[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /trv/, first time here. I'm thinking moving to colombia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Hello /trv/, first time here.

I'm thinking moving to colombia for one year, maybe in Medellin or Santa Marta.

Any advice or story ?
>>
>>1067104
Santa Marta is only good for traveling, not for living, since it is considered a touristic city among everyone in the country. If you want to be located near the coast, I would recommend Barranquilla, although is not as "touristic" as Cartagena or Santa Marta, but it is considered as one of Colombia's Financial Center and is near both of them. For the same reason, it is rather expensive to live in the Colombia's Atlantic coast. Medellin, on the other hand, has a good cost of living index. Both, Medellin and Santa Marta, are foreign friendly so I don't really think there's that kind of barrier. As colombian, I must tell you though that people in the coast tend to take advantage of the foreigners (foreigners being all the people outside of the coastal zone).

Now, if it is something something related to how safe is the city, that's more about keeping your wits about you.
>>
>>1067404
This.. Coast is nice for vacations, but Medellín is best for living. Try to find a place in El Poblado or Envigado to be more precise, since it's quiet and relaxed.
>>
>>1067404
>>1068014
Hola amigos colombianos, soy de Perú y la verdad a veces le tengo cierto pavor ir a Colombia. ¿Qué tan peligroso es? Les cuento que ir al aeropierto de Callao, Perú es peligroso de noche porque asaltan mucho en la carretera. Será igual en Colombia?
>>
>>1068099
It is a matter of city/zone. You have to be as careful as everywhere else and know what zones aren't really friendly at a determined time of the day. As I said before, common sense goes a long way around here.
>>
I was thinking about going to Colombia, I want to go to the coast, but which one is better the east or the west? I've visited family in Mexico many times before so my Spanish is tolerable, but my gabacho accent is rather noticable. I was also considering Chile though. What would be better for a senior in high school? ( I was also thinking France-Netherlands but it's a bit out of my range at the moment.)
>>
>>1069275
Colombia has two coast, in the north bathed the Atlantic and the west by the Pacific. As long as Colombia goes, I would say if you want be somekind of safe and in a so called metropolitan city, the north coast would be better for you. Now, refer to >>1067404

The west coast isn't really foreigner friendly since it is full of afro communities, and the only big city near it is Cali.

In my opinion, you would be better off going to Chile as it is more foreign student friendly.
>>
>>1068099
Hola hermano!

Estoy pensando en visitar mi abuela en Peru, Lima, junto con mi novia ( de europa).
Como esta la situacion de seguridad en Lima? Sabes algo?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.