[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paris Syndrome - what are the causes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8
File: Paristan.jpg (68 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
Paristan.jpg
68 KB, 650x430
Most of you will have heard of "Paris Syndrome" where Japanese tourists in Paris have a mental breakdown when they realize that the reality of the city doesn't match the idealized fantasy in their heads. I think the media is primarily to blame for this. Paris is always portrayed as a sophisticated culture capital where beautiful models sip wine by the banks of the Seine in between shopping sprees in Louis Vuitton, with views of the Eiffel tower in the background.

What I want to know is what exactly is it about Paris that triggers such an extreme reaction in Japanese tourists? The Wikipedia article mentions vague reasons such as the language barrier and exhaustion from jetlag and trying to pack too much sightseeing in one trip. But these reasons could equally apply to London or Rome. The lack of concrete discussion of this topic leads me to believe that the true reason is politically incorrect. Is it that there are too many immigrants in France? I've never visited the country but have read demographic stats online. I can only imagine how surprised the Japanese would be. They come from an almost completely ethnically homogeneous country where law and order rule. Africans and Arabs can come across as aggressive and threatening.

Maybe I'm way off the mark? So tell me - what is Paris' dirty little secret that the guidebooks aren't telling me.
>>
>>1065957
sounds like a lot of japanese tourists have autism.
>>
Because for whatever reason a lot of Japanese people are Frenchaboos. The same thing happens to tons weebs that go to Japan. It's not as common with other countries because there's no other bizarrely common belief that one developed area is a fantasy-land compared to their homeland like Japan--->France and White people land---->Japan.

The same thing happens to tons of weebs that go to Japan, it's why you can find pages and pages of people screaming about micro-aggressions and racism among other people claiming "this was more fun than I thought it would be"

The reason it isn't as publicized of a thing when weebs are disillusioned is because there's no "white-jin-ron" to justify some bored doctor researching the effects of disappointment in people with unrealistic expectations in hopes of being able to say "sasuga white people, we have four seasons after all".
>>
>>1065965
>there's no "white-jin-ron"
Actually let me rephrase this: There is, but most of the time it's built on racist overtones so most people don't take it seriously. Also google nihonjinron if you don't know what I'm talking about (though I'm sure if you're asking about paris syndrome you must already know)
>>
File: mangetsu-man.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mangetsu-man.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
Apparently the Japanese embassy in Paris has a 24-hour hotline for those suffering from severe culture shock and can help find hospital treatment for anyone in need, so it must be a pretty common problem.

The Japanese come from a very polite and formal society so the rudeness of the French must be quite a shock to them. Even in America, store assistants will greet you with smiles and tend to your every need. It's just that Paris gets so many tourists that the service staff are fatigued of the whole "customer is always right" crap.

How big of a problem is litter in Paris? This could also be a factor. Japan is famous for its civic pride and the cleanliness of its streets.
>>
>>1065976
Paris was literally built on garbage. Coming from the wide open air of the Canadian prairies I will never again visit London or Paris because of the shit stench of those cities.
>>
The charlie Hebdo attacks, the failed train attack, the Stade de France and Bataclan theater attacks last year told the world what type of third world shithole Paris has become...all because of idiotic immigration policy. Such a shame as the city was the greatest in the world during the 1800s.
>>
Paris is like that ugly chick in your class. Her face is ugly, her skin looks like shit, her tits aren't symmetrical but her ass looks good in that one pair of jeans. Paris has some nice spots but other than that it is the cancer of Europe, together with Cologne and Stockholm.
>>
They don't give a fuck that you're a tourist, or a customer, or whatever
If for whatever reason they're pissed them off (because of you or anything else), they'll tell you to fuck off

The chef of the only restaurant in the small village where my family owns a country house sometimes randomly decides he doesn't wanna cook. He just tells the old people that come in to fuck off. Whatever, they just come back the next day.

French people can be rude. Deal with it, no one gives a fuck about some cry baby jap or murican
>>
>>1066150
thanks for this worthless post that contributed nothing to answering OP's questions
>>
>>1066168

It does help answer the OP's question. Paris' dirty little secret is that it's saturated with hostile Africans and Arabs who hate France, hate white people and see frail, old Japanese tourists as easy prey. The guidebooks obviously won't mention this but the truth is being spread via word of mouth.

Paris makes billions of euros from tourism every year so the local government will do everything in it's power to suppress the truth and keep pumping out outdated images of Paris from a 1950s Jean Luc Godard film.
>>
>>1066165
>French people can be rude. Deal with it, no one gives a fuck about some cry baby jap or murican

Wait until the tourist money stops flowing in. Then they will care. Local Parisian businesses were hurting after last year's terrorist attacks.
>>
>>1066150
>>1066185
I think this is correct.
>>
I'd be pissed too if I paid all that money to visit Paris but ended up in some third world slum. Not sure if I'd have a complete breakdown though like the Japs.
>>
Is there a better alternative French city you can visit other than Paris?
>>
>>1066204
Lyon is basically Paris on a smaller scale.
Look up Strasbourg, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Lille
>>
>>1066204
no France only has one city
>>
>>1065976
Pretty lame weird to have 24/7 for stupid crybabies desilusioned by Paris LOL
>>
It's the reality of any globalized city - tourism is a big source of revenue for Paris, but so is business and industry, hence the crowded streets and the immigrants. Since most everything you here about Paris is tourism-related, no one bothers to discuss the more mundane aspects - especially if you're Japanese, and you're not used to large immigrant populations and trashed cities.
>>
>>1065957
i think its mostly a wealth thing.

japs think that paris will be super clean and modern and rich, but they realize that japan is actually richer than paris
>>
Frenchfag here.

Paris is the most touristic city in the world. Has the best image, prestige; is advertised as having better and older culture, better architecture, better artists, better museums, better women, a romantic language, better food, better fashion, better sexual habitsand is one of the top choices for romantic get aways and since no one else knows any other french city is the de facto representent of french culture.
of course none of those things is strictly speaking true except the food. But then again Lyon is the gastronomy capital of france not paris.

Paris is essentially the push up bra, the nylons, the gstring, the lipstick, the fuck me shoes and the hermes handbag of the travel industry. meme has fuck. The reality doesnt hold up to the hype. It is accentuated because for some reason japanese people think europe = france.
So you have europe has the supposedly better continent; france the better country and thus the paris hype.

Go visit
Strasbourg
Lyon
Bordeaux
Toulouse

instead.
Paris is great but London, NYC or Tokyo are more interesting at that level. If you want to go for the old europe feel Vienna blows Paris out the water easily in that area.

French culture is decaying, not because of the immigrants but because of the french mentality that refuses to acknowledge to anglo culture dominating the world. We shield ourselves against it instead of embracing it and incorporating the best elements.

Even the wine industry is fucking tourist trap. Just trust the food, you won't be sorry for that.
>>
>>1065965
I visited Kyoto before and saw these weird fucking white people dressed in full traditional Japanese robes and walking around bowing at people, not some organised event but every day there'd be one or two out on their own just being full on weeaboo. Creepy bastards.
>>
I find that girls who go to Japan usually have this reaction when it turns out Japanese people don't tolerate over 10% bodyfat on a girl lol. I and all dudes I know really enjoyed traveling to Japan. No one had any complaints.
>>
>>1066273
>I visited Kyoto before and saw these weird fucking white people dressed in full traditional Japanese robes

To be fair, Japanese tourists do this as well. There's a whole industry in Kyoto devoted to renting out geisha-style wear to tourists, including hair and make-up. Also, the #1 activity in Japan for SEA tourists is getting their picture taken in traditional Japanese costumes.
>>
>>1065957
Cognitive dissonance
>>
Japs work like crazy all their life. They only get this once in a lifetime trip that works like a fantasy and keep their hope.

Then they take the only break from work they had in the last 10 years, spend a shit ton of money on an overpriced tour of Paris.

When they arrived they have this busy program of seeing things in a rush and meet some crap tier city full of angry french and agressive arabs where they eat cold and dry food in busy restaurants.

Then they go back to their 12 hours 6 days a week job with 15k less in their bank accounts.

Of course they need a shrink after that.
>>
>>1066337
>Japs work like crazy all their life. They only get this once in a lifetime trip that works like a fantasy and keep their hope.

I see Japanese tourists everywhere.
>>
>>1066337
No they need a shrink before the travel
>>
>>1066187
Yeah like suddenly it's going to change because some 4chan guy became aware of the friendlyness of French people.
>>
>Apparently the Japanese embassy in Paris has a 24-hour hotline for those suffering from severe culture shock and can help find hospital treatment for anyone in need

fucking hell
>>
File: hetalia france.jpg (246 KB, 500x631) Image search: [Google]
hetalia france.jpg
246 KB, 500x631
>>1065957
Japanese bitches have been watching too much Hetalia
>>
>>1066339
1. theres loads of them
2. not all asians are japs
3. theres loads of asians
>>
File: louis vuitton bags.jpg (164 KB, 521x580) Image search: [Google]
louis vuitton bags.jpg
164 KB, 521x580
>>1066461
Most Asian tourists in Europe are either Japanese or Chinese, simply because Japan is the most affluent country in Asia (excluding Singapore). Most Chinese people are poor, but there are a lot of Chinese people so there is a significant number of richfags.
Chinese people don't suffer from Paris Syndrome in Europe. Rich (nouve riche) Chinese people love to travel to France to buy Louis Vuitton and other expensive handbags as these hangbags are not as expensive in the EU.
This is coming from a Hongkonger who has seen so many people fly to Europe to buy expensive fashion items (I live in an apartment full of richfags and I went to a private school with a lot of rich kids). The Louis Vuitton hype kind of died down a bit, but it is still popular here.
>>
>>1066232
U.A.E., Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, or Jordan, I would
>>
Other than one mention of being Frenchboos no one here really poked at this point.

A lot of people in Japan used to and to some extent still believe that France and especially Paris is the source of everything that is higher class. The best pianists in the world now are Japanese but they all play the works of European artists, many are very much into French composers. French food is seen as something very refined, which if you know anything about Japan and how their food is much more refined than other Asian food you'd understand how they look up to the French in this aspect. Art, which is quite important in Japanese culture more so than in other Asian cultures is a big item when visiting Paris as it's home to some of the worlds largest collections of artwork. Architecture, especially coming from a world of completely different buildings, street designs etc to a city that has many famous buildings and many architectural styles often imitated in other parts of the world. The Japanese read about France in their schools, see it on tv, hear their music, eat or dream of eating their food.

When they finally arrive they see something they don't expect to see. That "high class" they were expecting is not there. Paris is a very gritty city. It's much worse these days with the number of immigrants who are of very low social classes. Combined with the typical sheepish personalities many Japanese have, it's not surprising that they feel such a sense of disappointment that they don't know what to do about it. On top of that, many attractions or buildings in Paris get closed for repairs as is common throughout Europe, well imagine taking a child to Disneyland and hearing that the attraction from their favorite cartoon is closed for repairs...
>>
>>1066621
>A lot of people in Japan used to and to some extent still believe that France and especially Paris is the source of everything that is higher class.

Older generations, yes, but younger people not so much -- younger Japanese show very little interest in, or knowledge of, the rest of the world.

>The best pianists in the world now are Japanese

This is completely incorrect. The best pianists in the world are primarily European (especially Russian). Even China has more "best pianists" than does Japan.

>Art, which is quite important in Japanese culture

I think this is a weeaboo meme. "Art" in Japan is primarily a thing for women, most especially middle-aged women who don't work and whose husbands earn good salaries. There is nothing special about the level of "art" in the overall Japanese culture.

>The Japanese read about France in their schools, see it on tv, hear their music, eat or dream of eating their food.

If you're talking about 50 or 60 years ago, you're correct. Nowadays what they "learn" is primarily how to pass entrance exams. Music is primarily J Pop and K Pop. The average Japanese is unbelievably ignorant about history, geography, etc. outside of Japan.
>>
>>1066466
>(I live in an apartment full of richfags and I went to a private school with a lot of rich kids)
You just described hell
>>
>>1066621
Hasn't France always beena gritty city? That's what I learned from Les Miserables' and the French Revolution.
>>
>>1065987
Shut up you lying faggot, I've been to Paris a few times and I almost never see litter. You get looked at like scum for so much as spitting or sneezing at the pavement, let alone littering.
>>
>>1066466

>Chinks still like Louis Vuitton
God, get some fucking taste you apes.
>>
>>1066646
Before the restructuring of the city, yeah. It was cramped, compact, dirty, rough, seedy, all of the above.
After Napoleon it really flourished into the image and state it has/is today.
>>
>>1066542

>Sharia law
>Surrounded by warfare
No thanks on any of those mate.
>>
>>1066665
Different guy, when I went the city was as filthy as any other major city. The differences being the french spraying garabage down the stret and lots and lots of dog shit everywhere.
>>
>>1066638
There are a lot of middleclassfags in my apartment too.
>>1066666
It's not that popular these dats but people still like it.
Rich Europeans also like Louis Vuitton? I know a Dutchfag with a Louis Vuitton bag.
>>
>>1066785
>Rich Europeans also like Louis Vuitton?
No. In France at least, nobody wears LV stuff except chinks and chavs from outer Paris poor suburbs (fake obviously).
Maybe you'll find a few old people with 50 years old LV bags, but even most nouveau riches don't wear LV because it has too much of a negative connotation nowadays
>>
>>1066822
If it's not that popular, how come there are so many Louis Vuitton shops in Europe?
>>
>>1066823
>If it's not that popular, how come there are so many Louis Vuitton shops in Europe?
Tourists.
>>
>>1066853
Lol true
Haha I thought Louis Vuitton would be popular in Europe though. Some European expats here love luxury brands.
>>
>>1066823
LV owns some department stores in Paris. Bon Marche is one. Closed down Samartine.
>>
>>1066637
You're oversimplifying things and you're only partly correct.

>Older generations, yes, but younger people not so much -- younger Japanese show very little interest in, or knowledge of, the rest of the world.
Agreed, as with the youth of every country. The "paris syndrome" has been reported for a long time now, I don't know the statistics but I would guess that they would have had more calls in the 90s and early 2000s when there was less information available online before they traveled. Young Japanese don't travel as much though in general. You don't see that many of them on the backpacking circuit, usually one or two here and there. Most Japanese travel when they have established careers, in my city I only see groups of ages 50+ and this is a pretty popular destination for them. But I never implied any ages in my comments, the youth of today might not be into France but the youth of the 80s still is.

>The best pianists in the world are primarily European
Japanese pianists are always placing high in piano competitions. Just look up Tchaikovsky competition or the Warsaw Chopin competition or any of the other big name ones and you'll see lots of Japanese flags.

>"Art" in Japan is primarily a thing for women
And it's primarily women phoning this hotline. And I didn't mean that modern art is more important, it's played a bigger role in the history of Japan than in other countries in the region.

>50 or 60 years ago
Once again, do you only know Japanese teenagers?
>>
>>1065957

maybe we just call it culture shock?
>>
>>1065976

Why are japs so civic minded? we always here about the scandinavian model, but the japs are wayyyy better.
>>
>>1066204

Marseilles kek.
>>
Actually I'm not surpised at all about this phenomen.

I've always wondered how japanese people deal with Japan Expo in Paris being the "must visit" event to market japanese products and culture in Europe. They are being treated like shit at the event, the sourroundings are horribly ugly, a huge lot of unfriendly, rude and disgusting peopel await your there. And if you take the time to travel you are in for another shock, because everything is just terrible, starting from the food and endinung up in the tourist shitholes.

It's so contrary to what japanese people are acustomed to, that I'm not surprised the disappointment must be huge.
>>
>>1066910
>Japanese pianists are always placing high in piano competitions

Competitions are one thing; actual performing careers are quite another. The only contemporary Japanese pianist of any major note is Mitsuko Uchida, and she doesn't even live in Japan any more. The best pianists in the world -- people with careers and with international reputations -- are predominantly European.

>it's primarily women phoning this hotline

I believe it. Vacations apart from husbands are a popular thing. The Franceboos of the 60's and 70's (who are now in their 50's and 60's) were mostly women -- I can't imagine many Japanese men listened to Sylvie Vartan, for example.

>do you only know Japanese teenagers?

I live in Japan. I know teenagers, adults, old people, etc. I even know a few Japanese Germanyboos -- a semi-autistic early 20's girl and a mid-40's permavirgin guy.
>>
The image answers your own question.

I won't be going to Paris for the same reason, I know that I will be disappointed. I can see why the Japs react in the way they do - so would I if I travelled to the other side of the globe, spent shit tons of money on this, and had massive and definite expectations about the place.
>>
>>1067148
I don't think it's only France though.
If you have slant eyes you're basically fucked in Europe. Literally everybody (those who work in tourism at least) thinks you're a retarded beta cash cow
>>
>>1065987

I'm on a Europe tour right on now, just coming from Paris and I'm U wot M8ing your comment.

It was surprisingly clean. Except for the body of a homeless guy shot dead by police for feigning ISIS with a fake bomb my taxi drove by the other day.
>>
>>1066158
I would agree that cologne is pretty shit, but no shitter than any Rhine city. It is obvious that you have no clue about Europe and you've only decided to highlight Colgone's unattractiveness after hearing what about happened last week in news headlines.

tl;dr >>>/pol/
>>
>>1066204
Nice
>>
>>1066185
>>It does help answer the OP's question
>>1066189
except paris syndrome was around over a decade ago, well before these attacks or the recent changes in demographics
>>
>>1066265
>not because of the immigrants
stop lying frog boy
>>
>>1065957
It's mostly because most tourist are expecting a first world city not some african shit hole.
>>
>>1067078
>maybe we just call it culture shock?
It will never catch on.

Forced meme is forced.
>>
>>1065957
I love it! Getting drunk by the eiffel tower. Pissing in the seine. Making out with a 16 yo french girl.
>>
japanese people are racist towards blacks and muslims
they come to paris to find a wonderland of beautiful white people living a bohemian lifestyle and find themselves in Afrabia 2.0
fuckin sucks
>>
Japanese know shit about the world. Can't really blame them when coming to France is probably their first trip in Europe, or even outside Japan. They still think it will be like the Belle-Epoque or like in the Rose of Versailles.
The Chinese are even worst. They don't know shit and they go there just to show off. At least the Japs are a bit interested. Women more than the men.

Anyway, Paris syndrome is not that spread. Among all the tourists who go to Paris, very few get this shocked.
>>
>>1065957
They think it will be like a Miyazaki film and sophisticated ated and full of beautiful white people

The problem is Paris is a bit of a shitholes. The natives are rude and unfriendly and the city is simply not as nice to be in as say for example Rome

The metro is full of the most vile Arab men who stare. The streets are full of men pissing and my God they stink. Paris reeks
It's full of the most primitive black people
I'm from London and I have never seen anything like the amount of poor peasantry looking blacks in flip flops

I felt safer in the Bronx than I did in Paris
And this was 10 years ago. Imagine what it's like now?
Fucking avoid

Even the euro star has gone down hill with constant delays and now dangers from being boarded by migrants to the extent that schools have been warned to go back to using the ferry for school trips

The culture of working class Paris now thinks its OK to gang rape girls then burn them alive in the flats communal bin cupboards

Fuck me
>>
>>1068967
Also blacks and Arabs think Japanese people and Chinese people are weak. I've been with Japanese friends here in London and they often get grief from such
>>
File: 07post_600.jpg (82 KB, 600x347) Image search: [Google]
07post_600.jpg
82 KB, 600x347
>>1068967
>I felt safer in the Bronx than I did in Paris
Most of the locals just call the area you visited "Riverdale"

I'm from New York and Paris was like the Miyazaki film to me. Really nice place, just too expensive.
>>
>>1068983
Bronx park east I meant, or somewhere close. We were looking for an Italian restaurant and got lost. Wow that train journey was fucking weird. Black men were selling toilet block fresheners at midnight on the tube train

Did you really like it? There were nice enough parts but bloody hell I was shocked
I had a show in the 1st arrondissement but stayed by gare de nord I guess that was my first mistake.
>>
>>1068983
That place looks lovely. Rename it rivendale and the bordering areas can be mordor. I've never seen so many miles of estates and tower blocks in my life
>>
>>1068986
>looking for an Italian restaurant and got lost
So you were in Belmont. A little tricky getting there from the subway. Lots of walking through nondescript blocks with poor people. It's not wealthy like Riverdale, but nothing especially terrible about the place. Just a dingy lower middle class neighborhood, like many in Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island. The actual bad parts of the Bronx, you would definitely not feel safe.

Yeah, I liked Paris. I was mostly in the 16th. The area around Gare du Nord was probably the worst neighborhood I saw, and it was still pretty much fine. Just not fancy.

Then again I don't get traumatized by the sight of a brown person, I know that's pretty common on 4chan. I'm used to seeing them.
>>
>>1068993
im from se london, all i see is brown people.
theres a big difference between our blacks turks and arabs vs the ones that live in france

Ive been to paris hundreds of times, I used to commute back and forth on the train. You saw the tourists eye view.
Paris is possibly the biggest shithole of a city ive been to and ive been to loads. But each to their own.
>>
>>1069004
>You saw the tourists eye view.
That may very well be true, but this thread is about tourists freaking out and discussing why. I'd be surprised if anyone traveled to paris for pleasure only to hang out in poor outer suburbs full of immigrants and poverty. Maybe you work for some kind of charity and have to hang out in the poor areas? What distinguishes my experience from tourist experiences (I was there for work)? And what distinguishes my experience from yours? Because from my tourist-eye view, it was lily-white, prosperous, and friendly. Whereas everyone here is saying it's full of ISIS and the few French people around will hurl abuse at you in French at all opportunities. I didn't find that to be the case at all.
>>
>>1069007
I spent all of my time in the centre of paris. I wouldnt go to a parisian suburb if you paid me to.

I was there as an artist, not a charity worker. If you couldnt see the men pissing in the street or the subsequent piss runnin down every corner, i guess that was nice for you.

Youre talking shit about lily white prosperous and friendly, no way it was all three altogether. especially around the tourist sites. even ten years ago and it hasnt improved since then by the sounds of the police having to watch the tourists by places like the eifel tower. no way would i recommend anyone waste their money for a trip of a lifetime there. its ok to spend a day or so there, but thats not what the japanese are doing. hence their disappointment.
>>
>>1069009
>the men pissing in the street or the subsequent piss runnin down every corner,
Maybe that's the key. I'm from a city, I've been to a lot of cities, that doesn't freak me out. I guess if you are from Japan, where that kind of sight is unheard of, it probably would. I saw a drunk hobo throwing empty bottles at people. What's the big deal? I see that shit every day at home.
>especially around the tourist sites.
I never got a chance to see the Louvre or go up the Eiffel Tower. It was just cafes, restaurants, and hanging out in offices. Maybe that's another key difference.
>>
>>1069009
I've been to Paris many times, as a tourist.

I pay attention on the underground but otherwise it's fine. No worse than most big cities. I guess I'm not traumatised by
brown people either.

gb2pol.
This isn't the board for people traumatised by other races.
>>
>>1069022
I live in one of the most diverse places on earth you mong. And its an utter shithole
But I like it well enough
Paris doesn't compare favourably to south east shitheap London which is shit even by poor area of London standards.

I was surprised how filthy and shit Paris was. I was surprised how the people there were and I've seen just about everything

By comparison
If I was a wealthy Japanese person on holiday and with conservative standards and not being used to seeing brown people and certainly not to urban decay i mightve needed a 24hour counseling hotline

How hard is that to grasp? This thread is about why Japanese get Paris syndrome not how amazing you thought the place was or how many brownie points you get for being right on .
>>
>>1069022
Yes we are all racists while you alone occupy the moral high ground. Teach us the way to enlightenment, you euphoric fedora faggot.

It's clear to see that wherever in the world blacks and Arabs go, it turns to shit. If you were half as well travelled as you pretend to be then you would know this. Haven't you been following the news in Germany or Belgium lately? Look what happened to US cities like Detroit or Chicago. You're just showing everyone how naive and parochial you are by making excuses for Paris' decline.
>>
File: IMG_6418.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6418.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
From what I found in Paris tourists get heckled a lot by Africans/ gypsy's especially around the main attractions and you often see Asians getting caught in their persuasive sales/ daylight robbery because they are to nice to say no/ not used to that much pressure. Also it is hugely romanticized, I visited much nicer cities in Europe.
>>
>>1069035
>Yes we are all racists while you alone occupy the moral high ground
No, just you and that other guy getting gigatriggered by the sight of a MOOSLIM O NOES SOMEONE SAVE ME

A sheltered japanese housewife can be excused for this sort of reaction. Not a supposedly well traveled person such as yourself

Just stay on your containment board
>>
>>1068993
Make sure you have a good map before wandering in outer borough neighborhoods. Go to mta.info for bus maps.
>>
>>1069035
There are plenty of middle class black,latino and arab neighborhoods. New York has a lot of them. People only see the shaky side.
>>
>>1065957
I believe it's the same reason OP. The first time I even heard about Japs freaking out I was 100 % sure that it was the Arabs and Africans over there surprising them. When I travel to China, I don't wanna see blacks and white, but Chinese. Likewise the Japs expects to see French people, not blacks and browns
>>
>>1068016
>except paris syndrome was around over a decade ago, well before these attacks or the recent changes in demographics

Paris has had these demographics for decades now
>>
>>1065957
>what are the causes?
I'd say being an Asian girl.

but then I remembered a white woman from Texas having a similar reaction.
>>
>>1065987
They must have cleaned up. I spent 5 weeks in Paris in '09 and I too remember it being picturesque but essentially covered in trash. Many sidewalks were sticky with that smelly 'garbage juice'.

I still really enjoyed Paris.
>>
>>1066165
thats kind of refreshing actually
>>
>>1069213
But French are black and brown. Nowhere is as homogeneous as East Asia. Not even brown and black places
>>
>>1069229
>Nowhere is as homogeneous as East Asia

You do realize even if we Europeans can't see it Asians have dozens and dozens of different ethnies and they're far from being homogenous, right ?
>>
File: 1442360181217.jpg (60 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1442360181217.jpg
60 KB, 720x480
>>1065957
>what are the causes?
Rose of Versailles
>>
>>1069399
That's Utena.
>>
>>1066447
underrated kek
>>
Try going to Firenze in the summer and not having your experience ruined by thousands of Asian travel groups clogging up the city streets, Asians don't deserve to experience true European beauty if they want to consume it like fast food.
>>
>>1065957

>be me
>roommate quits job in protest, cashes out 401k
>roommate flies to Hawaii for two weeks
>trip of a lifetime he says
>all kinds of hyped for him because he needs it
>pick him up at the airport after two weeks
>he starts complaining even before he gets in the car
>bitches about how it wasn't like an Elvis movie
>native girls are not hot as hell
>native men are not hot as hell (he goes both ways)
>no one met him as he got off the plane to give him a handjob or a lei
>roommate also a pudgy, pale sack of jizz
>weather isn't perfect the entire time
>bitches about volcano tour (he didn't like the smell)
>bitches about the food
>bitches about how he spent 4 days in his hotel room ordering room service because he didn't want to go out anymore

I wanted to strangle him and leave his on the side of the road. Want to know why this happens? Because it's not the 50s and 60s anymore and people need to realize that. Times change, basic research is your friend, and actually wanting to have a good time is something you need to be willing to have.
>>
>>1065987
>Paris was literally built on garbage. Coming from the wide open air of the Canadian prairies I will never again visit London or Paris because of the shit stench of those cities.
I'm so glad I didn't go to Paris, but London was disgusting.
>That stench.
>Those packs of muzzos and curries.
>Arabic on fucking billboards.
>All utilities are haphazardly run along the outside of buildings.
>Hotels are ridiculously expensive.
>Absofuckinglutely nothing to do.
Decked a Paki who spat on a woman in a market stall though, didn't get pulled up on it.
>>
>>1066466
I also think another mitigating factor is that chinks are some of the dirtiest people on the planet, so the filth in Paris is actually a pleasant improvement.

Japs on the other hand, have piss poor social skills and live in a sanitized bubble, so seeing something outside of their incredibly narrow field of vision (pun intended) gives them debilitating cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>1066666
I know its not that kind of board, but...

Checked.
>>
>>1067210
And they'd be right.
>>
>>1069727
>Two weeks
>Trip of a lifetime

Your friend is disillusioned. He needs to learn how to plan a 1-year trip.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.