[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving to EU from US
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: images.png (7 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7 KB, 199x253
I am currently 19 studying computer science looking into either networking or information security. It has always been a dream of mine to move to Ireland not just to leave the US and never look back but to also embrace the culture and experiences available. What are some tips and needed information on moving to Europe from the US?
>>
Ireland is saturated with comp. science majors. Especially after Lisbon and even moreso now that Germany essentially own us. Not impossible to get a job in comp science here but it's competitive.

Best advice if you plan on moving here for some reason? Don't go around telling everyone that you're american or your great grandad was Irish or some shit. It just pisses people off. Especially if you go to the wrong part of Dublin or venture out of the tourist zones.
>>
irishfag here

I'll swap with you senpai, I need to get out of here
>>
>>1068489
i've always kept to myself and take no pride in being american so maybe thats a plus haha
>>
>>1068526
Well if that's the case you should be fine. It's a cultural thing to be modest and downplay yourself/brush off compliments.

Which county you thinking of moving too?
>>
File: build.png (258 KB, 435x465) Image search: [Google]
build.png
258 KB, 435x465
>>1068291

>tricolour on my northern ireland
>>
>>1068535
preferably dublin since it probably has best chances for jobs
>>
>>1068291
North Dublin is pretty nice. Where I live is perfect really. Gonna hate moving away.
>>
>>1068291
Don't come here during 2016 we're getting a bit too excited about killing some Brits
>>
File: Passport.jpg (29 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
Passport.jpg
29 KB, 650x488
If you have at least ONE Irish grandparent you are entitled to Irish citizenship and therefore a passport to live anywhere in the EU.

Yes you read that right. Even if you've never set foot in Ireland, don't know the first thing about the country and your last name is Kawasaki you are eligible for Irish citizenship if you have an Irish-born grandparent. I always encourage white Americans to look into their family tree and apply. We could use more whites to strengthen the race.
>>
>>1068489
>>1068498

Peruvian newfag here

Tell me evrything I need to know before travel that country. By that I mean culture, people, space everything.
>>
Just about to finish up in dublin after 6 months. I honestly have no idea why anyone yerns to move here. There is nothing fairytale about the place, it's just a regular western city.
>>
File: CEF_E199.jpg (56 KB, 576x681) Image search: [Google]
CEF_E199.jpg
56 KB, 576x681
ARE YE HAVIN' THAT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pua6Kc6qI14
>>
>>1070163
Ah yes, but you see, it is a regular western city in the middle of Ireland,
>>
>>1069336
aint that some shit..
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.