[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That KFC thread inspired me to make this one. When I travel I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_7241.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7241.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
That KFC thread inspired me to make this one. When I travel I make sure food is one of the main aspects of experiencing the different locations I visit. I've had some amazing food on my travels, dishes that I would never be able to try in my home town. I always try to eat as much local food as possible and often reminisce about the food especially if it's a cuisine I absolutely can't find locally.

The best food I ever had was in Mexico. I traveled around the country a couple years back and only ate Mexican food throughout my time there. I tried dishes from many regions I visited. Pic related, chile relleno I had in Guadalajara I believe.

What was some of the best food you've had on your travels? Which countries do you think have the best cuisines? If you can recommend some must try places please do, unless it's an obscure destination I'm sure there will be someone here going there and will enjoy the suggestion.
>>
This is not a very original opinion, but I nominate Vietnam for the world's best cuisine. Forget phó, those gooks can throw a quail egg and a handful of cilantro onto a hot plate on the sidewalk and hand you something wonderful. I've seen it happen.
From what I know of Thai food it's a real contender, so I should drag my fat ass to Thailand some day.
Sri Lankan curries were fantastic with all the little side dishes. I've never been to India for comparison, though.
When it comes to simple cooking, Moroccans can do more with meat, onions and potatoes than a chef in a British pub ever could.
Phó related
>>
File: S9B6OOUq.png (173 KB, 1590x1590) Image search: [Google]
S9B6OOUq.png
173 KB, 1590x1590
I puked up a fuck ton of Poutine in Toronto because drinks were cheap as hell.
>inb4 Toronto Poutine is shit
>>
>>1070011
>Toronto
>cheap drinks
does not compute

Poutine is the only good food we have but I only eat it a few times a year to not be a complete fatass.

>>1070009
I love Vietnamese food, definitely want to go there in the next few years mainly for the food. I haven't been to Asia yet but I can't wait as the Asian food I tried here in Canada is amazing.
>>
>>1070011
Same thing last New Years.

I was in Montreal, I ask Google what are the best places for Poutine (visit the Top Ten list) only had a few days in town, this poutine stuffing was followed and preceded by lots of booze

Let me tell you that was the most horrendous vomiting sessions I ever had. All dat rich gravy
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.