[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I wear these shoes to go back packing through Europe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1452132479371.jpg (360 KB, 964x586) Image search: [Google]
1452132479371.jpg
360 KB, 964x586
Should I wear these shoes to go back packing through Europe?
>>
>>1066709
You already posted this on /out/ and /k/.
>>
>>1066709
I am a man of many questions
>>
>>1066709
Lol I wear my tony lama cowboy boots when I'm over there for work

Chicks love them
>>
What kind of terrain do you think of traversing and for how long?
>>
>>1066709
If they're comfortable, fit well, and don't rub, yes.
>>
>>1066709
yes, they are basically the perfect shoe.
waterproof/rugged, fashionable, and comfortable.
they are the range rover of shoes.
equally at home on the red carpet or in siberia.
>>
>>1066709
why not? theyre comfy af
>>
Yes. Just be sure to set the time machine to 1993 before you get in.
>>
sure, but break them in first
>>
>>1066709
No. Wear trainers. We have pavements in europe, you don't need boots.
>>
>>1067791
fashionable my ass, they're the most homosexual footwear there is.
>>
>>1067795
>>1068056
lmao
>>
File: Roamer Deserts2.jpg (35 KB, 550x450) Image search: [Google]
Roamer Deserts2.jpg
35 KB, 550x450
You can get cheap crepe soled desert boots for $40 / £25

An option for warmer weather, more comfy than those Timberlands
>>
>>1066709
Winter? Yeah why not. Summer? nope
>>
>>1069208

I'm not OP but I might pick a pair of these up for when I go to Russia in Spring. They look pretty /fa/.
>>
>>1068056
In what way?
>>
>>1069218
/fa/ggot detected
>>
If you're black, yes
>>
>>1069264

b-but i'm not a /fa/ggot i'm just /fit/
>>
File: the more you know.jpg (39 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
the more you know.jpg
39 KB, 500x330
>>1067910
>pavements
That, by the way, is European for "side walks."
>>
>>1070164
>/fit/
>those shoes
>not faggot
>>
>>1067910
>trainers
boring as fuck
>>
>>1067910

>representing your country by wearing Adidas or Nike
>>
>>1066709
New balance, vans slip one, sperry topsiders, red wing if you want to wear boots, maybe some sort of trail running shoe if you are going to do some light hiking. No need to bring constructions boots, dress shoes, full on running shoes etc
>>
wear hiking boots if you care about your body at all

Timberlands are way too bulky/clunky.
>>
>>1067791
yes if you are a wigger from 2006 they are completely fashionable and go great with silver chains, fitted baseball caps and oversized polo shirts.
>>
>>1066709
no. you might as well wear a GOD BLESS AMERICA t-shirt and carry around an automatic rifle in one hand and a hamburger in another. You will just look like a dumb unfashionable redneck and people will snicker. You think any club is going to let you in wearing work boots? GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER BETA

Look up Common Projects Achilles Low as a good starting point if you have $500 to spend on shoes, if you are a poorfag at least spring $150 or so for something that looks half civilised. Here's a good place to start.

http://www.selfridges.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/FhBrowse?freeText=EDIT+MW+SHOE+BSTSELLING&srch=Y&llc=dn

and don't even think about the Roshes
>>
>>1071037

hiking boots are just as bulky
>>
>>1071377

You're patently wrong.
>>
>>1067795
fucking looooooooooooooool
>>
File: E9lllck.jpg (467 KB, 2584x1788) Image search: [Google]
E9lllck.jpg
467 KB, 2584x1788
>>1071377

I have both. tim's are 4.1lbs. merrells are 2.1lbs. A pound per foot is very very significant if you're doing any significant amount of walking/trekking.

work boots are designed to protect your feet from work hazards/OSHA (steel toe, etc). the have virtually no padding. hikers are designed to protect your feet, and in turn, your entire posterior chain while you walk considerable distance.

they do have mountaineering boots that are bulky, but that's very different than your average hiker.

this is just advice. DO WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANNA DO
>>
I personally wouldn't. Depending how much you're gonna be walking in them, they WILL feel heavy after awhile. Go for Lowas they're around the same price range as timbs, light,comfortable, waterproof, and durable. Had them while I was deployed in Afghanistan and never had any blisters. Timbs, if not really broken in, will fuck up your feet. Again, depends how much you'll be hiking and walking in them.
>>
>>1067795
Fucking kek
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.