[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i'm going to cuba in a few hours. Has anyone else here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Flag_of_Cuba.svg.png (32 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Cuba.svg.png
32 KB, 2000x1000
So i'm going to cuba in a few hours. Has anyone else here gone and if so do you have any advice?
>>
>>1067472
They have rum in little juice box boxes. You should try that.
>>
>>1067474
It's basically juice box style boxes of rum. It's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>1067475
Unless you don't drink. In which case don't try that.
>>
>>1067476
>Unless you're boring
>>
>>1067472
Business or pleasure?
>>
I've been in la Havana this summer. Personally I was with a native who had an agency and he explained and showed me everything. It was super worth.
>>
Question: how good Cuba for permanent stay? I'm from [spoiler]Russia[/spoiler] and was wondering if you let me in, bros.
>>
>>1069497
How would you like life without internet? There is your answer.
>>
Grow up
>>
>>1069518
It's of no principled importance to me if life is good.
>>
>>1067479
You're so cool man.
>>
>>1068715
was there in 2012, had a little different experience. it was really annoying because everybody in this crowded hot city was trying to get some money out of us. i swear every 3 steps we took, someone was offering us something and not always in the nice way, sometimes very aggressive without distance. after 1 hour we already escaped again to our nice little tourist resort in varadero.... i guess thats what it is when a young german with his blonde gf walks through that city alone.
>>
>>1067472
I just got back to Cuba last week. Nice place, low crime and I really hope it stays that way and keep the sketchy fucks out.

Only advice I can give is BARGAIN. I don't care how intent some Cubans seem on a certain price they will go down if you don't play their game. Be verbal and hard about your price. Cubans assume everyone else in the world is rich and wipe their ass with $100 bills etc. If you told them you were an American and poor they would look confused and then just start laughing as if you had told a joke. To a Cuban saying "I'm a poor foreigner" is equivalent to saying "Grass is blue and the sky is green." it's an absurdity that does not compute with them.
>>
Cuba is awesome. I hope you can spend the most time in La Habana than in Varadero, because you have plenty to see in the capital. Keep in mind that Cuba is rather a poor place, so you'll see people in the street asking for random stuff, like tooth paste or shampoo. If you have one of those thing, give it to them. The city is very secure and clean, so its impossible to anything happen to you, if you keep everything in the legal path.

The Museo de la RevoluciĆ³n its a personal favorite, you'll like it if you appreciate history.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.