[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone immigrate to UK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Uk_union_flag.png (140 KB, 2400x1579) Image search: [Google]
Uk_union_flag.png
140 KB, 2400x1579
>be me Canadian
>almost done double major in forensic sci/french
>want to master's abroad
>maybe somewhere in UK

So obviously you would need a student visa to do a memster's abroad. Now say for example I wanted to get into policing in the UK, would I be able to get a work visa? Looked up the requirements for policing, commonwealth citizens are allowed as long as they have have a visa. End goal would be to become a citizen.

Any help? Is this possible?
>>
>>1068146
yes, for commonwealth citizens usually there's not a lot of trouble. right now there's some discussion about this in british politics but i dont think they will curtail cmnwealth rights
>>
>>1068147
Is that the whole EU referendum youre talking about?
>>
>>1068146
>master's degree
>going into policing

for what purpose
>>
>>1068253
I was wondering the same thing when I read this. Police aren't exactly known for booksmarts.
>>
>>1069045
Maybe OP is going for RCMP?
>>
Being a commonwealth citizen you can join the armed services. Try the military police and do three years, then get out and join the civilian police.
>>
>>1068146

I came last year. American here on a Tier 2 work visa.

I have a friend who came and got her masters and phd in archaeology. She had to leave because she couldn't find a permanent job that paid the minimum required for her visa. Her work is all piecemeal and on short contract but she makes more than the minimum but because it's not a permanent contract, it doesn't count.
>>
>>1068156
no as commonwealth isnt in eu you moron.

theres no discussion at moment re commonwealth the poster was lying, there is discussion about immigration in general as the country is full...of scummy muslims and less worse eastern Europeans.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.