[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello I'm from france give me your snap for discover your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: topic-page-snapchat_0.png (194 KB, 800x799) Image search: [Google]
topic-page-snapchat_0.png
194 KB, 800x799
Hello I'm from france give me your snap for discover your culture, life, etc...(I know it feel freaky like that)
>>
>>1071893
I'd give you mine but I'm French too
>>
>>1071893
Don't have a snap, but you could use this very forum to post questions, answer questions, etc. Might be fun...

I've been to France a few times, but only really spent time up in Berck sur Mer. If I get back, other than Paris, what is the one place in France I should be sure not to miss?
>>
>>1071958
>only really spent time up in Berck sur Mer

I guess that's your photo then ? >>1071746

I'm not OP I'm the other French, what kind of things do you like most ? Castles, hiking, wine, food, History in general ? I'd be happy to give you some place to go but there are so many things to do I'm asking for more precisions first
>>
>>1071963
>I guess that's your photo then ? >>1071746

Yes, well spotted. Been up there for the kite festival a few times -- widely considered the best in the world.

> what kind of things do you like most ? Castles, hiking, wine, food, History in general ? I'd be happy to give you some place to go but there are so many things to do I'm asking for more precisions first

Yes, of course, I was just curious as to what a French poster would say to that question with no guidance from me.

But to reply to your question, I would be interested in ancient or modern history (not so much the stuff in the middle, knights and all that don't do it for me), spectacular scenery, quaint villages, maybe a beach or two...
>>
File: Roman theatre_Orange.jpg (948 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
Roman theatre_Orange.jpg
948 KB, 1280x700
>>1071964
> I was just curious as to what a French poster would say to that question with no guidance from me

Ideas were kinda of rushing in my head so rather than make a 2000 caracters long post about why I love my country I decided to ask

>Ancient or modern history

Well I know dozens of medieval castles, cities, cillages etc but no problem I can deal with other times too
Around the Mediterranean coast would be a good choice for that, there a lot of Roman remains
-the Pont du Gard, the highest Roman aqueduct of the empire
-Very well preserved arenas in Nîmes and Arles among other
-Roman roads still in place
-Some villas with mosaics still in place
-The amphitheatre of Orange, among the world's best preserved
-The theatre of Vaison-la-Romaine too, 6000 places still intact
Well you get it, I could list more

Also Greek remains:
-Ancient city of Glanum
-A lot of Greek artefacts in museum
-Several cities founded by them

And even if you aren't interested in the Middle-Ages history itself I still recommand visiting Carcassonne, it's really impressive

I'll make a second post concerning sceneries and the rest
>>
File: Forêt de Brocéliande.jpg (305 KB, 830x557) Image search: [Google]
Forêt de Brocéliande.jpg
305 KB, 830x557
>>1071971
Oh and also forgot to mention even older remains: the Celtic ones
The Lozère department has a lot of menhir, and some dolmens too. However if you are into that I recommand Brittany. Largest erected stone gathering in Europe (Carnac), and tons of menhir, dolmen, cromlech. It isn't history as much as it is legend but it still counts.

Obviously if you love museums, Paris is the place to go. The Louvre of course, you'll see things from every time and every country in the world. The museum of the Quai Branly is very nice too in that regard, it is full of artefacts from less known cultures (from Africa, the Australian aboriginals etc)
>>
File: Orange théatre.jpg (837 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
Orange théatre.jpg
837 KB, 1280x700
>>1071971
"fun" fact it is still used

Also sorry OP to hijack your thread but hey this way it stays up
>>
>>1071893

jyesh

Feel free to add me lads, I'm currently in Africa.
>>
>>1072012
Alright I sent you a request
>>
Snapchat is for 12 year old girls you pedos.
>>
>>1072065
>implying I'm not a pedo
>>
Davefuck69

I live in Canada.
>>
>>1071893
montre tes seins
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.