[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taking my wife and two young children to Quebec City in late
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Quebec City.jpg (8 KB, 461x109) Image search: [Google]
Quebec City.jpg
8 KB, 461x109
Taking my wife and two young children to Quebec City in late February. What do I have to do and see while I'm there (besides freeze my ass off)? Any great food that isn't hideously expensive?
>>
Why would anyone travel to Quebec in the middle of fucking winter? It's going to be terrible.
>>
>>1066754
He obviously hates his family and wants them to suffer.
>>
Going for work, and my wife has always wanted to go. We're not really bothered by cold.
>>
I don't have much to add except Quebec City is one of the most interesting places I've traveled. Historically it's beautiful and very unique. I'm sure your family will love it.

But seriously, I've been to Quebec in February and I didn't know it was possible to be so cold.
>>
>>1066933

you likely haven't experienced this kind of cold. It will be uncomfortable to be outside for over 10 mins
>>
>>1066601
There's a carnival there in February. Ice bars and strong red booze in little containers. Check Quebec tourism for the dates.
>>
File: tumblr_no24nxRYmJ1utwbx8o1_500.jpg (46 KB, 499x302) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no24nxRYmJ1utwbx8o1_500.jpg
46 KB, 499x302
>>1066601
>wife and two young children

Kek. Enjoy
>>
>>1066948
My wife's children visit their father in Minnesota for the holidays. They are accustomed to low temperatures
>>
>>1066601
St Joseph st and St Jean st.
You'll find much better and cheaper food there than in Old Qc and it'll be more fun. There's a couple neat museums too.
>>
Quebec City is by far the best city in Quebec (with the exception of Saguenay), Montreal is a completely overrated crumbling shithole in comparison.

2 hings I'd recommend are
1.Chateau Frotenac + the river boardwalk view, it's great in Summer but if you can stand the cold its fantastic in winter.
2.Musee de la civilization is quite good, I'd skip beaux-arts though, it was underwhelming when I went
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.