[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best hat for traveling that isn't a cap?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 11
File: cap-1_black.jpg (146 KB, 1344x936) Image search: [Google]
cap-1_black.jpg
146 KB, 1344x936
What's the best hat for traveling that isn't a cap?

Also, traveling gear general.
>>
File: 290440[1].jpg (396 KB, 1115x905) Image search: [Google]
290440[1].jpg
396 KB, 1115x905
>>1067093
>>
>>1067100
10/10
>>
A fedora
>>
File: cap.jpg (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
3 KB, 225x225
>>1067093
a cap
>>
>>
Big old women's sunhat.
>>
Hijab if you're going to western Europe.
>>
File: yarmulke.jpg (20 KB, 236x309) Image search: [Google]
yarmulke.jpg
20 KB, 236x309
>great conversation starter
>you enter every financial transaction with an advantage
>light weight
>covers bald spot
>local criminals don't wish to be seen as anti semetic and leave you alone
>>
File: Heavy_WorldTH.png (549 KB, 1191x759) Image search: [Google]
Heavy_WorldTH.png
549 KB, 1191x759
>>
File: 2zghfk5[1].jpg (33 KB, 541x811) Image search: [Google]
2zghfk5[1].jpg
33 KB, 541x811
Why are you traveling guys acting so defensive and insecure?

Afraid I might.........take yo' girl........?
>>
File: hatters.jpg (438 KB, 986x600) Image search: [Google]
hatters.jpg
438 KB, 986x600
Depends where you are going, what you will be doing and what are the reasons you want to wear a hat.
>>
>>1067177
>welcome to Iran sir, may I see what is on your head?
>>
>>1067177
>local criminals don't wish to be seen as anti-semitic

You sure about that, anon? :DDD
>>
File: bags.jpg (51 KB, 396x629) Image search: [Google]
bags.jpg
51 KB, 396x629
I wear a beige cap

A gear thread would be useful. What sort of day bag does /trv/ use?

I want to get a day bag for Japan/Eastern Europe, and I was looking at packable ones. I like having enough room to be out as long as I want and I'm not some minimalist who fears looking like a tourist and thinks they're really a local

This is packable into a 30x20cm bag but it also looks a little "it's good... for the price" but I can't find anything that does the same thing with the same features from a reputable brand

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Homdox-Ultralight-Foldable-Packable-Backpack-Durable-Daypack/dp/B017K9L5PW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8
>>
>>1067093
kek
>>
File: zz.jpg (51 KB, 853x878) Image search: [Google]
zz.jpg
51 KB, 853x878
I got a Craghopper shirt, vented back and colling collar and shit. I'm excited to use it

Any waterproof jacket recommendations?
>>
>>1067284
I wear a few of those while camping. Undo the top two buttons, roll the sleeves up to just below the elbow and they're pretty fashionable and comfy, too.

What sort of jacket do you want? Price range?
>>
File: jak.jpg (299 KB, 1992x1050) Image search: [Google]
jak.jpg
299 KB, 1992x1050
>>1067294
A few of my friends are into camping and I've gotten interested in the useful gear they get, even though I'm just gonna be travelling around cities and the odd trail

I got one for western Europe a year ago (on the left) and it's waterproof and breathable but it's a little thin, which is both good and bad. It was only about £30. I was thinking of an upgrade to something a bit heavier or with more features

That ones on the right's already thicker because it has a fleece on the inside, but it looks bit of a step up so I pasted it on

So I guess a bit more than the cheap starter on the left but not going over £50 or 60 as a max
>>
>>1067093
Where are we? Too close to the equator? Something with a large brim all the way around. Because being sunburnt sucks.

>>1067281
day...bag...? Don't your clothes have pockets, anon? Are we hiking through the wilderness? What do you need so bad you have to carry it around with you all the time?
>>
>>1067663
>What do you need so bad you have to carry it around with you all the time?

My camera. Stuff that's handy because I've got a bag for the camera anyway. Things I buy so I don't walk around with a plastic bag for eight hours.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.