.
The thing is it varies a lot from a place to another. Still, it won't be difficult to get drunk if you're on a short budget.
>>
I'm supposed to go to a city near Düsseldorf for three weeks in Janurary. Flight to europe/expenses during the week are paid but I have to work. Weekends are free and I have two weekends in europe (from friday afternoon/night until sunday evening). Any places in the area I should check out? Any suggested european destinations (e.g. ones I might be able to get a relatively cheap roundtrip to)?
>>
>>1075529
Thanks a lot. I'm trying to roughly estimate how much I'll be spending in total on my 3 week euro trip.
>>
>>1074599

Thanks m80, seems to be the general consensus I've been given, apparently Amsterdam ain't that big
>>
>>1075273

Kabul Hostel is the top one for sure, best location in the city right in the center and its ~15$ a night. Super nice kitchen, and if you make it early enough for dinner, the hostel serves free food a lot of days.

Places to visit: Parque Guey, Casa Batilo,Monsuique, Sagrada Familia, Gothic Quarter, Mercado en La Rambla, Chupitos bar.

For food, you can also get Tapas super cheap (2-4 Eur) and they're quite delicious. What a lot of bars will also do is give you free tapas based on the drinks you're buying, the more drinks the more substantial and delicious the tapa, so its a nice incentive to stay at certain places to drink.

Also if you get a chance to day trip it, go to Valencia, its a 1.5 hr train ride from Barcelona and its possibly the most gorgeous place I've seen on earth.
>>
>>1075661

Oh and there are also Tapa Tours which take you to do touristy shit and serve you tapas at different places, its normally pretty cheap and you get a boss tour with it.
>>
>>1075661
I have about 22 days to split over Barcelona, Rome and Greece (islands)

How much time do you recommend for Barcelona,to see most things that I need to see, party etc. since it seems you know the place well?
>>
>>1074780
> St Christopher's
> One Week
>>
>>1072825
>has only saved £4000 in 5 years working in London
>won't see that money again for a decade

mate just what on earth are you doing - selling the big issue?
>>
>>1075273
I stayed in a really good one, it's a party hostel though so it might not be what you're looking for, but it's the Sant Jordi.
>>
>>1075967
Isn't Kabul even better?
>>
im 18 and ive really fucked up my social life and id like to remember these years by travelling somewhere interesting instead of sitting in my room wallowing in self pity

where are some of the cheaper, but better places to travel in Europe? I'll be going probably along so I'd like to spend my days being able to go out photographing stuff, etc. probably more nature orientated would be nice, but obviously things so see around cities is perfectly fine too

maybe is there some sort of sight where i can find travel partners also? id like to imagine i could do it on my own but it might make night-time more fun if i could go out for a meal or drink with someone

thanks
>>
>>1076185
for cheap but great places with nature and nice architecture I'd suggest checking out Riga, Tallin and Budapest.
>>
>>1076212
cheers, all look good
>>
>>1076185
enjoy dude, i started travelling when i was 19 and felt like a social retard, best thing i've ever done, gained loads of confidence, found my passions, etc. best thing i've ever done
>>
>>1076260
>>1076185
oh and check out berlin, too. it's quite cheap as well. i'm guessing you're from the uk?
>>
Will my luggage be safe in a hostel in Barcelona for example? I know there are safes for your passports etc. But what about your clothes, products etc.?
>>
>>1076713
Pro-tip: wear all your belongings while sightseeing that way you always have an eye on your stuff

t. pro
>>
>>1076722
How's that even possible man? All my clothes and shit?
>>
I'm a Croatian student hopefully going to a real 'trip' this summer. First stop is London because Ryanair flight is cheap. The site says their carry-on luggage is 55cm in height max, however the backpack I'm looking to get for the trip is 65. Will i have to pay for checked luggage?
>>
>>1077502
This can go two ways:
Airport/Ryanair staff don't give a damn and you're good (55% chance)
Airport/Ryanair staff do their job and will take your bank accounts anal virginity by going in raw and hard (45% chance)

Your choice m8.
>>
>>1077566
Not worth risking it IMO. I'll seek for a smaller bag, thanks mate.
>>
Is spending 670 bucks on a eurorail pass for 35 days worth it? From what I can tell, it seems like the pass is hop on, hop off all inclusive ferries, some metro lines, etc.
>>
>>1077618

Depends what your plans are. It's usually cheaper to fly low cost (Ryanair, Volotea, Wizzair) and take Megabus.

Some advice needed: cheapest transport (excluding hitch-hiking and walking) to go to Stockholm from the Denmark-Sweden border?
>>
What are some must see islands to see in Greece. Already booked Ios and santorini. How's crete?
>>
>>1077733
I would recommend paxos and kefalonia
>>
>>1077684
Try swebus.se or nettbuss.se to get across the border cheaply to Malmö.

Best train between Malmö and Stockholm might be Snälltåget, decent price/time ratio when compared to taking a bus desu.
>>
>>1077733
Crete is great but big enough to spend a week alone. Might want to focus on the smaller ones.
>>
Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Gmund, Vienna, Budapest, Maribor, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Split

Is this doable on a 3 weeks interrail pass?
>>
>>1077894
Should be doable, but that is an intensive pace. 4 would be better desu
>>
>>1076776
I think the idea is that you keep all your stuff in a backpack. If you are that worried keep them in a luggage locker at a train station if the hostel does not have them.
>>
I have a couple of routes I want to do as a driving holiday across Europe. Even better if I can save up the money after going to Florida and convincing my gf to come with me (which shouldn't be too hard, she wants to go to a lot of these places too)

Northern
>London (nearest major city to me, and I like it there)
>Rotterdam/Amsterdam
>Bruges
>Düsseldorf
>Hamburg
>Copenhagen (been there before and loved it)
>Malmö (went there for a day trip while staying in Copenhagen and would like to go back there too)
>Gothenburg
>Stockholm
>Oslo
>Tromso (for the northen lights)

Then reverse order to go home. I would aim to complete in about 1-2 months

This would be around 6000 miles I think

Southern
>London
>Paris
>Marseille
>Monaco/Nice
>Geneva
>Vaduz / Liechtenstein
>Kitzbühel (went skiing there when I was 13 and I've wanted to go back since)
>Salzburg or Vienna
>Milan
>Rome
>Naples

Follow Med coast to Montpellier, then north to Paris to get back home, again aim to complete in 1-2 months.

This would be around 8000 miles I think
>>
>>1078442
Forgot to mention as a footnote type thing - any additions would be welcome, and any reasons to remove places will be appreciated too
>>
How would I go about visiting a cheap European city? Trying to survive on maybe around 750 USD for one week. Doable? I was looking at the following cities: Kiev, Budapest, Krakow. Which has the best things to do? What could I do? I was just planning to airbnb and then mess around for 7 days.
>>
File: road trip.png (1 MB, 1169x810) Image search: [Google]
road trip.png
1 MB, 1169x810
Hey guys, a couple of friends and I are planning on going to a festival just south of Vienna and are thinking of hiring a car to end up in Berlin. Any suggestions on a route?

Bonus points for scenery, good places to stop, food, etc.
>>
File: plan.png (867 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
plan.png
867 KB, 1600x900
Hey, me and friends are travelling in a minibus this summer. We are going to basically follow this route, but there is many questions yet to be answered and the route may slightly change before we hit the road.

Your opinion about the trip?
Can you recommend us any dirty cheap motels in Moscow/St. Petersburg?
Are there any not very well known places worth visiting?
>>
>>1078442

If you want to see northern lights better go December or January. In the summer it's so light you wouldn't be able to see them.
>>
>>1078653
I'd rather go through sweden than finland. Even though its nice in the summer there isnt much to do outside of helsinki
>>
>>1078725
Well, We want to spent couple of days trekking around the lakes. The nature there there is stunning, isn't it?
>>
>>1078662

True that. I heard March is a good time to try and see them as well.
Good thing I like the cold then. Skiing in Norway or Sweden would be amazing
>>
I said it once, I said it twice. The fuckers only went and didn't listen. Sinai Peninsula, get in while the flights are double digits. It's not exactly Euro, but if you're IN Euro it's smashing lad.
>>
File: järvi.jpg (123 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
järvi.jpg
123 KB, 900x599
>>1078737
the lakes are very beautiful (pic related) and the sun shines almost 24h a day in the summer. in the late summer the lakes are also very warm for swimming. The nature in finland is quite similar everywhere so it doesn't matter that much where you're going trekking.
If you're interested in fishing, id recommend going pike fishing in the lakes

be prepared for a shitton of mosquitoes tho
>>
File: WP_20150808_016.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150808_016.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
Bumping with a crap photo of my last holiday abroad.
Pic was taken in Malmö in August 2015, a tangent of a long weekend to Copenhagen
>>
How is Ios Greece?
>>
>>1073019
Why not Lisbon instead of a week in Barcelona?
>>
>>1077894
>Maribor
Nothing to see there. Unless you have a reason for going there, swap it for Lake Bled. You won't regret it.
>>
>>1079713
>Ios
Ios is one of the main cities (towns?) in Santorini. Go see the sunset there, it's incredible. But the whole island is great, so don't just stay there. Inter-city buses are very frequent and not really expensive, from what I recall.
>>
>>1074593
I need to know this also
>>
>>1078904
>Sinai Peninsula
>Flights are double digits
They're low for a reason -- it's an unsafe shithole of an area.
>>
is meteora worth the trouble and money that could be used to goto to another country in a limited run through europe?
>>
I used to think that Hungary and Croatia are shit tier violent eastern Europe, Russia tier countries until I visited them. Holy fuck I loved them both. Hungary was really cheap with women with the biggest tits you'll ever witness and Croatia was really beautiful and lovely overall. Nobody outside of Budapest in Hungary speaks English but I that wasn't too bad. In Croatia the language skills were good and the wine and food were absolutely delicious.
>>
>>1073034
Bremen maybe?
>>
Catching up with my brother in Prague at end of April.

What's there to do?
>>
>>1080012
Welcome to Europe. Even Russia itself is fine.
>>
>>1080016
>yodeling
>Hansl and Gretl, the 'John and Jane' names of southern Germany
>northern German city of Bremen.
neger was?

>>1073034
>>1073047
Just go to Munich, but not around Oktoberfest.

Frankfurt is not a tourist city, I'm not sure why people think they need to go there.

Hamburg and Nuremberg are both interesting, in different ways. I'm not a huge fan of Cologne. A couple days, that's it.
>>
>>1079779
Bled is a tourist trap, Bohinj is much nicer in terms of nature, swimming, hiking and so on, but it is slightly more remote.
>>
For a month I'll be travelling all the islands in Greece. 1 question, are Brit tourists really as horrible as people say?
>>
Going into Europe through Oslo and out through Madrid. 2 months and a week.. Most interested in Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Slovakia, the Czech republic, and the Pyrenees. I don't really have any specific questions, just what advice would you give?
>>
>>1081003
I don't know what the Stereotype is. nearly all the British tourists I've met have been families with Children. They just seemed like American Families but a bit more friendly.
Australian tourists are literal scum though. do not associate.
>>
>>1078904
>Go to the part of the world where the miltary Junta Government of Egypt has been ruthlessly fighting an ISIS insurgency.
Are you retarded, or just uniformed? There's a high chance of being killed by the egyptians in some collateral action, or killed/kidnapped by ISIS.
>>
Can you see the Northern Lights in Tromso Norway in mid May?
>>
>>1081003

Depends on type of destination, if it's an 18-30 year olds party town, then yes the people are absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>1081027
Seems unlikely. On May 15, there is only about 45 minutes from sunset to sunrise, and it won't get dark enough.
>>
>>1081011
For Slovenia, visit Ljubljana, beyond that I recommend the NW part with the Triglav National Park, visit Bled lake for the kitsch or Bohinj lake for the nature, also Soča river is nice.
I guess there's also the Škocjanske jame cave system that's under UNESCO, that might be fun to see.

As for Ljubljana, don't buy the public transport card thing, anything important for a tourist is withing a 20min walking radius.
Try to spend a friday night in Ljubljana and visit Metelkova, it's a fun counter culture squat place and every foreigner that goes likes it.

And as for Croatia apart from Zagreb, the right side doesn't offer much other than history if that's your thing.
The coastal area is super nice, but there also the Plitvička lakes which are a must see.
>>
>>1081036
Fuck...
>>
How is the Gypsy situation in terms of pick pockets in Rome and Barcelona?
>>
>>1081027

No way, has to be winter or late fall for northern lights
>>
>>1074593
Also relevant to my interests.
>>
Opinions on the Eurail? Anybody bought a pass, was it worth the money if you fly into Germany and just take Eurail around the rest of Europe for a month?
>>
>>1074593
Before for sure.
>>
>>1072801

>ripe
>>
>>1081749
Ukfag here

I know a lot of people that have done it. I myself am going summer 2017. It's worth it if you are planning to visit lots of places in many countries and travel for 1 month plus. You get like discounts at youth hostels and stuff too
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.