[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Copenhagen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 20150910_071043.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150910_071043.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
I'm considering traveling to Copenhagen in March or April. I've never been to Copenhagen or anywhere else in Denmark for that matter, so any tips would be useful. Best hostel to stay in, restaurants, sights, bars and so on.
I have spent some time in norway before, is the price range in Copenhagen as high as in oslo for example?
>>
File: 1444035521294.jpg (20 KB, 628x676) Image search: [Google]
1444035521294.jpg
20 KB, 628x676
Little cheaper than Norway, not by much though. Awesome night life, cute girls, and a suprisingly beautiful city. Would recommend.
>>
>>1066617

I'd be going with my SO who isn't into clubbing. Could probably talk them into going to a place with good music though.
>>
File: Tivoli-gardens.jpg (465 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
Tivoli-gardens.jpg
465 KB, 1024x681
Check out Tivoli Gardens in the center of the city.

It's one of the oldest amusement parks on Earth and its wood coaster is the oldest in Europe. It's so old in fact that a park employee has to ride each train and manually brake the train at key points in the ride. The park was also one of the inspirations for the design of the original Disneyland.
>>
File: 1433541348072.jpg (1 MB, 2000x748) Image search: [Google]
1433541348072.jpg
1 MB, 2000x748
>>1066736
Its a nice city and like most other european cities it has beautiful buildings and loads of history.

Among other things you should check out:
Tivoli Gardens

Christiansborg Palace

The Little Mermaid (She is little, and crowded by asians in the summer... But the old fort "Kastellet" is right next to her and she is located in a beautiful location.)

Amalienborg Palace (as seen in the pic)

Nyhavn

Stroget shopping street

Christiania

The National Museum

The Round Tower

SMK - The National Gallery of Denmark

Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek

Rosenborg Castle

Kronborg Castle (Its a nice castle surrounded by defences and it is featured in Hamlet, but you will have to go to Helsingor (Elsinore) to see it. I think its about 30 minuts driving.

Frederiksborg Castle ( Its a beautiful Renaissance castle and the grandest in Scandinavia, but it is also situated outside of copenhagen. It is located in Hillerod which is about 30-40 mins away from the heart of Copenhagen.
>>
>>1066616
We were in Copenhagen just before Christmas and I would agree with the recommends for the Tivoli Gardens and for the Glyptotek which is a brilliant gem. To eat we really enjoyed the Warpigs brewpub (http://warpigs.dk/) in the old meatmarket. Great beer from their own microbrewery and superb food. Not typical Danish but a sensible price and staff and patrons both friendly.
>>
>>1066616
Of the two I'd recommended late April then, springtime is best time
>>
>>1066616
You should visit 'Papiroen' aswell. Not far away from christiania and Christianshavn Metro. It's basicly a hipster foodcourt, but with reasonable prices and a nice location.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.