[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi all, I have a decent career but I want to take a 9 week break
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: trump.jpg (12 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
12 KB, 318x159
Hi all,

I have a decent career but I want to take a 9 week break to teach english in china and get it out of my system (my company will allow this long max.). I am prepared to volunteer but it seems that these programs are either restricted to summers or in crappy locations with accommodation that isn't good for a bachelor like home stay or need to pay for bad home cooked meals etc.

Should I just get a normal one year contract and then break it after 9 weeks I'm ready via midnight run or something ? What are the consequences of this ? Could I be blacklisted to never work in China again ?
>>
I should also add the reason I wouldn't want to do a summer is that they normally involve being isolated in a camp or teaching weekends and nights......also I want to have the "real experience" of teaching in a classroom and not tutor some kids after class
>>
>>1065016
Or would it be possible to just sign a contract and give one month notice...I heard they have to give a letter of release
>>
>>1065016
>What are the consequences of this ?
Probably none other than being an asshole
>>
What are you hoping to achieve by travelling to China and "teaching" for 9 weeks? You wouldn't provide any benefit, educational or otherwise, to any students for that amount of time at a serious school let alone a tutoring agency.

Your irresponsibility and utter selfishness really irks me. You're willing to sacrifice the education of children for your cheap thrills and a "real experience". You want to travel? Go to China as a tourist. You want to switch lanes and become a teacher? Do it with a committed mindset like any other career.

Yes, I'm mad. /rant
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.