[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /trv/ going to toronto for 2 days in april. looking forward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Hi /trv/ going to toronto for 2 days in april. looking forward to the trip but i have no idea on what to do there, any recommendations? want to make the most out of those 2 days.
>>
Wish I'd copypasted my usual answer, this seems to be a recurring thread and usually even has the same picture.

Kensington Market by day, it's a vibrant hippy neighborhood that has somehow resisted corporatization and (to some extent) gentrification. Its the most authentic feeling bohemian type neighborhood in Toronto. Junction Triangle by night, its somewhat hipstery/douchey but its the busiest nightlife by night and theres a variety of pubs for all tastes. College Street has decent student pubs, its a good bet to get laid, it starts at university street with shitty student bars and the further west you go, the classier it gets. The annex has fun geeky stuff like Korean karaoke bars or board game cafes. Shakes and Lattes is a brilliant board game cafe but probably book a table in advance. Stay away from the "entertainment district", its full of douchey clubs spinning top 40 and mostly out of towners and 905ers go there. If you want something swanky, and pricy, yorkville has high end shopping by day, a few high class lounges by night. Queen Street from University all the way to Bathurst for anything rock or metal related.

The absolute best club in town is called Cherry Colas Rock And Rolla. You'll have to Google it as its got a hidden entrance. I can promise no matter what you're into you wont be disappointed.
>>
File: 4-650x405.jpg (78 KB, 650x405) Image search: [Google]
4-650x405.jpg
78 KB, 650x405
>>1070743
Pic related. You'll get laid, bro
>>
>>1070738
I haven't been back home in like 2 years so check that everything is still true lol. But as the other guy reccomended, Kensington Market is awesome. They have pedestrian days when cars can't go through and its super cool. There's a pub called Sin & Redemption in that neighbourhood that has tns of draught beers and its got a cool, dingy vibe. The art gallery and the rom (royal ontario museum) used to be free on wednesdays so check that out if you'll be there. Snakes and Lattes is super cool. I don't think you can book a table in advance, you need to call the same night you want to go and they will give you a time to come. Also hit up Dutch Dreams. It's a super cool ice cream parlor. There's a police museum on Bay street that's fun to kill some time at. The absolute best brunch ever in the entire fucking city ever is at Milagro. It's uptown but right at the Lawrence subway station. If you're into high class shopping, bloor is the way to go but its super swanky. There's a pingpong bar called spin on king street that's a little posh but still really fun. you need to call for a reservation though. I'd reccomend getting bikes for rent (if you can plan ahead, bring a bike lock so you can stop at places) if the snow is gone. They're really fun and you can view the city like that. And definitely check out Dundas Square and the Eaton Centre. There's always something going on and its an easy place to start a day at. Oh! and the best place to get food when you're piss drunk is at Mars Diner on Young street. Trust me. And its open 24 hours.
>>
>>1071119
>spin
Just a warning, it's not the same type of ping pong bar as in Pattaya.

I never got the appeal of mixing drinking and ping pong, but it's a classy joint and the choice hangout of the condo yuppies in that area. You'll have fun.

I agree with everything else (ESPECIALLY the bike rental) except for the buffet... if only because Yonge and Lawrence is way out of the way for you... it's a predominantly Jewish upper-class area with little of interest to see or do.
>>
Go to Montreal instead. Toronto is pretty boring.
>>
>>1071256
HOLY SHIT

Montreal Guy lives?
>>
>>1071134
Total hoity toity Ville at spin, I should have accentuated that warning a bit more. I used to go when it first opened so it was a little more laid back though.

And milagro isn't a buffet. It's a cool little Mexican restaurant that has an awesome brunch menu. That's an accurate description of the neighborhood, I wouldn't spend much time up there but that's why I said it's right of the subway. If you go, get a Mexican coffee (it has molasses and cinnamon) and they have morning potatoes with bacon that are insane.
>>
>>1071256
Montreal is boring as shit
>>
>>1071688
Canada as a whole is pretty boring
>>
>>1071256
objectively wrong xD
>>
>>1071698
Canadian... Can confirm.

Toronto is pretty boring for such a huge city.

.t living in Toronto for 20 years now
>>
File: 1408854533510.jpg (197 KB, 636x1092) Image search: [Google]
1408854533510.jpg
197 KB, 636x1092
>visiting Canada for the cities

will this meme ever die
>>
I spent 30 years trying to leave Toronto to live in the USA.

It boggles my mind thinking that someone would go to Toronto for the enjoyment of it. The place fucking SUCKS
>>
>>1072465
what do you like about your new city that toronto lacked?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.