[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /trv/. I am thinking of visiting Beirut, but I was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: beyrut.jpg (242 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
beyrut.jpg
242 KB, 1600x1071
Hello /trv/.
I am thinking of visiting Beirut, but I was wondering if the conflicts that happened in the past years are still going on. How safe would the city be?
Also, how does visa-on-arrival work? Is there anything I should be aware of other than what the name implies?
And lastly, is there any other cities worth visiting in Lebanon? Would crossing to Jordan be worth it? How much would that cost me in addition?
>>
oh, one question I forgot: If there is a Israel stamp on your passport, you can't enter Lebanon. So I was wondering if the opposite is enforced too. Would I still be able to travel to Israel some time later with a Lebanon stamp?
>>
"You cannot enter Lebanon with a passport bearing an Israeli stamp even expired.

You cannot enter Lebanon with a passport showing that you enteredIsraelfrom Jordan orEgyptor showing that you left Israel to Leabnon via Jordan or Egypt." - Gaby85
>>
"Most people visitIsraelafter visiting Lebanon. You can enter Israel with the same passport you entered into Lebanon." -Gaby85
>>
I've personally been to Lebanon for 9 days. I went last summer, the visa is just stamped on your passport on the way to collect your bags.
>>
>>1069960
Ah, that's nice. So how was it? Where did you visit other than Beirut?
>>
>>1069754
>Would crossing to Jordan be worth it?
You know that there's no border between Lebanon and Jordan, right? You're gonna have to take a plane
>>
>>1070059
Right, I forgot "crossing" implies land connection in English.
>>
I'm also interested in visiting Beirut.

Can I have some feedback about how is it like beforehand ? Is it overrated, is it unique or just another mediterranean city that is accclaimed just because it's a functional city in MENA like Tunis ?
>>
>>1069754
Hey OP, I'm also interested in visisting Beirut
Can you share your planned itinerary?
>>
>>1070485
Well, I haven't made any serious plans.
I will take a flight to Beirut, and spend my first two days there. The following days I am planning to visit Baalbek, Byblos, Tyre and Sidon. Then Beirut again, spend a day or two there, and return.
As far as I can tell, unless you are shopping maniac there is no point staying in Beirut for any more than 3 days. There isn't much to see in the city, other than the city "itself".
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.