[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm gonna be travelling through Belgium, mostly Brussels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Flag_of_Belgium.svg.png (7 KB, 1280x1109) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Belgium.svg.png
7 KB, 1280x1109
So I'm gonna be travelling through Belgium, mostly Brussels and Antwerp, in June and July. Also gonna go to Tomorrowland. What should I expect in Belgium? How's the party scene and hostels?
>>
Party in Brussels if you're cool.
Party in Ghent if you're alternative.
Party in Antwerp if you're a flaming homosexual.
>>
I'm from Belgium, region of Ghent! Where are you from?

First of all, good luck on trying to get a ticket for Tomorrowland, it's sold out in a few seconds every year. You'll have a great time but pack enough money because food, drinks, ... everything is really expensive at the festival site. Are you sure you want to go there? Dour Festival is way cheaper and my personal favourite, but expect some basic stuff and zero decoration BUT good music! Pukkelpop is also a nice alternative to TML and has superb organization. I went twice to those festivals next to many others.

Visit the big cities if you like culture and our medieval buildings. Bruges, Ghent, Brussels, Antwerp, ... Taste our chocolate, go to a small LOCAL "frietkot" where you can eat "french" fries (AVOID the ones in tourist zones because it's mostly foreigners or people who don't know how to properly make them properly)

We have nice forests and nature in the Flemish Ardennes (Vlaamse Ardennen) and the Walloon Ardennes. If you go to the Walloon Ardennes, get a kayak and go for a daytrip, you'll love it.

In Limburg there's a lot of nice sceneries with fruit trees and stuff. Highly suggest biking there.

I don't suggest visiting our coast, IMO it's boring and windery and our water is cold. You can rent a go-cart and drive next to our coastline.

I can suggest Ghent as a good place to party, but in the summer all the students are at home and the pubs in our famous 'overpoortstraat' are closes. The "Gentse Feesten" are attracting thousands of spectators every year and there's a lot to do (music, art, ...) so I suggest that!

If you want to know more I'm open to add you somewhere on social media en get you more info
>>
If you're interested in beer (which you should be), you should go to 't Waagstuk and Kulminator in Antwerp. Both bars are pretty famous worldwide. They both have a ginormous range of beers on offer. You could check out Delirium in Brussels, but there's an ungodly amount of drunk tourists in there, most of the time.
>>
Fuckin' Bruges
>>
Where are you from? Why the hell would you go to Belgium?
>>
>>1067377
Good point, you can see belgium in a few days, after more than a week you'll be bored to death :p
>>
>>1067188
Nice nature? The Ardennes are human planted conifers, it's fake and boring.
>>
>>1067250
I've been living in Kulminator's street for over 4 months now and have never been there. It seems so intimidating.
>>
>>1067188
Dour is a great festival indeed. Very lax organisation too.
only downside is that it's located in a shithole
>>
Miles and miles and miles of sex shops, betting stores and cheap cigarette outlets.
>>
>>1067651
Erasmus detected.

Intimidating? It's a 70-year old couple running the place. The woman is the stereotype of a sweet nanny (who has the most beer you've ever seen). The dude's mainly reading newspapers and sitting silently in the same spot he has been in for the last 10 years. I have never seen him sitting anywhere else, anyway.

Take a couple of friends there if you're uncomfortable. Apart from the hop hanging from the ceiling, there's nothing weird about the place.
>>
>>1067677
No Erasmus, just a normal Masters.
Yeah, I had heard an old couple runs the place. I just don't want to go in alone.
I'm planning to go with a friend there, it's just so out of the path. All my friends live close to the university.
>>
>>1067677
>>1067872
It's not that it's far, but all they want to do is go to de prof, waagstuk, ossenmarkt or carapils at a nightshop. Hard to convince.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.