[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Curious if you've come here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
Hey fellow travellers, I've recently inherited a small piece of land and without going into details, I've considered converting it into an off the grid travel destination.

My goal is to have a couple dozen tiny homes / cottages, scattered over 30 acres of land with a focus on communal vacationing. All of the cottages would be basically cabins, no running water, limited electricity but augers for heat and outdoor natural showers / toilets at at least half the spots.

I know I'd go if somebody offered this, but I can't help but wonder if I'm just being stupid. Ignore the location etc, what could you suggest that would make it an interesting destination for you, as a traveller?
>>
Well I have always loved that idea. But keep in mind people won't want to pay to be somewhere without running water. Depending on the state the location is in you could collect rain water and naturally filter the water. Every cabin should have its own toilet and stand up shower at least.
>>
>>1066596

true, and thank you. the place I have is surrounded by campgrounds that sell out for most of the season, so generally people are comfortable with a less glamorous lifestyle here I suspect.

These are what I was thinking about for outdoor showers / tubs at some of the cottages, and a common room in the centre of the property, like a campground.

It'd be interesting to know how much the need for private toilets would impede people
>>
>>1066604
Okay I understand a little bit more now by what you mean. Like a campground. I thought you meant like a self sustaining outdoor motel kind of thing. I'm sure that will work if there are other camping spots around that fill up fast, not a shabby idea :)
>>
>>1066594
>couple dozen tiny homes / cottages, scattered over 30 acres

Too condensed.
>>
>>1066594
>what could you suggest that would make it an interesting destination for you
>tipi/yurt village with community center
>young persons homeless commune
>Chop wood, grow vegetables, farm animals
>nudity is the norm
>include psychedelic mushroom farming of the masses
>bonfires every night, holding hands, making music
>grow beard, walk around barefooted, have sex
>keep it populated
>>
>>1066698
>holding hands
>>
>>1066699
oh I guess you are too cool to hold hands...
>>
>>1066698
> have sex

well sure, that's just assumed (that's what the hottubs are for)

I've spent a lifetime in tech careers, and one of the thing that I know a lot of IT workers love is the idea of getting away somewhere basic. So yeah, a place to chop wood and listen to the birds. I already know mobile server is poor there, so really it'd be a get away from the world. Thanks

>>1066691
>Too condensed.

An acre's a football field, you really think that'd be too condensed for a place like that? I'm not opposed to spacing them out more, I'm just curious it that's really too small an area.
>>
>>1066594
It seems like that would be more of an idea for permanent living instead of vacationing. I've been thinking of looking into building a tiny house community. A place with a big parking lot and sidewalks for walking/biking to your home. There would be a small store for everyone to buy essential goods. There would also be a park and garden.

Community would be powered by solar and wind. Water would be hooked up to the grid and every home would have running water, toilets, and showers. But the whole idea is to spread the idea of tiny living--the idea that you don't need lots of things to live comfortably. It would also act as a good starter home area for people trying to get out of their parent's houses for the first time.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.