[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Migration to USA or CANADA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
hello. i am sick of my own country and looking to migrate to a far more developed country such as US or Canada. I am thinking of becoming a police officer and living in peace until the day I die.

What are my options? I graduated from law school in my country and have no skills whatsoever. I have no intention of studying again and working as a lawyer. I would settle for a peaceful, average salary job. What should I do?
>>
>>1065411
Well for job prospects, the US is going to be needing police. They're quitting/retiring in droves. All the guys I went to HS with are hitting their 20yr marks and getting the heck out (racial tensions). It's just not the rewarding job it could be.

Where you come from is important as to who is going to take you with open arms with your immigrant idea. The law degree means nothing in either country because there's an abundance of them, so your degree itself isn't a ticket. If you could get hired before you move, someone could assist with the required work visa paperwork.
One entity used to dealing with work visas are universities. A path to emigrate is to teach at home, getting a lowly asst professorship or something is key to getting your foot in the door at some local university, and then applying to police academies from there. Just a top of my head guess at the route. What could you teach? criminal law of course. Or something like trade, export, import, language, anything applicable to the police idea you have going on. Another intl route could be with shipping/captain/maritime training, but you said you didn't want that.
>>
>>1065414
I know law degree means nothing I gave that information so people who are willing to answer could know that I have no useful skills to make use of. Too bad.

What about shipping/captain/maritime training? I never said I didn't want it. Or did I?
>>
>>1065411
Canada is the easier country to immigrate to.

Go there pls.
>>
>>1065418
hello fellow amerifat. why do you try to diverse people into thinking canada is better?
>>
File: Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-Enough-03.jpg (15 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-Enough-03.jpg
15 KB, 316x202
>>1065419
Because I'm tired of all the brownies
>>
>>1065423
i may be a kebab inside, but i am white outside. you don't need to be afraid of me.
>>
>>1065416
>What about shipping/captain/maritime training? I never said I didn't want it. Or did I?
You said you had no intention of studying anymore, which I totally understand of course :P

You didn't mention where you are from...which is pretty much going to be the dealbreaker for US or Canada decisions, won't it?

The law degree means you aren't stupid, or un-degree'd which helps immigration, but I'd transition into a career path that could translate to someone a company would work hard to pay you upfront for the work visa paperwork (Think that they have to front you 3-7k in legal fees to hire you).
>>
>>1065428
so if i were a hip captain i would be hired? I am from Turkey. I doubt that Turkish diploma or eligibility papers for being a hip captain would be sufficient for Canada.
>>
Fuck off you worthless subhuman
>>
>>1065414
The man has a law degree and you're suggesting he becomes a cop?

That's like telling someone with an M.D. to become a patient-transporter.
>>
>>1065630
yes i have a law degree but i basically need to re-study law to become a lawyer in US. i would easily settle for a police officer job in a remote place.
>>
>>1065630
That's actually not a bad thing. A police officer with a law degree. At least in my state these are very sought after in cops. Master's degrees too. You will advance quicker, make more money, etc. In my city at least, even a bachelor's degree gets you a big bump in initial pay compared to a cop without one.

OP, where are you from? The US has a diversity visa. There's a lottery of about 50,000 green cards to people from countries who are "underrepresented" in the US. If you're from one of those you could take a long shot and apply.

Otherwise, at the end of the day, in order to immigrate to the US you're basically going to need to become a student or else get a job offer from an employer that's willing to sponsor your visa. I've never heard of law enforcement recruiting foreigners who aren't residents/citizens. Might happen, but I don't think it's something that really does.
>>
>>1065722
I am from Turkey. I got really sick of our islamist policies and stupidity of our people, also low standars of life. I am starting my career as a lawyer this year.

Seems like only option is to apply for Green Card and take the shot. If lucky I could apply for officer jobs in states which allow foreigners. Live a happy life with average salary and constant patroling in streets.
>>
>>1065735
After checking, Turkey is an eligible country under the diversity visa program. While I think it is basically a lottery, I have to imagine things like qualifications and language ability play in as far as getting shortlisted? I really don't know but I have to imagine they don't just let everyone have the same shot. I mean, you are educated, speak English well, and you're from an eligible country. I'd definitely give it a try.

You might try contacting one of these places. Looks like there are a lot of Turkish think tanks/non profits http://istanbul.usconsulate.gov/taa_in_america.html

Who knows, again it's probably a long shot, but they might have some kind of opportunity for you.
>>
>>1065737
Well it's definitely worth a shot but I believe being educated or speaking english has nothing to do with lottery. First I need to be one of the %1.5 lucky people.
>>
>>1065419
Canada legally lets in 250000 people a year. And there isn't much illegal immigration
America legally lets in around a million. And there's a bunch of illegal immigration.
America is 10 times bigger than Canada, and only lets in 4 times as many people.
And the American immigration system highly benefits people who already have American relatives.

If you don't have an immediate relative with American citizenship or over one million dollars to invest, go ahead and waste your time with applying to the green card lottery. But you probably wont get in.

Canada is a bit more lenient in who they let in. Especially if you're under 35.

Doesn't Turkey do civil law? 90% of Canada and 95% of America does common law. You're degree doesn't do much, but it might earn you some points on the Canadian system.

You're best bet to become American, is to get a tan and learn Spanish. Pretend your Mexican, until you qualify under amnesty.
>>
>>1065411
Where you from?
>>
What about a fake marriage ? I mean found a american girl or boy who can do it.

It may be much more easier.
>>
>>1065424
>kebab/mud: "I'm white!"

When will this meme die?

Look, you'd have better chances immigrating to Serbia than the U.S. and Canada is not far behind.

When Turkey officially joins the EU (If they make it) you might have a better chance then.

In this day and age you can't migrate up the development ladder, and the Anglo world is suffering enough with people who are abandoning their own country for ours.

It's not your fault you were born in a shithole, but the becoming more developed isn't going to happen by itself. Just wait for the EU merge.
>>
>>1065424
It's the inner kebab that we need to worry about
>>
>>1065418
Fuck off, we're full.

>>1065881
>When Turkey officially joins the EU
lel, as if that will ever happen.
>>
>>1065881
lol. even if Turkey merges with EU, it's not going to be good for EU. It would probably be the worst decision EU could ever make.
>>
>I am thinking of becoming a police officer and living in peace until the day I die.

Better not move to the states then.
>>
if you're kebab remove yourself. Or Trump will remove you
>>
Hello my foreign friend :) I live Canada and as you can see, the unfortunate american population of this board is extremely prejudiced against the kind Turkish people. This is an unfortunate representation of how most americans act towards immigrants. However, here in the gentle mother of Canada, we would be more than willing to add you to one of our wealthy communities. Come discover what makes Canada the best country in the world! :)
>>
>>1066061
it feels like you are a us citizen who tries to stter people to canada. also canada will be hell soon because you guys let all those syrians inside your beautiful country.
>>
>>1065411

effendi don`t listen to all these white people, they have no life experience outside of their backwater villages or gentrified hipster area.

Come to Canada its colder than the usa but it is better.

America is full of uneducated violent morons and black people.
>>
>>1066028
It won't happen. At best, EU and Turkey agree to some kind of bilateral trade agreements or streamlined visa process. No chance in hell that EU will ever have proper borders with Iraq, Syria, Iran, Russian puppets in the Caucasus. etc. Many states would, I am sure, rather leave the EU than allow Turkey to enter. It doesn't really make sense, and I've spoken to a fair few Turks who think just the same with a shrug. Only cuckaticians in Germany and Sweden, etc. really want this, so they can import more cheap labour for manufacturing industries. EU labour (and western labour in general) can't compete with cheap worker drones in China forever. Robotic factories are the key, probably.

Anyway, Turkey won't be in the EU, ever. Too corrupt, to non-chalant with human rights, too geo-politically full of hassles.
>>
>>1066061
Fuck off yankee.

Shitskins don't even like Canada, it's too cold.
>>
>>1066116
>full of uneducated violent morons and black people
you mean Turks?
>>
>>1065411
law degree to be a police officer? sounds good.

many cities require a bachelors degree for all police officers, and i think a law degree is the best one (isnt criminal justice just a subset of law?)

id say go for it, it would be best if you dont have an accent though

with a law degree you could find a lot of other jobs too.
>>
How would a white Brit go about immigrating to Canada? The US would be great but I heard it's tough to do legally, plus I like the cold.
>>
>>1066272
write a letter to the queen, we basically are her colony.
>>
>>1066272
If you're under 30, you can come on a working holiday visa.
If you work well enough, you can probably get a regular working visa at the end of that. Stay long enough and apply for permanent residency.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/
It really helps the more remote you're willing to go.
>>
If you're Turkish why not just take a boat to Germany and claim you're a refugee?
>>
>>1065630
>The man has a law degree and you're suggesting he becomes a cop?
Yup. It's one of the degrees that gets you in the FBI academy too. Knowledge of the law is very important.

I don't think it matters that much it's a foreign degree, either. I proves his interest in a topic, and to the point of completion of the degree. Both good qualities in a person. As far as becoming useful with it? I'm not sure who is interested, but you should apply everywhere.

I'm going to also suggest that your country is going to be on the US watch list, so could probably have an easier time becoming a Canadian.
>>
>>1066364

I'm 24. I have looked at things like BUNAC but wasn't sure if it would help me in the long term.

I quite like the idea of remote Canada, how would it work in my favour?
>>
>>1066378
>boat to Germany
>from Turkey
Are you quite sure about that, anon?

>>1066414
Turkey is a NATO ally.

>>1066419
remote places are understaffed. I don't think you truly comprehend what remote means though. "Remote" means, say, a distance 1/2 the length of tiny England to the next town, with nothing in between. There's a reason they have to bribe people to live in such places.
>>
>>1066378
You are a massive retard
>>
>>1066640
>Turkey is a NATO ally.
So? It's also a country with a ton of trafficking at the moment.
>>
>>1066640
Across the Black Sea and up the Danube?
>>
>>1066649
It's a shitshow, yea, but it's much better than KSA, which is still Arab Buddy #1.

>>1066671
There are far easier ways.
>>
>>1066419
>I quite like the idea of remote Canada, how would it work in my favour?

A lot of young people leave to go work in cities. Immigrants don't like going there. So they have a hard time attracting residents and workers. An employer there is more likely to sponsor you for a work visa.

Never heard of BUNAC before now. I don't know if you really need their help to come here.
>>
>>1066812
What are these remote communities like? Also how do I find them?
>>
>>1066849
I don't know about Canada, but rural areas in Australia have really shitty Wifi. I have a friend who lives in rural NSW and she can't even load short Youtube videos I've sent her.
I think bumfuck Canada is also the same. Canada is a big country.
Some remote communities may be potvilles with a lot of potheads. Do your research and look up the crime rate of an area before moving there.
>>
>>1066850
>rural areas in Australia have really shitty Wifi
There was almost a nation wide fibre network but conservatives fucked it up.
>>
I'm Dutch, have a bachelor's degree in psychology (lul wut). My wife and I have good jobs here, but we want to fuck off out of here before the inevitable civil war kills us.

We've been looking hard at going to Canada. We even paid a commercial agency money to judge our chances, but they basically told us not to waste our efforts, since our chances of getting in on a permanent residency visa are next to nothing.

We would only get in on a job offer. How would I go about securing such a job offer? These distant places you mention sounds quite...tranquil. I wouldn't mind some peace and quiet with my wife, and I don't mind hard work as long as the pay can afford my expenses. I'm turning 30 this year and my wife is turning 28.

We've also been looking at New Zealand. But I've heard the pay is shit and the expenses are quite high.

Please Halp.
>>
>>1067915
Euros always have this romanticism about remote places.

>Swiss immigrants, btw
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/yukon-woman-mauled-bear-died-gunshot-wound-1.3378411

You should at the very least consider coming as tourists first.

I have to say, I find it hard to believe your chances are much worse than the hundreds of thousands of poorly educated shitskins we take from the Failipines or India each year. If they can get in, you certainly can, but it can take some years.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.