[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
places to go for winter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
Hi /trv/,
quite new to this board and have mostly been lurking around here on 4chan.
the travellers board seems more like the common man than any other board.
I have a question, or more likely a problem. anyways, any hints, tips, post experiences, faults, warnings etc. will be considered.
I'm 24 and have lived in a religious community for 2 years and a half. I'm from scandinavia and lived outside of my country of birth for most of my post teenage years.
Here's the drill, I don't like money, and I don't like routine, I like nature and mustycism, occult and artistic views on life. I am looking for somewhere to go, not in the summer, but soon, mid january or so. It should be in the Eu, and warm enough to get stranded in my sleeping bag(carinthia military) but I don't have money and don't intend to get any. Just to sum up, I didn't have money for 5 years.
I'm willing to woof or otherwise contribute to communal living, hand to mouth if you're familiar with the term.
>do you know any places to go, where guests are welcome? autonomous, religous, anarchistic, weird, occult, or just plain hippie style
>>
>>1064601
it could also be squatting opportunities
>>
File: SAM_1951.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1951.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
I only know about two options for squats; I'm sure there are many.
On the farthest north tip of Sardinia there's a hippie colony. It's a bad option in the winter, though. I visited in June and there were only old people there, with no teeth and nowhere else to go. They told me "Come back in August. Naked girls, swimming, we bake pizza every day."
Pic related, the old hippies.

There's also the Faslane Peace Camp in Scotland, which is a year-round squat community of anti-nuclear protesters. Apparently in winter there's some competition for trailers to sleep in, so that might be a difficulty.
>>
Try volunteering in southern europe through helpX, wwoofing, etc?
>>
>>1064721
Thank you anon!
Never heard of helpX before and it's so much what I was looking for. Very neat site and easy to hook up. Here it seems more that it's the host needing help, whereas other sites make it the volunteer looking for opportunities.
>>
>>1064734
Yeah, and it's definitely worth paying for IMO. For the price of two nights in a hostel you get unlimited accommodation everywhere on earth for a year.
>>
>>1064755
Yep, if viewed as a payment for education as well it's cheap, no debts, no hazzle. I'll get it upgraded asap.
>>
Bump.

I'm still waiting for more ideas /tr/avellers.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.