[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I still go to Turkey?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Turkey-Flag-Map.png (48 KB, 2048x951) Image search: [Google]
Turkey-Flag-Map.png
48 KB, 2048x951
There was recently a terrorist attack in Istanbul but before that happened I wanted to go there and visit other Turkish towns/cities. Is it a good idea or no? Does this usually happen?
>>
>>1070023
Where do you plan to go?
> Does this usually happen?
As usual as in Paris I guess.
>>
It's several 1000 times more likely to get killed in a car accident. Even being struck by lightning is more likely. No need to worry.
>>
Don't visit Turkey, if you're european Turkey already visits your land. Just another muslim country, like France.
>>
>>1070023
People went to New York,Paris,Bali,Nairobi,etc after terrorist attacks. Go. You get a good deal on hotels.
>>
>>1070112

I'm an American.

>>1070051
The key city, of course, and maybe visit a couple other cities and towns. Stay away from the Syrian-Turkey border, yes?
>>
Stay away until freedom is back to the country..
>>
>>1070112
>>>/int/ pls go
>>
>>1070414
Yes, not just the border, stay away from towns like Diyarbakır and whatnot, Kurd populated cities to be exact.
>>
>>1070472

What's wrong with Kurdas
>>
Yes, go there. Just avoid towns close to the Syrian and Iraqi border. Make sure to not talk openly about politics, especially Kurdistan. Turkish people are very friendly and hospitable but some topics in their society are taboo.
>>
>>1070542
Nothing wrong with the Kurds, it's just that you might get hit by an airstrike if you visit their villages. There's pretty much a civil war right now between the Kurds and the Turkish government broski. Don't think that conflict will bother you much as long as you're in other cities, but you should do some research about the cities that you do end up going to.
>>
>>1070542
well, there is basically a geurilla/urban warfare going on in same parts of the country right now, between the army and PKK (Kurdish terrorist group)
>>
>>1070566
>in same parts
Kurdish parts, so as to not confuse you
>>
Go to Istanbul, by all means, it's incredible. And go to most of the rest of the country, other than the Syrian border or the far south-east. Check advice from eg the UK Foreign and commonwealth office.
>>
>>1070023

yes. istanbul is fucking awesome.

ps: eat bal kaymak for breakfast
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.