[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fucking love Indian butter chicken >order it quite often
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 20
File: Maharani, Brisbane - Restaurant.png (2 MB, 1842x5295) Image search: [Google]
Maharani, Brisbane - Restaurant.png
2 MB, 1842x5295
>fucking love Indian butter chicken
>order it quite often from a local Indian place
>think it would be glorious if I found an Indian buffet
>google indian buffet (my state)
>there's one in a city that's a 17 hour drive from me
>fuck that
>look up flights there
>I could book a return flight there for $80 just for a weekend
>look at google reviews and at trip adviser
>mfw these reviews

The food seems to be steller but the conditions not so much, I kinda still want to go, what do you m8s think?
>>
I was thinking of either booking a hostel or couch surfing.
>>
>travelling to another city to eat a buffet

m8
>>
>>1069068
I know, but I really want to m8.
>>
>>1069066
You want to specifically fly to another city to eat butter chicken? M8, unless that city is London it's so not worth it. It's such a mediocre dish...
>>
>>1069071
yes ;_;
>>
>>1069066
Funny as fuck do it book a hostel fly there stay the night maybe two eat till you pass out then tell the qt3.14 of the epic food dragon you slayed the golden shit you laid proceed to lay every fair maiden in the watering hole after wooing them with your tale. Tip fedora. Come back home satisfied. Post back here your journey
>>
File: afvr.jpg (93 KB, 755x696) Image search: [Google]
afvr.jpg
93 KB, 755x696
what kind of a fat fuck does this
>>
Why don't you cook it yourself?
>>
>>1069066
Really, OP? Chicken?
>>
>>1069081
do this or die alone
>>
Mate, I really hope you go through with this and report on your travels. Fuck what everyone else is saying. Travel is what you make of it.
>>
>>1069103
w-what's so bad about chicken m80
>>
>>1069122
I'm probably going to do it, I need to get hold of a bloke on couchsurfing so I have somewhere to crash and hopefully I can get a lift there and back, I could pay for a hostel but I'm not keen on a taxi-ing everywhere. The buffets is only on friday and saturday nights.
>>
>flying to a city for the sole purpose of eating a butter chicken buffet
I feel like this was the plot of a Simpson episode.
>>
>go to the local restaurant
>order $80 worth of food
>have an all you can eat amount
>go home
>sleep in own bed
>take horrible shit next day
>>
>>1069066
Where are you from OP, Mel?
>>
OP just so you know this is the equivalent of someone from texas flying to north dakota to have some Sweet and sour chicken at a buffet
>>
>>1069175
Townsville m80
>>
>>1069177
Ok
>>
>>1069146
Not just butter chicken, I'll try everything I can, mild. I'm not a fan of spice.
>>
>>1069178
Ah yeah. I'm from Tas originally, live in Perth now tho.you should fly down to Brissy and get yourself a feed this weekend man. Stay at a hostel, check in on Friday and meet some people at the bar at the hostel, tell them what you're doing and see if they want to join you, good way to meet different ppl.
I stay in hostels all the time where I live, just for fun
>>
File: TOTALLYNOTME.jpg (168 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
TOTALLYNOTME.jpg
168 KB, 540x960
I live near Sydney, I'll fly up with you m8. I'll dine with you. I'll caress you. I love Indian.
>>
Follow your dreams, you glorious bastard. Be sure to post pics of your travels and the resultant shits.
>>
Such a glorious trip bro. We support your epic quest
>>
OP here, I'm retarded, Jetstar's cheapest return flights are actually $178, $89 to get there, $89 to get back. I was keen if it was just $100 or so to get there and back but now idk. I'm not cashed up.
>>
>>1069453
so really anon, how much do you weigh?

and tell the truth. we're all anonynous here.
>>
Do it faggot, who cares if the place is shitty, its a buffet.
>>
File: 5k.jpg (121 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
5k.jpg
121 KB, 720x960
>>1069459
I don't have any scales and I haven't weighed myself in a while but I'd say I'm about 128 kgs, at 6'4. This is me after a 5k last Saturday. My love for butter chicken overpowers the need to keep it healthy.
>>
I would learn how to make butter chicken if I were you senpai. I was able to get the taste about right on my 2nd try, but I had no food coloring so my food looked like shit.
>>
>>1069507
I've looked at recipes on how to make it, I'm not the best cook though and it seems complicated.
>>
>>1069507
>>1069509
You could buy tons of food and probably any necessary equipment by staying at home and trying with the money you would have otherwise spent on traveling.

Maybe you could try this:
http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016754-butter-chicken
>>
>>1069515
>recipe
This. Looks easy.
You could make the marinade in bulk and freeze it. Just don't reuse any, package in single meal portions.

The rest is pretty quick to do.
>>
>>1069515
Do I just not add the chilies if I want to keep it mild?
>>
>>1069526
OP here. I have a bad habit of eating everything I cook in a few meals one after the other, I'm a beast when it comes to eating. I've eaten a lot of food in on sitting many times.
>>
>>1069543
Check out >>>/ck/ for details but chillies are best handled by including flesh but keeping out the seeds. That will maintain the flavour but dial down the heat. Add as many seeds back in as you want, based on heat tolerance.
>>
>>1069544
You don't make the whole dish in bulk, just the marinade from the first step.

Also, take it to /ck/ for better advice.
>>
>>1069509
>>1069515
Youtue is your friend. I learned a few curries from there. The only complicated part would be buying all the necessary spices. It's really worth it to learn how to make a curry
>>
File: Untitled.png (974 KB, 899x520) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
974 KB, 899x520
What about using one of these? Would it suck as bad as just getting a store bought jar of sauce?
>>
1. Fuck everyone that says this isn't a good idea. Travel for any old reason? Your the only one doing it right.

2. And to anyone that is concerned about cleanlinesses of any Indian establishment this may seem strange but I have a strange way of judging an Indian places. The more I don't want to see in the kitchen the better I know it will taste.
>>
>>1069554
Probably not bad. I always keep Garam masala, chaat masala, tumeric, Indian chili powder, ground cumin and ground coriander on deck. You can really make a lot of curries with these and aren't too difficult to find.

If you don't have autism, cooking is really easy.
>watch a YouTube video
>do the same thing person on the video does
>????
>eat curry
>take a firey shit
>>
>>1069579
Yeah, I've recently begun cooking for myself too. It's not hard, just the amount of ingredients for a dish you find online can be retarded and costly.
>>
>>1069581
sometimes
>>
>>1069581
Given the amount of shitskins in Australia at the moment, you should be able to find all the spices you need to make a curry at a fair price.
>>
>>1069071
>London
London is a meme.

Only worth going to London if you enjoy watching wet Pakis.
>>
>>1069066
I approve. I think Aussies should do more in-country travelling and not leave their country, EVER. In fact, could you encourage the bogans up in Whistler to LEAVE so they can travel in their own country and far, far away from civilised Canadian folk?
>>
>>1070937
>h8ing on chill ausbros

What's wrong m8? Can't handle the bantz?
>>
File: bogan_th.jpg (37 KB, 648x365) Image search: [Google]
bogan_th.jpg
37 KB, 648x365
>>1070937
OP here, fuck bogans, we're not all pic related though. Some of us aren't piece of shit ice addicts and are actually good people.
>>
>>1071059
>bogans
Ah yes the rare Australian redneck, I've waited my whole life to observe one in the wild.
>>
>>1071085
You're not missing out m8.
>>
OP here, fucking hell. I just went to book flights on Jetstar and the site is fucking up, I called them and was told they could book it on the phone but it's an extra $30. They can suck my dick.
>>
>>1071647
Booked it, getting in at 10am Friday and leaving 6am Monday morning, I'll take some pics for you m8s. Shit's gonna be epic.
>>
File: 1442819528646.png (278 KB, 446x496) Image search: [Google]
1442819528646.png
278 KB, 446x496
I've messaged a bloke on couch surfing to see if I can crash at his and he hasn't responded yet, but I just saw you can post a public trip, you enter the date you're arriving and leaving and give a description people can read and decide if they want to meet or host you. I was filling it in but now I'm hesitating. I don't want to attract undesirables, I'm also a pretty quiet and introverted dude, but I can be pretty talkative and interesting if I choose to. Should I throw my hesitation to the wind and make the post, m8s?
>>
>>1071651
>Going for a weekend curry binge
>Shit's gonna be epic
Truer words were never spoken.
>>
>>1071663
do it, but make sure to mention the reason why you're doing this trip. People will either think it's b8 or they're gonna be impressed af
>>
>>1071667
>impressed af

I don't even know what the CS community is like, I haven't used the site since I backpacked through Europe like 5 years ago.
>>
>>1069468
>6'4

How short is that woman?
>>
>>1071689
Something like 5'1 I think.
>>
File: 5k.jpg (124 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
5k.jpg
124 KB, 720x960
>>1071689
This is me after another 5k, the weekend after >>1069468.

There's a free 5k held each Saturday and I'm planning to knock one out each weekend for a while.
>>
OP you are in inspiration
>>
>>1072736
Haha, I got hold of a m8 who lives there and is gonna tag along, it's gonna be a messy weekend. No one on CS is keen to host me it seems. My m8 is sorting out a hotel.
>>
Two weeks from today m8s. Maybe I should fast fore a few days before it haha
>>
you know you can buy the sauce in jars, broseph
>>
>>1072875
Did they decline you saying "no worries"? Weird.
>>
>>1073162
Nah, they replied saying they can't and declined which I said no worries too.

>>1073157
m8, I've done that before. It's fucking shit compared to the real thing.
>>
>>1069554
I ended up trying this last night, it turned out brown instead of red/orange and was kinda spicy, didn't taste like the butter chicken I get from the local Indian place near me. 10 more days m8s.
>>
>>1073157
Get out.
>>
OP you are an absolute legend. A "sick cunt" as your people say.

Godspeed, Anon. Please take lots of pics of the butter chicken.
>>
>>1074177
>didn't taste like the butter chicken I get from the local Indian place
The difference is an entire can of ghee.
>>
>>1074186
Cheers man, I sure will. I'll take pics of the entire trip. Hmm, I could look into getting a camera instead of just my phone.
>>
You realize if the buffet is shit you basically HAVE to fly to India.
>>
>>1074586
butter chicken is more of an anglo-indian dish. you won't really find it in india and even if you do it may be different from what you have at western indian restaurant
>>
>>1074615
>butter chicken
It definitely exists in India.

My Indian housemate loved it, said it was his favourite dish.

FYI OP, the Hindi name is murgh makhani.

Not that that doesn't mean that it's an Anglo dish but it started and exists in India.
>>
>>1074615
OP here, yeah man. You can get it in India, I saw this a while ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5MlJ3Us10k

Gordan Ramsey tries butter chicken from a famous restaurant in Delhi. I bet it's way different then the butter chicken I'm used to.
>>
>>1074586
Nearly every review I've read about it gives it 4 - 5 stars for the food m8. It shall be glorious. I'm psyched as. I've had a few people offer me places to stay off couchsurfing but my m8 who lives there which I'll be doing it all with is trying to tee up a place for us both to crash so I'm telling the blokes on CS that I'm keeping my cards open and will let them know closer to the date. My only real problem is the time I'm flying out Monday which is 6am, I might have to get onto one of them to give me a lift to the airport.
>>
This is my favorite thread. I fucking love when people do stuff like this, you have a goal, it's all yours, fucking own it. Plus I got a hearty kek out of this. I am excited for the follow up. You better keep us posted OP
>>
>>1074747
Hahaha these positive reactions are sick, I love it. I'm glad to see you guys being as into this kind of adventuring as I am. 9 more days.
>>
>>1074874
Nigger you better keep this thread bumped regularly or post another one when you get there, i swear if you don't deliver i'm gonna be so upset
>>
>>1071663
Brisbane cunts are usually pretty chill
>>
>>1075005
I'll definitely start another thread if this one 404s, I'll use this trip.
>>
Holy fuck m8s.

>create a public trip on CS a week ago
>no bites for a few days
>get a msg from this bloke, he hasn't filled in his profile yet though
>he offers his spare single bed
>ok, tell him I'm keen
>exchange numbers
>he deletes his profile after
>send him a text if it's still cool that I stay
>he makes a new profile and fills it in
>never mentioned previously that he's bisexual, likes 'adult movies (X rated)", (who the fuck puts that in their profile?)
>in the additional info section he puts
>This is a HOTEL STUDIO ROOM. It does NOT have any Kitchen facilities. There is a Microwave Oven and Kettle in the room. A pub/restaurant in the Hotel and many other eating/drinking places near by. There is an onsite Laundry.
I do NOT smoke. If you do, it must be on the balcony only with the door closed. There is NO SMOKING in the room or anywhere in the building.
The Single Bed is FREE. The CATCH is that I do snore a bit, so you will need Ear Plugs. LOL.

This bloke is a fucking loon. He lives in the perfect spot in the city though.
>>
>>1075051
He's gonna rape you
>>
>>1075053
I ain't no fuck boi, I'm a 6'4 giant man. He'll be in a world of hurt if he tries anything.
>>
>>1075051
That dude i a huge weirdo. I don't know what to tell you man.
>>
>>1075051
Mate you have to be desperate to stay with that dude. I'd rather fork out $50 for a room than be watching my bunghole all night.
>>
>>1075072
>>1075078
Yeah, there's no way I'm staying with that bloke. Another guy has offered a place, a real genuine stand up guy. He's a doctor with heaps of positive references.
>>
>>1075051
>I like nudity

If you want your trip to go down in legend, crash with this guy, OP.
>>
I msged that Indian cunt that I've found another place to stay and thanks anyway and he replies that there's something suspect with me and he's reported me to CS and the Police, haha. The fags just trying to get a rise out of me.
>>
>>1075233
Wow he really is fucking insane
>>
File: 1447735215890.jpg (43 KB, 879x539) Image search: [Google]
1447735215890.jpg
43 KB, 879x539
Decided to ignore trying to find a couch and just booked a hotel instead. It would have been easier to use CS if I was just visiting alone, but I'm tearing it up with my mate, getting drunk af and making a weekend of it.

I randomly got sent a dick pic and was asked to meet up for sex today. I rang the number and went off at the cunt and he blubbered that someone posted this number in the m4m section on Locanto.com.au, it's like an Aussie equivalent of craigslist. That gay Indian cunt did it and canceled service for his number.
>>
>>1075406
That's fucking surreal. Keep fighting the good fight, OP.
>>
>>1075406
Frodo, don't wear the ring!
The magical bling-bling...
>>
Anon i know the feeling. I also love Indian food. Once when i was living in China i was bored in August with nothing to do, so i checked where i could travel. Found cheap as fuck tickets to Kuala Lumpur and its curries and went there to spend a few days. I had already been there before so you could say that my main goal was eating curries.

I stayed at a capsule hotel and believe me, the whole capsule smelled like garlic naan after three days having Indian for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Go for it.
>>
I really like how this thread os developing. My favourite /trv/ thread in a long long while
>>
Another fag sent me a text today I rang the number and told him some cunt has got hold of my number and made that ad on locanto, I made him send me the link for it. I contacted locanto and requested for it to be taken down right fucking now, they've only got a web contact form you fill out and someone is supposed to email you in a few days. I'm thinking of just fucking this sim off and getting a new number.
>>
>>1075554
Stay strong op. What are your thoughts on Kashmiri wazwan?
>>
Just got a new number and booked for the weekend at a lush hotel in the city, this is gonna be sick.

>>1075629
I've never heard of it, m8, A quick Google search tells me it's a multi-course meal with traditionally 36 courses? Sounds glorious!
>>
>>1075640
For your next holiday you should make a trip up to Kashmir. Shit is legendary la
>>
>>1075649
True, I've been thinking of flying to America at some point and trying some of the massive meals, maybe hit up a few buffets. I need to research it, I shouldn't spend so much money just for a ticket to somewhere to eat food.
>>
Learn how to cook it yourself faggot
>>
>>1075678
I'm going to m80
>>
6 days away m8s, just jogged another 5k.
>>
File: poo in the loo.png (502 KB, 485x723) Image search: [Google]
poo in the loo.png
502 KB, 485x723
>tfw in Indian restaurant tonight with my dad
>based dad knows everyone in the restaurant business in my town
>talking and bantering with the owner who is Indian
>I ask him where the bathroom is and he looks at me, puts his hand on my shoulder, and says
>"there is no bathroom, you need to go out on the street"
> he then laughs and shows me where the bathroom is
>whole time I was thinking of poointheloo.jpg

Also OP I had butter chicken.
>>
>>1075851
>it turns out locanto needs police involvement in order to ban his account, I also know what he looks like and where he lives and a general idea where he works just quietly.
Unless it's a reverse-personal-army but I guess you'll find out regardless.
>>
Just 4 days now!
>>
>>1076447
You're a fatty.
>>
>>1076447
Geez, could have waited one day for Amazon prime delivery of some Sharwood's simmer sauce for the butter chicken (or some other brand). What kind of backwards world do you live in that this is cause for a trip. Learn to cook! I fly for free s an airline brat 3rd generation...but it'd be for something really delicious and special that I'd actually get a craving I can't handle in my own kitchen most of the time. NOLA for some checklist of items, a good dozen or so to tick off there, sojourn for outstanding BBQ of course, and I've hit up NYC for neighborhood favorites, from donuts to delis.I have favorites in all the major airports for connections snacks. Indian food is good, when you have a crowd and you can order a good amount for the table. But, a single dish you want? Cook it up, can even sprinkle it fresh cilantro, and bake some fresh kulcha.
>>
>>1076465
Nice blog post faggot.
>>
>>>>1076465
I'm learning to cook atm, I could cook butter chicken no problem if I wanted to. I'm not going on this trip just to try the one dish, of course I'll try whatever else. Also if you honestly think store bought simmer sauce will give the same flavor than actually doing it the proper way, you're doing it fucking wrong m8.
>>
I'm thinking of doing another 5k on the Saturday, there's a free parkrun held just down the road from my hotel. I'm keen to smash a huge amount of food at the buffet but diet and exercise is also important my friends.
>>
>>1077130
Dude based on your photos I'd be disappointed if you ate less than 4 plates plus dessert. Photos shall be mandatory
>>
>>1077163
Fo sho, and yeah man. I can eat like a beast if I don't limit myself.
>>
Good thread, good reason to travel. Better than faggots going travelling because it is what all their buttbuddys at uni do.
>>
Finally got to the place after a massive fuck around, managed to smash 2 massive plates, a fuck load of naan bread, rice, butter chicken and lamb korma. I didn't pace myself. Had a few beers and felt sick. Ended up throwing up round 9pm. Not sure if I'll return tomorrow night m8s.
>>
Round 2.
>>
>>
>>1077694
>>1077695
Damn that looks good.
>>
>>1077694
You got to go back. You went this far just to avoid a bout of vomiting?
>>
>>1077694
>>1077695
Noice. You better go again tomorrow night.
>>
Just getting there and back from my hotel is like a $50 trip, half hour train ride then taxi it. It's such a fuck around.
>>
>>1077694
YOUVE COME TOO FAR TO GIVE UP NOW

TAME THE BEAST
>>
>>1077696
looks delicious. im jelly. where is this?
>>
File: IMAG0234.jpg (3 MB, 4208x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0234.jpg
3 MB, 4208x2368
>>1078181
This was before the naan bread came out, it's in Brisbane, Australia.
>>
File: OSFirstTimer milf.jpg (899 KB, 1060x4282) Image search: [Google]
OSFirstTimer milf.jpg
899 KB, 1060x4282
I'm back home now, didn't bother going to the buffet on the Saturday, it was good food, but not orgasmic. It was too expensive to get there anyway. I had to walk the streets this morning at 3am to catch a train to the airport. I saw 3 homeless looking people and they all tried to stop me and hassle me for money. One faggot stood in my way a few meters away from me and put out his hand in a stop motion, I raised my voice and yelled "The fuck do you want"? Scared him a little and he tells me to wait and I just told him to fuck off and kept walking. I'll try cooking it now, should be pretty easy.
>>
this was the most australian thing i've ever read
>>
Holy fucking kek the amount of genuine surprise at the fact that the Indians running the place need to "improve hygiene". No fucking shit. Them and every one of them I've ever met.
>>
>>1070937

Fuck as if Canadians are any better, at least when you meet Aussies traveling they are up for it, Canadians are just reserved and care what everyone thinks of their boring ass country.
>>
I can't believe you traveled all the way there to eat food and end up throwing it up
>>
>>1078537
It was the alcohol I was also drinking, coupled with the massive amount of food. I was actually attempting a drinking game when I spewed, I don't normally drink. It wasn't a massive spew but it equaled a bad time.
>>
>>1078472
what the shit is this random picture.

looks like the problem was too much rice as well. cant eat carbs at a buffet.

well done anyway indianbrah sounds like a decent trip.
>>
>>1078564
Haha, it's this kids youtube channel and he gets his milf mum to help him make videos. Also, agreed about the rice, also the naan bread. It was delicious though.
>>
>>1078565
So all in all, was the trip worth it?
>>
This is one of the most pathetic things I have ever read. Even by 4chan standards.
>>
File: Capture.png (132 KB, 380x497) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
132 KB, 380x497
>>1078639
Yes, it was good to get out and travel a bit. I'm basically a shut in otherwise, but it fucking sucked that Marahani was such a massive way away from my hotel. It made it way too expensive. The hotel also asked for a $300 payment upfront as collateral for any possible damages to the room for the stay. It left me fucking broke, I only had $200 left.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.