[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with Hotel Carter in NYC? Anyone stayed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: hotel-carter[1].jpg (119 KB, 287x395) Image search: [Google]
hotel-carter[1].jpg
119 KB, 287x395
What's the deal with Hotel Carter in NYC? Anyone stayed there?

Seems to be lots of murders, crimes, bed bugs, mold, grime, etc etc etc basically the worst hotel ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zLL-NeiZKE
>>
>>1064986
I stayed there once, for one night, many years ago. The deal with it is that it is cheap and in central Manhattan--close, among other things, to the Port Authority bus terminal, which probably increases the scumbag quotient. It stays cheap by offering a large number of very small rooms in a mostly unrenovated 80-year-old structure, together with negligible housekeeping or other services.

There are actually a couple of other similarly awful sleep mills in Midtown, but thanks to word of mouth and the Internet, the Carter has managed to accumulate the largest number of bad reviews and cement its only slightly exaggerated reputation as filthiest hotel in the country.

I'm thankful that I was there before the most recent bedbug population explosion--my only problem was a general air of desolation and a toilet that didn't really flush.
>>
>>1065244

Interesting. Why have bed bugs gotten out of control recently?
>>
>>1065247
I'm not sure. Periodic, cyclical population boom? Import of superbedbugs from abroad? Global warming? But I know that I only started to hear horror stories over the last 10 years or so. I was staying in seriously subpar accommodations in NYC 20+ years ago and that wasn't one of their problems. Roaches yes, but not bedbugs.
>>
>>1065247
They used to be endemic to just shitty parts of the world. Air travel meant that Indians could sleep in their hotel in Delhi, load up their clothes with bed bugs and sleep in Boston the next day.
>>
>>1065258
>They used to be endemic to just shitty parts of the world. Air travel meant that Indians could sleep in their hotel in Delhi, load up their clothes with bed bugs and sleep in Boston the next day.
A less racist version of this is the truth.

If it was just one race or something then it would be so common even in the best hotels.

Any traveller of any race who visited the developing world could pick them up and bring them to all the other hotels they stayed at on their journey and then back home.

Hell, you probably don't even need to stay at a hotel to get them, you could get them on the plane if you're unlucky though they spray planes for shit like this.

>You are now less resentful for the shit that stewardesses spray on you before landing.
>>
>>1065287
>posts proof that whites are as savage as the rest of the bads
>can't see own self is the reason
>>
>>1065278
>If it was just one race or something then it would be so common even in the best hotels.

I think you missed the point that the anon used the word indian and "air travel" to mean "3rd world" conditions move fast from place to place. The fact of the matter is that your bag can pick them up that one night in the hostel or even in the belly of the airplane next to another anons bags for 14hrs.

The "best" hotels will be on top of extermination needs proactively, ie using a ton of it, pouring sevin dust into outlets. Having mattresses sealed, caulking all cracks, and so forth. Bed bugs are near impossible to get rid of it, if they aren't killed before they hide and breed. This means lots of poison and preventing hiding places without poison.

Disney hotels have had issues with it, as well as passengers bit while sitting in seats on airplanes. It's inescapable, but a great property will fight it before it gets to the point the building would need to be fumigated with a tent.

Some people do travel like vagabonds, and then clean up for a night at the 5star to pamper before their flight home. It's not how I travel, of course, but if you let your bags come in contact with the wrong surfaces, that's you too. I dont place bags in the room til I check it out closely, or I only open/close it on dresser or other hard surface. I never ever "unpack" if I'm staying less than a week.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.