[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
South Dakota
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: south-dakota-map.gif (15 KB, 480x310) Image search: [Google]
south-dakota-map.gif
15 KB, 480x310
Hey SD anons, what's it like living in South Dakota?
>>
Cold and flat. Unless it's summer. Then it's hot and flat.

If you're in the Black Hills then replace "flat" with "hilly".

If you're on one of the Indian reservations, add "and poor" after "flat".

Why do you want to know?
>>
Casually considering moving there. Lax gun laws.
>>
Thanks for helping me out, mang.
>>
>>1065850
>>1065852
Responding some more (and with actual content this time) because I doubt there's anyone else on /trv/ who's ever done more than drive across good old SD.

The Black Hills and Badlands National Park are pretty nice. If you like being outdoors it's actually a pretty great place, even with the cold winters. Very good hunting, although most land is private so it helps to know people.

The weird oil boom that hit North Dakota didn't extend this far south, so we got to skip towns exploding from 800 to 12,000 and getting ridiculously expensive and full of crime.

So if you like peace and quiet and being outside, it's a pretty good place. I can see how people from big cities think it's boring, but I like it.
>>
Well, I do like my peace and quiet. The outdoors is always a bonus. I also heard it's one of the cheaper places to live.
>>
I do like my peace and quiet. Nature is always a bonus. I heard it's one of the cheaper places to live too.
>>
Sorry about the duplicates, got confused. ha.
>>
File: 1428199059098.jpg (46 KB, 575x305) Image search: [Google]
1428199059098.jpg
46 KB, 575x305
>>1065848
>>
>negligible amount of niggers
>negligible amount of spics
>cheap cost of living
>decent scenery out west and along missouri river
>immune from redlight and speed cameras in most states with SD plates

So long as you can deal with the weird accent, distance from civilization, and drunk injuns, it's not a bad place.
>>
>>1066319
What's the accent like?
>>
>>1065850
If lax gun laws are your main reason, there are far more interesting/scenic places to move. Like Maine, Vermont, Montana, Washington...
>>
>>1066472
I didn't know Washington was a gun friendly place.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.