[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trip cancelled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
Hello /trv/, I had recently booked a trip on Trafalgar tours for March 7-17 for about $4000 for my girl and I. The trip includes lodging and travel between countries along with various tours. Unfortunately the cunts over there called me and left a message stating that they had to cancel due to lack of reservations.

My question to you is, should I try to remake my trip on my own by booking separate hotels and transportation or just try searching for other tour options? I don't get to travel much so I don't know a whole lot about this stuff. My job won't allow me to change my vacation dates either. Am I fucked?
>>
>>1066264
>4000$ for 10 days

Easily. You might not be sleeping in 5* hotels in every city but you can do it for that kind of money.
>>
You're more than fine. I would highly recommend you to pick less cities tho, think about two or three tops. You'll enjoy them more, will be less stressed about being in time with your schedule, will pay less for moving from one city to another and will get to know the cities better.
>>
$400 a day for a euro tour? mate if you're flights are already booked, just wing it. you can do this trip for way cheaper
>>
>>1066288
Do this, OP.
>>
>>1066264
That much money is lasting me 3 months in South America
>>
>>1066307
Nobody asked you.
>>
OP here, thanks for the advice. Gonna just book everything ourselves and completely forget about the eurotour. Never been abroad before so we were hoping the tour would be a decent way to gain exposure traveling in Europe. But doing some more research it seems that this cancellation may turn out for the best
>>
>>1066264
Don't worry m8, traveling is easy. I know it can seem somewhat difficult and scary when you haven't done it before but you should see how stupid Australians are and they travel the world over.

Basically all the cities in the pictured trip are connected by trains that go between them multiple times a day.I would however skip a couple of the stops. 10 days is great for 3 cities max. Actually what I would look at if I were you would be a Rome > Florence > Venice trip only. In those 10 days you want to maximize the amount of time you're out there exploring and having a great time instead of sitting on a train. If you're thinking of doing a longer trip, possibly Rome > Paris > London I would suggest taking night trains. 10 days is a very short time, you could spend a week in Rome and not even see half of the sights.
>>
>>1066264
You definitely should. Youll save money and have more freedom
>>
>>1066315
Seriousy just book the first 1 or 2 days, then go how you feel.

Nothing bad can happen, traveling is easy if you have this kind of money.

Also it'll feel more free and like some adventure, especially for your girl.
>>
>>1066321
Fuck you m8
>>
>>1066315
You'll have a great time OP. I'm actually quite happy for you. Have lots of sex with your girlfriend, take some drinks, go walk around at night, eat well. I've been to all the cities you're planning to travel so if you need anything just ask away.
>>
>>1066342
You know it's true though. One of my last run-ins with Aussies on my travels involved a couple where the girl lost her debit card the first time she was withdrawing money in Mexico because in Australia you get your card back first and the money after but it's the other way in Mexico... They had a 9 month trip planned through South America and couldn't even count to 10 in Spanish after 2 weeks in Mexico.
>>
>>1066264
>Paris
Don't do that.
>>
>>1066321
Everything this guy said. More than 3 cities in 10 days will be very stressful and you won't have time to enjoy yourselves.

Also screw night trains, take Ryanair. Cheaper and you don't feel like shit when you get there.
>>
When I did Greece, I was ready to book a 4 day trip that was about the same daily rate. Instead, I looked at the itinerary they had on their website and rented a car. We saw the same shit, made the same stops and did the whole trip for less than half the cost.
>>
>>1066597
Youre hopeless
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.