[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever been to the Everglades?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Have you ever been to the Everglades?
>>
>>1068529
Yes, also to Myakka River State Park. What were you looking to do there?

Please don't say something stupid, like hike from one side to the other. You will die.
>>
>>1068726
i'm going to hike from one side to the other
>>
Yeah. Never saw something like that though. Didn't even know there were trails.
>>
>>1068529
>Have you ever been to the Everglades?
All my life, whatcha wanna know? It's worth a visit, but not sure if you want to approach from Naples or from Miami. It's quite easy to combine a visit to the Florida Keys with your plan to go, which I recommend as well. The right time to go is now....winter...dry season...Jan-Mar....animals will be congregated near the watering holes, from migratory birds to all sorts of reptiles and fish, and you're guaranteed to see the wildlife you want when you go. I've never seen a picture exactly like yours, but I know people are spooked seeing the walkway between the tower and the visitor center (7mi loop) covered by gators sunning on pavement. I recommend the tram to feel "safe" like that. But, in the winter they literally do line up on watersedge like that in many places, from teh side of the road (Tamiami Trail between Miccosukee and Cypress in a few areas), and even down in Flamingo entrance.

It's fun and thrilling, but don't take a airboat for wildlife watching, they're too noisy to do much for you in that respect, but they get you out in the expanse of it all. I do highly recommend approaching mangroves from the water side, though, whether a canoe or kayak, or maybe even the great Florida Blueway, a marked inland waterway trail up the west coast. For a bit of some swamp and old Florida fun, a lot of people take an outfitter down the Peace River, drop/off pickup. There's a lot of springs in florida which offer floats in limited numbers, with pickup service at the end too.
>>
>>1068743
What is the best trail?
Is the kayak ride too demanding? (My party has some older people)
>>
>>1068529
yes with some fan boat tour which was nice but noisy, also there weren't any alligators to be seen at all that day ;_;

I don't really think it's very special but I was there in June, also my travel companions were not ideal (father and girlfriend, creditcard got lost so I couldn't really leave venture out on my own)
>>
File: IMG_0370.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0370.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
yup, this dude decided to rest on our airboat. was there two weeks ago.
>>
File: P1000575.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
P1000575.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Yeah and I saw alligators on the side of the road while driving to Cap Canaveral
>>
>>1068743
I have this idea that gators are chill. Like if I saw a group like that and walked by slowly without causing a disturbance they'd most likely just ignore me right?
>>
>>1068529
I dont know why but this thread feels like a deja vu
>>
>>1068961
>I have this idea that gators are chill. Like if I saw a group like that and walked by slowly without causing a disturbance they'd most likely just ignore me right?
No, they aren't anything at all predictable or intelligent. They have tinytinytiny brains, and pretty much no higher thinking. It's simple instinctual actions only, and absolutely no conditioning or trainable or common sense behaviors whatsoever.
>>
>>1068948
I like that pic.
>>
File: P1000573.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
P1000573.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>1068990
It was a pretty god trip
Shame I was only 13y.o I'd be way more interested now
>>
>>1068999
Hey, you ain't deadyet, go back again.

I enjoyed the space center in Houston, too.
>>
>>1069002
Oh I will
I live in France tho so as long as I don't have enough money I'm simply travelling Europe
>>
>>1068969
probably that thread where the guy was camping in the everglades and someone stole his gear and he didn't know how to get back to civilization.
>>
>>1068961
try it!
If they're hungry they can easily out run you
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.