[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking Visa. let's say i want to go from france to bali
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1438949164454.jpg (14 KB, 450x307) Image search: [Google]
1438949164454.jpg
14 KB, 450x307
Fucking Visa.

let's say i want to go from france to bali indonesia, on a bike. and avoiding russia obviously because they dont let anyone in.

do i really absolutely need to have valid visa, or i can just go and see if i can avoid control.

i really dont want to waste time and money on this feodal shit.

any experience with that ?
>>
>>1071046

bump.
>>
>thinking you're some special snowflakes that can avoid international law
>bumping on /trv/ after less than 12 hours

I suggest killing yourself desu senpai

sage
>>
I think about this a lot. I'd skip Russia if I did it. I'd go through Turkey instead, through Georgia and Azerbaijan and take a boat across the Black Sea. The Azerbaijani visa is apparently a motherfucker but on a bike you could probably do the country quickly with an easy transit visa. Once across the Caspian I'd land in Kazakhstan. As an American I can travel through Kazakhistan visa-free. Then I'd see Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan before entering China (which is another pain in the ass visa-wise, I dunno why you're singling out Russia)
>>
File: 1231235.jpg (27 KB, 228x226) Image search: [Google]
1231235.jpg
27 KB, 228x226
>>1071046
>avoiding russia obviously because they dont let anyone in.
>do i really absolutely need to have valid visa, or i can just go and see if i can avoid control.

sage goes in all fields
>>
Visa is just an international agreement that documents who you are. That way they know where to send your dead body and who to send the bill to... Russia is an awesome county. Vissit it!
>>
>>1071244

i had something similar in mind, i just want to avoid russia because it would takes 6 month to get a fucking visa just to have 10 days inside. i would really really love to visit russia.

>>1071246
i think country like turkmenistan or mongoly care less about checking every entry than russia.

>>1071226
>thinking you're some special snowflakes that can avoid international law

i'm gonna be evicted from my place in 2 month, i have 3Keuro and a bike, i wish i was rich like all of you, that way i would take time to prepare and get valid visa like a good citizen.

i need to go to Bali because my brother lives here, with 3K i could buy a direct fly ticket, or just go for the big adventure, but i really dont feel like paying money and doing tones of paperwork for 8 month just to cross a country in less than 10 days.

cant i just go as a hippy citizen of the world bullshit and make my way to indonesia, that's my interrogation.
>>
>>1071298
>cant i just go as a hippy citizen of the world bullshit and make my way to indonesia, that's my interrogation.

No.
Now that your question has been replied, other ones?
>>
>>1071298
>paying money and doing tones of paperwork
>hippy citizen of the world
Nice. Not sure if trolling. Getting the proper visas would be the easiest part of this journey.
>>
>>1071298
>implying you can get in to turkmenistan
>>
>>1071394
I think he is just an unrealistic kid who has no idea of the world outside of his country. He wants to have an adventure and he should but he has to know that his adventure is going to end at the first border.
>>
>>1071298

I hope you realize that:

a) There are flights to Bali for well under 3k no matter where in the world you live (unless you are on a remote pacific island requiring charter planes); and

b) The weeks of travel it will take you to make your trip combined with the visas is going to cost you over 3k

solution: After about 5 seconds of searching, I found a flight that leaves tomorrow from Paris to Bali for 500 euro
>>
>>1071302
Looking at that map the only place you need a visa before arrival is Azerbaijan, then just get a ferry into Kazakhstan.

North Pakistan might be pretty rough though and you can't cross into India in the north. Also the most southern part of Thailand is under marshal law and might be dificult.
>>
>>1071302
That's neat. Got anything similar for Europeans?
>>
>>1072143
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_European_Union_citizens
>>
>>1072179
Thanks mate.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (456 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
456 KB, 1440x900
>>1072179

so basicaly if i follow this path i could actually juste make each visa border after border and ride across each country, no preparation needed.

am i correct ?
>>
>>1073285
In theory, yes. But I would advise you to reconsider cycling through Balochistan and Pakistan.
>>
>>1073296

yep it sounds pretty stupid indeed. i'll check some site to see which road and what region to avoid.

or i'll try to get a russian visa for like 60 days and go from kazakhstan to india, i would totaly prefer avoiding middle east in our current time and being french.
>>
>>1073301
I seriously advise you to read up on geopolitical issues in that region. Your plan B would involve cycling through Kashmir. One of the - if not 'the' - most fortified borders in the world. Not to mention that you'd also have to go through Afghanistan, and that's not a good place for a French guy to be right now.
>>
>>1073303

what would you think would be the most pleasant path without looking too much into it ?

because at some point i will be at risk from any path i take, and i'll be on a motorcycle not a bike, i mean if i just stop in peacefull place, avoid big city and dont make myself too noisy it should be ok right ?
>>
>>1073307
I'm not sure what I'm reading from you, but if you are really saying "I want to travel through a dangerous part of the world without looking into what's going on< maybe you need to put this off for a few years...
>>
>>1071298
I don't know your nationality, but I'm from western Europe, and I visited Russia two years ago. The visa process was pretty straight forward. A bit of paperwork, and including my own procrastination and the week it took the embassy to process my application, it took me three weeks from I started till I collected the passport with a dual entry, standard 1 month tourist visa in it. I don't know why Russia is the prime example of red tape, I can name at least 10 countries off the top of my head that are a lot more difficult when it comes to visas.
>>
>>1071046
the russky visa isnt a big deal just pay about $150 and you get a business visa through a visa agency for 1 year.
then you automatically get access to many central asian countries.
>>
>>1071298
>i think country like turkmenistan or mongoly care less about checking every entry than russia.
Turkmenistan - a literal Stalinist dictatorship which only allows entry with official invitation, requires tourists to be accompanied by a official chaperon at all times and has regular document checkpoints on all major roads for locals and foreigners - will definitely let you cycle about as a hippy citizen of the fucking world.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.