[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travel hacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: Keep your eyes on the groot.jpg (410 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Keep your eyes on the groot.jpg
410 KB, 800x600
Hi anons,

I really need to prove a point and I know that you are a good source to rely on!
What are the non-generic crap "hacks" out there for travelers?

usefull things like: charge your phono on a flight mode to charge it faster
or pillow case + puffy jacket = awesome pillow that you wont need to carry around..

Ideas?
>>
>>1069651
>Thirsty?
>drink own piss
>>
>get a longer EU visa by swimming to Lampedusa
>>
File: Bear_Grylls_Meme.jpg (285 KB, 580x645) Image search: [Google]
Bear_Grylls_Meme.jpg
285 KB, 580x645
>>1069660
>>
File: roflbot.jpg (85 KB, 468x520) Image search: [Google]
roflbot.jpg
85 KB, 468x520
>>1069695
>>
best travel hack: Don't look, sound and act like a tourist!
>>
>airport: overweight bag
If your bag is <5 lbs overweight you can try checking it in at the curb instead of at the counter inside. Sometimes, the handler will let it slide, or just make you take out one item instead of 5#s of stuff.

>airport: water bottles
Empty your water bottle prior to security, refill it at a fountain once you're through.

>airplane: special meals
If you are a slow and non-picky eater, choose a special meal option instead of a regular meal. It will be served before everyone else's, giving you more time to eat before they collect empty trays.

>liquid containers
Put a piece of plastic wrap between the cap and bottle opening as an extra preventative in case it opens and spills all over your shit.

more advice than hack:
>long layover
Use lockers to stow your luggage during long/overnight layovers instead of dragging it around. Usually when I'm only going to be in a town for a day, I will lock my bag at the train station and just bring a spare shirt and toiletries with me.

>tax refund
If you plan to make a big purchase, consider buying everything at the same shop so all your items benefit from tax refund. When I bought a Vita in Japan, I also picked up a case, screen protector, and memory card at the same time.

>pens
Handy to have in any situation, it always surprises me when people don't have a pen in their bag. You don't always need a pen but you always miss having one whenever you do.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.