[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /trv/ I've been thinking of having a coast to caost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: beard.jpg (43 KB, 625x418) Image search: [Google]
beard.jpg
43 KB, 625x418
Hey /trv/ I've been thinking of having a coast to caost roadtrip in the states. Has anyone here done that? How much would it cost for a 1-2 months trip including car rental, gas, motels, meals?
>>
>>1068229

$3,000.
>>
>>1068229
$3,000.01
>>
>>1068229
>I've been thinking of having a coast to caost roadtrip in the states
No one does that (with any sense).
You tour the west coast, or the east coast, or you explore a region like the southwest, or the South, or New England, but you don't enjoy cutting cross-country. Fact.
>>
>>1068260
I'm with this guy. With the exceptions of Chicago, Colorado, San Antonio and Austin, there is nothing worthwhile in the middle of the US. It will take 2-4 days of driving through boring, flat, unremarkable scenery to get from one fun spot to the next.
>>
>>1068271
>there is nothing worthwhile in the middle of the US
Louisiana? Montana? The upper peninsula of Michigan? Arizona? New Mexico? Utah? Wyoming?
>>
>>1068250
>Closest without going over.
>>
File: Ho211Ii - Imgur.png (653 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Ho211Ii - Imgur.png
653 KB, 720x960
>>1068229

I'm doing roughly the same thing is summer except I'll be on my motorcycle. I've banked about three months of personal time at work so I'm ready for an experience. I'm going to budget about $3000.02 for everything needed.

>Tent/Campground
>Gas
>Food
>Ohfuck.jpeg fund
> Spending money

I doubt I'll need it all but I plan on taking my time. The furthest I've even been on my bike is a trip from Michigan to the Florida Keys and I took my time (about a week).

Pic related: Florida coast. Left most of my gear back at the campground.
>>
>>1068290
you are going to need a map to locate the middle of the US.
>>
>>1068319
You're going to need to define "middle" if you don't think Louisiana and Michigan are included.
>>
>>1068307
What gear do you take with you? Want to meet up somewhere on the west coast when you're out here? I'll be riding around on my bike in the summer as well.
>>
Maybe it would be more helpful if we list the states that are the least worth visiting.
Kansas
Montana?
New Mexico
>>
File: IMAG1194.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1194.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>1068307
How much gear do you carry with you?
Same plan this summer, pretty much the same bike
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.