[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I am a Brit wishing to live and work in Argentina. At the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: argentina-crop.jpg (206 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
argentina-crop.jpg
206 KB, 1500x1500
So I am a Brit wishing to live and work in Argentina. At the moment my Spanish is non-existent, but I'm starting to take up a language course.

Anyway, I was wondering what opportunities are there for Brits. I have a Bachelor's degree, and currently work in Banking. I don't have much experience with regards to travelling, but as a country Argentina has always appealed to me.
>>
>>1070785
I think you might want to visit the country first before you make a decision like that.
>>
>>1070785
Argentinians don't like British much -- that whole Falklands thing. Unless you're a real masochist (or an idiot, which you may be judging by your post) Argentina probably isn't the smartest idea.
>>
>>1070785
Why the fuck would you want to live in Argentina?
>>
>>1070785
Go as a tourist first mate, see how things go. As far as I know they don't like Brits that much.
They even have funny sayings like “El que no salta es un inglés!”.
>>
>>1070785
pa k kieres saber eso jaja saludos
>>
>>1070785
You should try to go Chile, is more confortable than Argentina to a British and is almost the same
>>
>>1070995
Escribi bien, pelotudo
>>1071626
It really is not the same, if what you're looking for is a country to explore and whatnot, actually, naturally Chile is sort of shitty (in my opinion).

Now, if you're talking about just working and living in the city the same as in England, then yeah, go Chile, they like the English more, but in all honesty man, I am Argentinean and yes, we don't like so much the Englishmen, but as long as you ake yourself likeable and learn to ADAPT, you'll do fine.

And why are youa ll asking why move to Argentina? I lived two years on Manchester and one in London and I found it so god damned fucking boring
>>
>>1071718
It's wierd that the Argies are still so butthurt after all these years
>>
If you want to live in a corrupt hot country run by volatile Italians with a shit economy, then why just not move to Italy ?
>>
>>1071721
It's not about "after all these years man", besides the fact it was illegitimate (and you still get Americans who unlawfully call Germans nazies after all these years) it stillaffects our economy. Now, I don't give two shits where you're from, but I am going to tell you that's two of the reasons.

But eventually they'll come and go, and countries will disappear, and we will all realize that it was all extremely meaningless, as we are all citizens of Earth.
>>
>>1071725
Because our women are better
>>
>>1071726
Argentina has no legitimate claim to the Falklands but the Argies are always having disputes with neighbouring countries by claiming land as their own too.
But it's not me you need to argue with its the nuclear submarine that lurks to the east.
>>
>not living the full argie experience by going to Africa or Bolivia
>>
>>1070785
You are lucky because Macri is doing the right things. But at first, you can try to estabilish yourself as private English teacher.
>>
>>1070785
Go live on the Falklands, you'll get to experience how it feels to live in Argentina while still being in UK, in an unlawfully occupied territory thought.
>>
>>1070785
honestly, don't. just don't, that is my advice. you don't even speak the language. it's a poor, shitty country to live in; there are many reasons

best thing you can do is get some money together and go for a month or two. experience the places you wanted to go to. i don't think you'll want to stay much longer
>>
Argentina is a nice place to come as a tourist, especially if you completely avoid Buenos Aires.

Now there's really no reason at all why someone would want to move here coming from a first world nation. Go to some other European country instead.
>>
>>1072692
Disgusting
>>
>>1070804
This really isn't true. Most Argies (and I mean, off of /int/-tier threads) don't care that much. There is a widespread general belief that Falklands should be Argentine, but that's nationalism and brainwashing for you, the same way a lot of Chinese think Taiwan and everything little coral atoll in the Pacific should be theres too. Most don't really hold individual Brits up for this. Most also acknowledge that the war was a last-ditch distraction effort of the military dictatorship. Maybe, MAYBE, if you found a bar full of right-wing nationalist who are particularly buttsore, and engaged in English nationalism of your own you might have a problem.

Best bet? Just don't discuss it.

>Argentina
>banking
this made me kek though.

>>1072127
>nationalist irredentism is more valid than the will of local people!
>hurr durr imperialism BAD, except when it's Argie imperialism! Falklands ours! Patagonia ours! Fuck off Mapuche shits! Ours ours ours!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.