[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Howdy folks! I could really use some help with future traveling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: US.gif (59 KB, 2700x1702) Image search: [Google]
US.gif
59 KB, 2700x1702
Howdy folks! I could really use some help with future traveling plans. This June, around mid-june, I want to do a cross country trip across the United States. now I have a bunch of questions about this.

1. If I go mostly by train/bus/walking what would the recommend minimal amount of money one would need to save for such a trip. Im working right now and may have $900 by the end of the month and obviously I will work until then but would 2grand be okay? I am planning on the trip being 2 months long and I have no problem being homeless i.e. staving most of the time.

2. Are there any good books that can offer advice on traveling the states? I live in the bayt area (California) so ideally the trip would be a big circle or so.

3. How do you guys that work minimum wage jobs save more to travel? How do you turn your money into money?

Thank you for all replies, im sure over the months I will post many times.
>>
Step 1 for traveling across the US: rent a car.

Land-based cross-country mass transit in the US is a joke. With a car, you will be able to get wherever you need to go and get there on your own terms. All you need to worry about is paying for gas, and it's actually pretty cheap now with the Saudis purposely driving down oil prices to suffocate their competition.

Once more, there is no debate here. To travel across the US, you NEED a car.
>>
>>1064633
Also, in terms of gas prices, I calculated what I currently spend on my own car for gas and it comes out to ~$1.00 every 12.5 miles. So, if you were to take a 3,000-mile trip (roughly the distance from coast to coast), you would need ~$250.00 for gas.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.