[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lol. This is probably one of the worse travel shows I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: streetfoods.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
streetfoods.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
lol. This is probably one of the worse travel shows I've ever seen. Everyone this guy meets just seems incredibly annoyed by him in mere seconds , and this guys "jokes" all fall incredibly flat.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 440x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 440x640
>>1067602
Havent seen that one.

But i raise you rev runs around the world.

Basically they go to amazing places and act mildly disfunctional and highly annoying.

The one i just watched they go to Switzerland and rev run decides to go on a diet as the whole family visits choclate shops and eats fine cheese and meats.

Also they are late for a boat ride and the boat takes off without them. Best part
>>
>>1067602
That dude on the right looks so fucking unhappy to be there lol.

Oh, btw, I don't suppose you know where I could get this image but without the words? I need a new dub-check pic and this looks perfect.
>>
I will never understand why people wear those fucking things around their neck

and that guy looks incredibly annoying
>>
>>1067602

It's better than that fat fuck bald ass American who travels the world and bitches about other people's food because it ain't American and familiar enough.
>>
>>1067602
He's so fucking obnoxious and i agree seems like everyone he meets is tired of hius shit in less than a minute
>>1067650
Andrew Zimmern,Bizarre foods guy?
>>
>>1067650
Bizarre Foods man isn't that bad, I enjoy his show. I just think he is slightly autistic , and he doesn't pick up social cues that his guest are projecting.
>>
>>1067650
I've never once seen him do that. His whole gimmick is loving everyone's food no matter what it is, eating bizarre shit and pretending it's the most delicious shit he's ever eaten.
>>
File: taradise.jpg (67 KB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
taradise.jpg
67 KB, 300x229
>>1067607
I'll see your rev runs around the world and raise you Taradise.

Tara Reid traveling the world and getting drunk.
>>
>>1067661
such as?
>>
>>1067650
Yeah Andrew Zimmerman has never done this
>>
>>1067609
Just make the image title "dubs-check-um-in-ching-chong" and you're golden.
>>
>>1067684
hey thx, good idea
>>
>>1067602
i hate him so much.
so so much...
>>
What is the undisputed GOAT travel show?
>>
File: depart.jpg (72 KB, 736x412) Image search: [Google]
depart.jpg
72 KB, 736x412
>>1067711
departures.

an idiot abroad if you want something more comedic
>>
>>1067711
anything with Michael Palin
>>
>>1067679
Maybe he is talking about a family member?
>>
>>1067734

This and then some. Love me some Michael Palin. So god damned 80s, but well worth the watch and read.

>>1067714
>>
>>1067714

The sad part is I consider An Idiot Abroad one of the better travel shows because the sad little orange doesn't have a fixer and doesn't hide how he feels about things.
>>
>>1067739

It's painfully obvious he is putting on an act, which is annoying. I like it and everything Karl does though. The latest season of Moaning of Life was pretty great though because it seemed like Karl was really enjoying himself and has stopped caring or being nervous about being film so he's just being himself.
>>
>>1067711
bourdain has really matured well over the years, his early stuff was too "weed lmao" "lets get drunk XD" "i insult people im so edgy".

Ever since he's been on CNN he's put a really good show together.
>>
>>1067742

Yeah, that is pretty nice. I think it helps that he has actually had some acting gigs as well, so he had to learn to be in front of a camera. Also, I'm pretty sure he has made enough money not to care anymore.
>>
>>1067714
What season are they in?
>>
>>1067742
>It's painfully obvious he is putting on an act, which is annoying
Nah. I think he really rather would be back at home, with his friends, his comfort foods, his clean apartment or whatever else. I've known a lot of people right out of his mold. I also think at some point, any trip can get old if you aren't in charge of your own schedule. Whether you're on a business trip, going and going, no downtime on a package tour, or you get a touch sick, and you aren't budgeting some spa time, or a sleep/relaxation day. When some people literally are torturing you, deciding how and why you do whatever you do at that given moment, it's pretty damn irritating. It's like being with your family you don't like with opposite interests to your own, or doing a job you don't like.
He does seem to find some of what he does interesting, but to put his ass in 3rd class on the siberian express, or on a tour bus with local chinese people out to the wall, where he simply had to sit next to the one retching coughing person on the bus, would have bothered ANYONE, no matter if they were paying the bill themselves and really wanted to do those things. He's more civilized than that,such that when decent 1st world people travel, they pay for first class not to be snooty, but because it's actually their class to be around people of similar hygiene. Those locals might not be traveling every single day, but a tourist gets aches and pains keeping up the marathon.
>>
>>1067743
>"i insult people im so edgy".
His show was always good. He never played the insult game, not even once to someone's face. He voiceover'd later during editing about how he'd rather stab himself in the eyes and go off a cliff if he ever ate iguana again, but he never insulted a person on the street that did something for him. He is an educated person from an educated family. Any edge he has is from your perception of him looking like an ex-rock star with a drug habit because he wears slim fitting shirts. He has professionally short and clipped hair. He doesn't have some beer gut, or stupid facial hair. He's clean cut. Your assumption he's not is projection and guesswork. He's a typical cynical travel writer, that just happens to like food. He's always been a writer first.

Years ago I saw him on the Cook's Tour book tour, just happened to catch him while I was waiting for a dinner date that night at the Metro in D.C. (Olssens was a good central meeting point like that). I was impressed with his humor. Not a stitch of a pretension reading his own words to the little group assembled for the signing. I've seen him dozens of times since, from Cayman to Miami. He has all the right friends, the kind of people who don't have time for disingenuous people, and he's had these friends from the very beginning of Kitchen Confidential.
>>
>>1067602
>fedora faggot

Not even once
>>
>>1067775
he's kind of a dick, i'll never forget the episode where he made one of his crew stay in an indonesian restaurant and clean up because the guy accidentally knocked over some plates. They could have easily paid it off, the guy just messed up. Plus he pretends to be a food expert or something and he just ate at waffle house for the first time this year? what a joke.
>>
>>1067770
Idiot Abroad had 3 I think (third has Warwick Davies, was shit)

departures. had 3, and then two of the guys (andre & scott) did an underwater diving show.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.