[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
safety in Colombia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Colombia.gif (44 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
Colombia.gif
44 KB, 550x413
Hi

got an internship offer in bogota and im wondering if its worth it or too dangerous ? im a white female
>>
If the opportunity is good then it's worthy; Bogota is a first world city for the most of it and unless you wander into the slums there is no danger.

A lot of people is white there so you won't stand out as much as you think, plus Colombian women are extremely hot so that will make it easier for you as well

You will obviously have to learn the precautions needed to prevent pickpocketing, muggery and other wonderful experiences normal in most Latin American countries
>>
>>1071407
Thanks for the reply
the "most dangerous" country i've been to so far is Nicaragua. How would the situation compare with colombia?
>>
>>1071430
Bogotá is much safer in my experience, I don't know about other cities in Colombia but I've never heard bad things about them
>>
What are you guys smoking? Bogotá is terrible everytime I have had to go there it has not been a fun time. The weather by Colombian standards is very bad. Always feels like Autumn. Transmilenio is terrible if you need to get around and the city is so big taking a taxi will cost you a lot of money. Bogotá has the highest robbery rate in the country and if you do not speak the language you will be a target. Just don´t speak English much and you should be fine.

I am from Armenia before anyone asks.
>>
>>1071474
well, I guess might experience was different

I have been twice in Bogota and both were good experiences, but I never used the public transportation system

I did walk a lot at night coming out of nightclubs and there was no issue, nor I was warned by my coworkers not to do it
>>
Hello. i am Colombian and I have traveled to many countries in the world. You just have to take the normal precautions you should take in any foreign other than their own country.

I can personally help you with more detallda tourist information and assist you in matters of housing and plans, so I solicitas.Pero if you can read a bit in the official website of tourism in the country: http://www.colombia.co/en/
>>
>>1071474

I'm white and don't speak Spanish and absolutely loved Colombia and Bogotá in particular. People were very friendly, especially in the capital. I didn't have any crime problems, but you do have to be street smart and aware. I used EasyTaxi to secure most of my rides after purchasing a Colombian SIM.

I know a few people who got mugged there and in Medellin, but usually they were drunk or being stupid. However, I remember one girl who's from India who was living in Bogotá who said she was robbed at knifepoint on the Transmilenio twice in a year.
>>
up
>>
Every Colombian I've met has warned me to avoid Buenaventura at all
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.