[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out whether im gonna visit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: london.jpg (246 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
london.jpg
246 KB, 640x360
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out whether im gonna visit London or not. I don't really have a good reason other than the fact that I haven't been there yet. If I go i'll probably only stay a few days there so i'm not really sure if its worth it.

London for 4 nights, mostly because I'm bored. yay or nay?
>>
>>1065043
And of course... What to do in London?
>>
Firstly, where are you coming from?
>>
>>1065045
Sweden, so it wont cost me too much to get there
>>
If you don't want to sleep for those 4 days it will be great seeing sights in the day and the club's at night just bring an umbrella
>>
>>1065043
The london eye is pretty cool, gives you a birdseye view of the city.
The tower of london is good if you want a bit of historical context.
There's a cool horror/waxwork place but I can't remember what it's called.
Loads of clubs, nightlife is solid, just look up London's biggest clubs.

One thing to be weary of is money, everything is expensive in london, the clubs and drinks especially.
I'm not really an expert on the city, but I've been quite a few times with family and friends.
>>
>>1065046

Right, well I'm a Southerner. I live very close to the 'satellite' towns. I've also been to London numerous times. You'll find many other Brits consider London a shitstain on the country, and rightfully so. There are only a few places in London generally considered beautiful and reminiscent of a successful cosmopolitan city - you won't afford those places, or at least regret reflecting on what you spent.

You're doing it because you are 'bored' which is an indicator that you're not that bothered about it that much. I don't understand how this place musters tourism, I really don't. But I can recommend you three other options.

If you've still got capital standards, Cardiff is ten times the city, and also ten times cheaper. You'll have a laugh, if you can get past being in Wales, the welsh are a good bunch though. A nice route is Cardiff through to Brecon via Merthr. Once you've seen enough go to Monmouth, check it out. Swoop down to Cardiff via Tintern Abbey, which is along the River Wye. There you go, you'll see a lot in four days, it isn't stressful and won't break the bank. At any point you will make it back to Cardiff before the night so you won't be stranded.

If you're looking for one of the best nightlife cities on the Southcoast hit up Bournemouth, you should definitely go around the New Forest and the little towns like Beaulieu and Lyndhurst. Then scooch along to the West, check out Corfe Castle on the way, down to Weymouth and Lyme Regis if you're inclined. The Jurassic coast is an attraction of sorts. If you also like old English cities you can shoot up to Salisbury, it might be a bit far out but worth it if you're a history geek also hit up Winchester. You can pass back down to Bournemouth through Southampton, it's a major city but not much of an attraction.

[CONT]
>>
>>1065064

[CONT]

Brighton is also a fun city. You've got access to the South Downs with has some pretty tasty villages. It's also on the Gatwick rotation, every hour there is a train that will take you back up to Gatwick from Brighton. Easy in and easy out. You will find plenty of cheap boutique hotels or however you like it, the night life isn't as hectic as London or Bournemouth, but Brighton is a little big more bohemian in nature, kind of green, hippy town. I always liked it there, so diverse and interesting. If you want to see the coast, again go West, I would recommend Chichester, it'll be an hour and a bit but it's a smashing old Roman town now city. I'd recommend spending most of your time in the downs though, also worth mentioning you stop in Arundel, it's mandatory.

That's the best information you'll find from a Southerner and it's legit. I can't stress enough how much of a waste of time London is, but if you're going for the sake of going, stick with Central.
>>
>>1065065
>>1065062

Thanks guys, I already got my main trips planned for summer so I'm mostly doing this because I got the time and some money left. And I need to get away from cuckland, holy shit Sweden is filled with retards nowadays.

Is there anywhere to go for a daytrip, starting in London?
>>1065065
Thanks for the input but I'm probably gonna stay in London. It's more or less a way for me to get away from Sweden for few days. Some day I'll take time to properly explore England.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.