[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christchurch (NZ)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 4L_XzMN5gS3.jpg (75 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
4L_XzMN5gS3.jpg
75 KB, 512x384
Guys I'm running out of stuff to do in Christchurch and am currently just sitting bored in my hostel, deciding whether I should read or write. What is there to do here? Any recommendations?
>>
File: Varg laugh.gif (1 MB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
Varg laugh.gif
1 MB, 500x290
Christchurch what a name!
>>
>>1068365
When I was there a few years ago there was a semi-decent museum, but visit the tourist info center. There's plenty of things to do in the surrounding area and they tend to have good knowledge of everything at reasonable rates.
>>
Do Ferrymead Heritage Park.

It's an elaborate outdoor history museum, including a old timey electric tram and also a separate steam train. One of the steam locomotives is the oldest working example in the country. The tram also has an extremely rare steam tram that is used on occasion.
>>
>>1068365
Do you have to stay in Christchurch? Go to the North Island desu.
>>
>>1068365
Drink a lot? Those container bars are pretty fun and there's a craft brew scene that's somewhat vibrant

Also I'd head to Arthur's pass if you can that place is the tits for walks or mountaineering if you partake.
>>
>>1068365
Hope that the city is built up after the double punch earthquake.
>>
>>1068365
>Christchurch
Leave. There's nothing to keep you occupied for more than a day.

>>1069719
Was there a year and a half ago. Pretty much a construction site at that point. Quite a bit of construction going on, many buildings still had to be torn down, the occasional rubble that hadn't been cleared due to insurance policies I presume, stretches of barren land where buildings used to be, scaffolding left and right - you get the picture. Some of that has probably changed, but I doubt it's back to pre-quake at this point.
>>
Heya Christchurch, how's your new years?
I'm from Auckland and moving to Waiouru when I'm 19. You should come hang with me. Also stop shagging the sheeps ya cunt
>>
File: DJK5nVt.jpg (3 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
DJK5nVt.jpg
3 KB, 500x374
Guess this will be the best place to ask these questions without starting a new thread...

I'm turning 25 this year and feel like I've done nothing with my life (visiting a few major capitals of Europe aside). My best mate just moved to NZ for a year on a working holiday visa, and it's motivated me to do the same. I'm working things out at the moment (I won't be able to afford it for at least 9 months anyway), and I'm looking for some general advice on travelling to NZ in general, but in particular:

>How much would I realistically need to live on?
I'm used to roughing it most my life, so bare bones would suffice. I'm thinking £250 p/m (not including accommodation) but that might be completely laughable.

>How easy would it be to get work?
I've looked into volunteering and work exchange stuff, but how easy would it be to pick up say, bar/kitchen work, labouring work (hold a UK CSCS card if it's any help), or just shit entry level work in general if I need money for a month or so.

If anyone could give me any advice, I'd appreciate it, especially anyone living in NZ at the moment.
>>
Dude I am originally from Auckland and I was in Christchruch from Jan-15 to Jul-15.

Everybody was against my idea to move to Chch. Now I kind of agree with them. Chch SUXXXXX!!! Nothing to do there ...

Only good thing about that city is that u can take ur car and drive to awesome places like Lake Tekapo and stuff.

I feel you brother.
>>
Weed hookups in Christchurch? Bored af here
>>
>>1068365
Take an overnight trip to Greymouth, maybe see a glacier, go 4x4ing, stuff like that.

Take a day trip down to Akaroa and see some dolphins and have french food.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.