[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go on trip >it was shit >come home >feel shit >home
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
>go on trip
>it was shit
>come home
>feel shit
>home feels weird
>home feels like how the trip felt
>sudden depersonalisation
>see all the different ethnicities walking around my city
>strange feel
>its not a racist feel its just a weird, everyone is the same everywhere feel
>realize that travelling wont fix my at home problems
>feel lost

Help me, /trv/, I don't think I can go on until old age, how the fuck do people survive this mess
>>
>>1066528
Which trip did you make ?
>>
Welcome to the globalized world of the 21st century. The Cultural Marxists have ensured that any trace of national identity has been stamped out. They claim they want diversity but by inviting hordes of third world trash into Western countries they are creating a mongrel race and culture that is the same everywhere - the opposite of diversity. Travel is fast becoming pointless.

My only advice is to seek out those rare countries on planet Earth who are not afraid to reject the Politically Correct dogma and embrace their unique traditions and ethnic pride.
>>
>>1066528
>going traveling to fix my problems back home
There's the real problem here. Travel doesn't fix shit it just put you in a different place for some time. If you do it long term the problems back home might disappear but if it's just a short trip nothing will change.

What sort of issues do you have back home?
>>
>>1066570
I'm just so depressed bro, the pain never ends
>>
>>1066582
Where are you from, and where did you travel to?
>>
>>1066528
>its not a racist feel its just a weird, everyone is the same everywhere feel

Try getting out of big cities.
>>
>>1066528
Start eating right exercising and socializing more.
>>
>>1066567
back to /pol/
>>
>>1066655
this would solve most depression, seriously...
>>
>>1066662
He's sort of right though. I don't agree with him about the "cultural marxist" bullshit, but the effects of globalization are almost unbelievable.

In the USA, almost everywhere is the same. Whether you live in NYC or a small town on the East Coast, you find the same mix of people everywhere.
>>
>>1066703
Perhaps, but it does not account for the complete picture. Setting aside the derisive comment on 3rd world peoples, it is true that an influx of immigrants contributes to make everywhere to "feel" similar to everywhere else. It is also true that colonization by Westerners arguably set this in motion.

>any trace of national identity has been stamped out.
By this hyperbole, the [shit]poster is suggesting: "Countries should be isolationist to remain "diverse" (read: pure)."
>>
>>1066717
If I spend thousands of dollars to travel to Japan to experience their unique culture but end up seeing nothing but McDonalds, Starbucks and hordes of white people speaking English then I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

Why is preserving one's culture and national identity seen as racist these days? The French government has a department that creates new French words in place of their English equivalent to protect their language. The gap between American and European cities is quickly closing to the point they are becoming indistinguishable. Same ethnic mixes, same stores, same fashion, same restaurant chains. This is depressing in my opinion.
>>
>>1066725
>This is depressing in my opinion.

True, but you can't stop people wanting what they want. Sucks when it isn't what you want them to want, but there you go. Nobody is forcing the Japanese (for example) to eat at McDonald's; they like it and as a result McDonald's is the biggest fast-food chain in Japan.

Really, you shouldn't be surprised. I'm no fan of the PC/SJW crowd, but you can't blame them for everything. The world has been getting smaller ever since the early 15th century; inexpensive air travel and the internet have dramatically accelerated the process. Homogenization -- regrettable, yes -- is inevitable. Why should there be any difference between what people in Boston, Berlin, and Bangkok want?

>If I spend thousands of dollars to travel to Japan to experience their unique culture but end up seeing hordes of white people

I understand, but this is pretty retarded if you think about it for a minute. Are you the only person who's permitted to travel? And why should your preconceived notions of what Japan "should" be like be accepted by the Japanese themselves?

tl; dr You're getting way too far into Real Traveler™ territory.
>>
>>1066725
>If I spend thousands of dollars to travel to Japan to experience their unique culture but end up seeing nothing but McDonalds, Starbucks and hordes of white people speaking English then I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

It's 20fucking16. What do you expect, fucking samurais and ninjas to be running around?
>>
>>1066725

It's ironic and sad, the celebrators of 'multiculturalism' are actually promoting a monoculture. Water-down the local culture enough and a new dominant culture will take it's place soon enough, usually American culture.
>>
>>1066759
That's all totally inevitable on a long enough timeline.

I question whether or not this is a bad thing, frankly. I mean SJW nonsense aside, we're all on this rock together. Might as well all work together.
>>
File: john oliver.png (48 KB, 393x255) Image search: [Google]
john oliver.png
48 KB, 393x255
>>1066753
>It's the current year!!!

I can't believe you actually used that argument unironically. What a humongous faggot.
>>
File: sfsd.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
sfsd.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>1066759
Finally somebody with adult reading comprehension skills who understands my point. Let me dumb it down for the rest of you:

Imagine you bought a new pack of paints of all the colors - red, blue, green, yellow, brown etc. Very diverse and beautiful, each color unique. Now imagine you mixed all the different paints in one big bucket. You would have one single ugly greyish color. And nothing else. It's impossible to reverse your actions and you regret it.

tl;dr Multiculturalism leads to less diversity.
>>
We will probably be the last generation to enjoy cultural leisure travel. It will be pointless for our children as the entire world will have evolved into one homogeneous mulatto monoculture. Travel to warmer climates for a suntan at the beach will still be a thing though.
>>
>>1066759
>>1066786
>/pol/ in my /trv/

That is a gross over-simplification and not how multiculturalism works, though I agree it's still somewhat negative and am no SJW.
>>
>>1066703
Which isn't true in Europe though.
>>
>Come here by accident
>First thing I see is le sad meme face

every board is the same
>>
>>1066988
>>Come here by accident
>>First thing I see is le sad meme face
>every board is the same
That is most likely why mods delete any meme pics in OP. This one will be deleted soon enough.
>>
>>>/pol/ with this crap
>>
>>1066952
but i live in taiwan and want to travel to european russian city to understand hot blonde and cold weather.
>>
>>1067092
Жeлaю вceгo хopoшeгo.
>>
Every city in the UK is exactly the same. You've seen one, you've seen them all. Any unique distinguishing characteristics were bombed during WWII and replaced with generic post-modern concrete slab architecture that makes you want to slit your wrists.
>>
>>1066664

The socializing is probably the hardest one. the other two can be done at home. just make them routine and you're good to go
>>
>>1067807
>boohoo a few cities were bombed in ww2
try saying that with a straight face in Germany, or almost anywhere in Europe.
>>
>>1066556
lsd
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.